Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Recruiting tool..nothing changed then?

I find it humorous that since we’ve had the ability to set our clan’s language we’ve had three people apply and all three did their request to join in a language different than English (which is what we have it set at). All three were different languages from each other as well.

Glad to see that language has been added as a feature (eye-roll)
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    I find it humorous that since we’ve had the ability to set our clan’s language we’ve had three people apply and all three did their request to join in a language different than English (which is what we have it set at). All three were different languages from each other as well.

I do find that funny

Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post

It's been added as eye-candy in the recruit menu. Since it's one-sided, an players have no such way to declare languages, it can't possibly be but a facade to pretend they heard the loud "we need our players to speak our languages !" feedback when they asked us what we needed of the recruitment tool. They heard enough to acknowledge the issue, but not enough to fix it, just to pretend to. Let's keep calling out their... B(latant) S(hortcuts) ?😎
    Last edited by obarthelemy; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:19 AM.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    It's been added as eye-candy in the recruit menu. Since it's one-sided, an players have no such way to declare languages, it can't possibly be but a facade to pretend they heard the loud "we need our players to speak our languages !" feedback when they asked us what we needed of the recruitment tool. They heard enough to acknowledge the issue, but not enough to fix it, just to pretend to. Let's keep calling out their... B(latant) S(hortcuts) ?��
    When did the ability of players to set their language get removed for you?

It is limited to the set of languages directly supported by the game, but it is still there for me, as it always has been.

Pro Member
    Under recruitment troll hood to figure out what's going on there
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

It is limited to the set of languages directly supported by the game, but it is still there for me, as it always has been.
    If only you knew what he's referring to

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

You're thinking of the language players set the game or their OS to, I'm talking of the players' native and additional languages they know well enough play/chat in. The relation between the 2 is loose, certainly not 1:1 t since you can set the game to only 1 language and are incited to set it to English (reasons below).

I've got my OS and game set to English (makes it easier to Google better-quality info), yet my clan is French-only, and as an individual player I could function in a French, English, Spanish, and (stretching it a bit) German clan.
    Last edited by obarthelemy; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:36 AM.

The enduring issues with the recruitment tool were apparent even in the patch notes:
    - the tool is about matching players and clans. Adding 1 language for clans is already simplistic,
    - not having the matching setting(s) for players makes it useless
    - the blurb about the changes to the tool was wishy-washy, I got the immediate feeling that even the person writing the ad for it was unconvinced. This was not the usual triomphant tone.
    - the description was lacking any info about the actual mechanics, just "we added a language setting for the chat", no details on how that's used in the tool.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    Slightly improved.

Still see some non-native alphabets. Only 4 of 50 on first search.

Will check again after a week to check for active players only.
    Well since I have just learned today that the language setting only helps those players looking for a clan and does nothing for clans looking for members, I will bet that the best we can hope for is a much abridged list a week from now containing only those who WANT to join a clan. I don’t expect your 4/50 ratio to change one iota when it comes to language.

And before anyone says “we dont know if SC did anything language related for clans searching for recruits”, I think we can safely assume that if they did, they would have told us since that was the main complaint most had and SC would have been delighted to give us a positive answer if there were one.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesn’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Well since I have just learned today that the language setting only helps those players looking for a clan and does nothing for clans looking for members, I will bet that the best we can hope for is a much abridged list a week from now containing only those who WANT to join a clan. I don’t expect your 4/50 ratio to change one iota when it comes to language.

And before anyone says “we dont know if SC did anything language related for clans searching for recruits”, I think we can safely assume that if they did, they would have told us since that was the main complaint most had and SC would have been delighted to give us a positive answer if there were one.
    When I saw this exchange below I was hopeful. I thought if the change only impacted players looking at a clan to decide whether they want to join based on the language the clan noted in their setting....that Darian would have said "well we didn't really change much, we didn't do anything that impacts searches in any way, it is just a description you can put in your clan info if you want to." There also were a lot of posts from players saying how excited and thankful they were that there was this new language filter. There was no official response to say that they were mistaken. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I'm still holding out hope that the language setting does impact searching for players.

Quote Originally Posted by RageOut View Post
    "we can't do a language setting, we can't do a language setting"....ta da!
    Same for the having to refresh your opt in to invites.
    I'm glad they've managed to figure out how but does leave a sour taste when people's suggestions were pushed back and made to feel like they were asking for the impossible and how dare they keeping asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    I am pretty sure I said that there were large things to consider when implementing a language setting, and didn't say it was impossible or that we can't do it. In fact I'm very careful to not say we can't do things because pretty much anything is possible, given a certain duration of time and resources. The whole point of the recruitment thread was to see what were some of the higher priority requests that could be completed within a reasonable amount of time by the team that made the teal, in time for this update. I am fairly certain I've not said we couldn't do it. I've only stated what the challenges are in trying to accomplish it in a manner that would be usable.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Can you give us more information on what was done? Will it work now like the hall setting such that if we set a language for our clan when we search for players we will find only players that have their game set to that language?

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    I am not sure I would interpret it as saying only the recruit can use the language when picking a clan. Rather than quote it again I encourage you to read the blue "I" information button in the recruiting tool. Language is a factor in choosing which recruits you see when searching. But not an exclusive filter.
    Language was a factor prior to the recent update. The question is whether adding a language setting for the clan will impact the results when searching for players.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.