Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: TH8 opinions

Banned

TH8 opinions

Am I literally the only one who cares about th8? It's got so much to love with the cute black skeleton walls, and the colourful rockets of the air defence (I wish they were 1100 HP though), and the golden cannons and archer towers. Th8 literally screams gold and it's amazing. I also like the red dragons and the blue barbarians. It's the most colourful town hall ever. I'm surprised no one cares because it's the most fun thing. Props to those people who have perma-maxed th8s because you guys are truly experiencing clash at it's extreme. Th8 may not be challenging (if you go for the nooby option) but it's easily the most customisable and I've always had the most fun on this town hall level. The wall breakers even have gold bombs for crying out loud. Th8 is priceless especially in 2016 when nothing could compare to it. Even to this day I have perma-maxed th8 accounts and I only progress because that's what supercell wants. I progress on my th10 but literally every other account is th8 and th7 and it's so much fun.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    A...because you guys are truly experiencing clash at it's extreme....
    I don't agree. Clash experience is more extreme at TH13 and now TH14 more than ever.
    Though, I would like to know whether you have a max TH13 account and yet have this kind of view? Just curious and no judgement here, you are entitled to your own opinion and I respect it.

Warriors are OP
    Also stratagies (planning) were awesome, when you can fully plan the base and think where the golem or valk or wiz would go.
    It needed skills but still quite easy for a casual player (as base was small).

Not like what some people do here at th13 with sketches and using various apps, editors marking the spots, where which troop would go on a "giant base".
    Literally not a fun thing for a casual player.
    Last edited by ExploringGalaxy; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:01 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    I don't agree. Clash experience is more extreme at TH13 and now TH14 more than ever.
    Though, I would like to know whether you have a max TH13 account and yet have this kind of view? Just curious and no judgement here, you are entitled to your own opinion and I respect it.
    I had a th11, but now I no longer have access to it. So now my main account is a th10, and my second is a th9 then th8s and th7s. I also took many clash breaks in between months and years.

Am I literally the only one who cares about th8? It's got so much to love with the cute black skeleton walls, and the colourful rockets of the air defence (I wish they were 1100 HP though), and the golden cannons and archer towers. Th8 literally screams gold and it's amazing. I also like the red dragons and the blue barbarians. It's the most colourful town hall ever. I'm surprised no one cares because it's the most fun thing. Props to those people who have perma-maxed th8s because you guys are truly experiencing clash at it's extreme. Th8 may not be challenging (if you go for the nooby option) but it's easily the most customisable and I've always had the most fun on this town hall level. The wall breakers even have gold bombs for crying out loud. Th8 is priceless especially in 2016 when nothing could compare to it. Even to this day I have perma-maxed th8 accounts and I only progress because that's what supercell wants. I progress on my th10 but literally every other account is th8 and th7 and it's so much fun.
    TH8 was fun some time ago. Nowadays it's fun if you are playing with restrictions (like F8 rules or IC8 before that).

I have a few perma mini accounts, ranging TH5 to TH9, TH5 to TH10 "soon". I'm playing these accounts to level up a clan with a couple clanmates, but definitely those aren't my main account(s).

If you start playing TH11 with the grand warden and eagle artillery, even TH10 gets boring (unless you are playing siegeless or some other competitive variations). You cannot learn to lalo at TH8. Sui- or queen charge- lalo is the most awesome attack when it's executed well, don't you agree? In order to learn to lalo, you need hounds so at least be a TH9.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eitiel View Post
    TH8 was fun some time ago. Nowadays it's fun if you are playing with restrictions (like F8 rules or IC8 before that).

I have a few perma mini accounts, ranging TH5 to TH9, TH5 to TH10 "soon". I'm playing these accounts to level up a clan with a couple clanmates, but definitely those aren't my main account(s).

If you start playing TH11 with the grand warden and eagle artillery, even TH10 gets boring (unless you are playing siegeless or some other competitive variations). You cannot learn to lalo at TH8. Sui- or queen charge- lalo is the most awesome attack when it's executed well, don't you agree? In order to learn to lalo, you need hounds so at least be a TH9.
    I don't have access to sieges on my th10 and neither do my opponents so we both struggle. Lalo is fun but it rarely works nowadays on th9s. Every base that I find on th9 defends against lalo but is weak to witchslap so I just witchslap them all.

I don't have access to sieges on my th10 and neither do my opponents so we both struggle.
    I matched clans with perma-TH9's and some TH13 donating account, which spam a max edrag and used max level lightning against TH8's! At least that has been nerfed now. But don't tell me you play siegeless in random spins.

Lalo is fun but it rarely works nowadays on th9s. Every base that I find on th9 defends against lalo but is weak to witchslap so I just witchslap them all.
    Don't you agree that witches are OP at TH9 and should be stopped?
    What has SC done in the last few years in order to balance TH9?
    Why do you think the TH8 offense imbalance should be fixed and the TH9 imbalance shouldn't?

I'm not talking about spam lalo but the kind of well-planned surgical lalo you once learned to use at TH9, was the only attack that could three star TH10's before siege machines and the inferno nerf, and you can still use successfully at every town hall level through TH14.
    Last edited by eitiel; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:40 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eitiel View Post
    I matched clans with perma-TH9's and some TH13 donating account, which spam a max edrag and used max level lightning against TH8's! At least that has been nerfed now. But don't tell me you play siegeless in random spins.

Don't you agree that witches are OP at TH9 and should be stopped?
    What has SC done in the last few years in order to balance TH9?
    Why do you think the TH8 offense imbalance should be fixed and the TH9 imbalance shouldn't?

I'm not talking about spam lalo but the kind of well-planned surgical lalo you once learned to use at TH9, was the only attack that could three star TH10's before siege machines and the inferno nerf, and you can still use successfully at every town hall level through TH14.
    Witchslap requires more skill than dragons and witchslap is not even that reliable because I had 50% success rate with it. th8 I had 100% rate with dragons and I've been playing th8 at least half of my clash career. BTW, I don't use siege machines on random spins because there are no th12s in my clan. Th8 imbalance should be fixed because th8 is too easy but th9 is actually challenging since barely anyone can 3 star at th9 but at th8 I see countless 3 stars day in, day out.

Pro Member
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    Basically I have more attachment to TH9 even more than what I have for any higher town halls. This was because I was at TH9 for a whole of 2 years with my main account. This was because I had truly rushed all the lower town halls levels as I was having too long breaks in game. It took me around 2 years to max my TH9. All those wall levels, lalo, witch slap, pekka attacks give me nostalgia. But that doesn't mean I should ask SC to make TH9 again what it was. I am happy with its state now. Its easier to max it rn. Earlier collecting dark elixir was a pain but it is much better now. Now I have experience at every town hall level as I have perma-maxed accounts from Th8 to TH13 (I am not doing TH14 now).

Pro Member
    Am I literally the only one who cares about th8?.
    A great big ‘A+’ for your efforts to balance the offense/defense of TH8 thru more angles then I can remember. Good luck.

Sorry...

To answer your question: ‘Yes, probably’