Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Recruiting tool..nothing changed then?

Recruiting tool..nothing changed then?

Is it me or “from a recruiter’s perspective “, has the recruiting tool actually changed at all?

I know things have changed in terms of those looking for a clan but from my end, as someone looking for new members of my clan, it looks as if nothing has changed.

Basically, i still have the same rubbish screen to use to find new members. Am i wrong, but it seems the recruiting tool is still as useful as a chocolate teapot in a desert!

This all seems strange since we were all asked for changes to the tool, none of which seem to have been implemented.

Warriors are OP
    Maybe, well i am not looking for clans now, but still i selected at receive invites in order to test the tool. But strange i haven't got any invite. First I thought maybe people don't need th13 anymore or wait, is it actually working ?
    Last edited by ExploringGalaxy; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moaner View Post
    Is it me or “from a recruiter’s perspective “, has the recruiting tool actually changed at all?

I know things have changed in terms of those looking for a clan but from my end, as someone looking for new members of my clan, it looks as if nothing has changed.

Basically, i still have the same rubbish screen to use to find new members. Am i wrong, but it seems the recruiting tool is still as useful as a chocolate teapot in a desert!

This all seems strange since we were all asked for changes to the tool, none of which seem to have been implemented
    'what we ask for' is not what the game is all about, unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by Moaner View Post

This all seems strange since we were all asked for changes to the tool, none of which seem to have been implemented.
    To be fair, a chocolate teapot sounds tasty. As a recruiter, I think you have to set your chat language in the clan settings then give it about 24 hours or whenever the daily refresh occurs to see a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    To be fair, a chocolate teapot sounds tasty. As a recruiter, I think you have to set your chat language in the clan settings then give it about 24 hours or whenever the daily refresh occurs to see a difference.
    Maybe. Hopefully. Despite the question being asked many times and SC answering other questions in the same threads, the question of whether the clan language setting will impact searching for players has not yet been answered. I hope it works like the clan hall setting. It is also possible it has no impact on searching for players.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Maybe. Hopefully. Despite the question being asked many times and SC answering other questions in the same threads, the question of whether the clan language setting will impact searching for players has not yet been answered. I hope it works like the clan hall setting. It is also possible it has no impact on searching for players.
    The clan searching tab doesn’t have the option to choose a clan chat language, so I’m not really sure how effective searching is when the clasher and the clan can’t use the same parameters. I would guess the searcher’s language is based on their app language settings, and setting the same language for the clan as a whole looks for that individual app setting. Otherwise, it looks like setting a chat language does nothing for the recruiter unless there are hidden factors at play.
    Last edited by toofinedog; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    The information pop-up in the tool reads:

"Players suggested for your clan are evaluated daily to be a good match on various factors. Only
    players who recently opted-in to find a new clan are shown.
    Some factors are:
    -activity such as attacks, donations and chatting.
    -location, language and typical time playing the game."

"Your clan settings also influence recommendations. You won't see players who do not meet these criteria.
    -minimum town hall
    -minimum trophy in home village and builder base.
    Changing clan settings will not immediately change suggestions"

It is now more than 24 hours since I set language and country in my clan settings menu.
    I know some players can try to game the system by changing the in-game language.
    I know I still see dead bases, foreign names, script I don't read.

May still have a ways to go.
    I just changed the clan language so I will see in the next few days, but without language filter it's impossible to see people from the same language (Italian speakers).

In practice since global chats was deleted we only recruit...no we don't recruit anymore
    Main: Ganoes Paran (the original Master of the Deck of Dragons )
    TH13 - LVL 211 - BK 70 - AQ 70 - GW 50 - RC 20
    Clan EMPOLI CLAN Co-Leader (LVL16 clan)
    Second: Tavore Paran TH12.5 LVL 150

It’s been somewhere between 24-48 hours since I set my clan chat language to English. When I go to the recruitment tool, I still see people who have names in unfamiliar alphabets. Aside from the possibility that just because someone has a foreign-looking or -sounding name, they may have English as their device language setting (if that is what is used to match the player preference to the clan preference), I turned to the update notes:

• Players who chose to be suggested in the Find New Members feature must confirm that they are still looking for a Clan every week to continue being suggested.

So things should look better in a week maybe.

I too was hoping for better results. On a quick look i noticed clans who do not natively speak English as a primary language had it set to "English". On searching for players i am seeing many names that are unreadable by those of us who are not bilingual. Why are they popping up on a search when all we would like to see is names we can read firstly and communicate with secondly.

Again i am still failing to see a replacement to global chat. A rushed project is still far from being the finished product.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Ohhh, thanks for that. I must have missed that part of it and I didn't even realize the setting was there. I just updated mine.

Am continuing to bump recruitment threads in this forum and elsewhere, but that's a pretty rough way to recruit too. I am really hoping these changes to the in-game recruiting tool help...
    Last edited by Hades8; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:06 PM.