Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 47 of 47

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: TH8 opinions

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    I've found examples of nerfs to the th8 defence but I'm not going to say anything. With Mario, there are many levels but with COC there are many town halls available. If we think of th8 as the 8th world in super mario 3d world, it would be way harder than th2 but sadly, this is not the case and they fall into the same difficulty category. My point works with me to say that things don't have to change and people can remember them the way they were instead of committing kamikaze on th8 and then people not being able to experience th8 when they couldn't experience the game at its finest.
    Think many people would argue the game is a lot healthier now than it was back when you think it was better. the numerous QOLs since then have really helped the game be healthier in terms of farming and just regular activities.

    The more you try to prove your point the more selfish you sound. Half the time you say you want to make the game balanced but then your reasons are entirely to preserve your memories and not make the game better for new players. Consider the new guys who never played th 8 as maxed. they don't care about th 8 anymore. that's not where the shiniest toys are. they want siege machines, the cool troops and pets! you can't get these at th 8. you can try to tell the new players they should like th 8 but that doesn't mean they will care. You can't force nostalgia on anyone. if they never experienced it, they can't have fond memories of it. that's how life works. One of my clan mates started 1.5 years ago. their th 8 is th 10. thats the th they love. they think it was the best. they hate th 8 because there isn't much to do their and most of the exciting stuff can't be used there. think they care what 2016 th 8? no.

    Supercell isn't Disney. they don't want to cater to nostalgia of your favorite childhood memories. they want to design a fun game for new and old players alike. they want to add interesting content for the players who've made it to the "End" while helping new players feel like they can catch up. they want new players to feel like reaching th 14 or th 20 when it comes out is possible.

    If they cater to the nostalgia of each and every player, then every th would go untouched. and new players would feel daunted by the ever increasing challenge at each th level. new players would be deterred as the top is probably impossible if th x, y and z are already so challenging. Preserving your nostalgia would likely have to come at a price of giving up the ability to play the game.

  2. #42
    New Bloke/Chick
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    40
    I wouldn’t mind 1100 hp to th8 ads, but th9 ads have that exact amount of health. So... would we buff th9 ads? But dragons are already out of the th9 meta...

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I went through TH8 during my first year of play 6? Or so years ago. You may consider TH8 as the game at it’s finest, you do you, but for many of us TH8 was not “finest”. In fact far from it. It was/is simplistic, repetitive and IMO lacked any real challenge. Feel free to enjoy it as much as you can, I would prefer that SC spends it’s time on changes that affect the majority of the player base rather than a niche component.
    Lacked challenge? What was your 3 star rate? Mate I'm only asking for an air defence buff to 1100 hp. Is that really too much to ask?
    Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    Think many people would argue the game is a lot healthier now than it was back when you think it was better. the numerous QOLs since then have really helped the game be healthier in terms of farming and just regular activities.

    The more you try to prove your point the more selfish you sound. Half the time you say you want to make the game balanced but then your reasons are entirely to preserve your memories and not make the game better for new players. Consider the new guys who never played th 8 as maxed. they don't care about th 8 anymore. that's not where the shiniest toys are. they want siege machines, the cool troops and pets! you can't get these at th 8. you can try to tell the new players they should like th 8 but that doesn't mean they will care. You can't force nostalgia on anyone. if they never experienced it, they can't have fond memories of it. that's how life works. One of my clan mates started 1.5 years ago. their th 8 is th 10. thats the th they love. they think it was the best. they hate th 8 because there isn't much to do their and most of the exciting stuff can't be used there. think they care what 2016 th 8? no.

    Supercell isn't Disney. they don't want to cater to nostalgia of your favorite childhood memories. they want to design a fun game for new and old players alike. they want to add interesting content for the players who've made it to the "End" while helping new players feel like they can catch up. they want new players to feel like reaching th 14 or th 20 when it comes out is possible.

    If they cater to the nostalgia of each and every player, then every th would go untouched. and new players would feel daunted by the ever increasing challenge at each th level. new players would be deterred as the top is probably impossible if th x, y and z are already so challenging. Preserving your nostalgia would likely have to come at a price of giving up the ability to play the game.
    Yes but how does increasing the air defence hp to 1100 hp got to do with any of all that? I'm not talking about the idea that I want the game when dark storages could be zapped. People should have even chances at defending. This is not an even chance. What's even the problem with 1100 hp on level 6. I either fail to see your reason why you hate that or I forgot. This is just one thing they could do to preserve it. Not completely get it back up but just one thing. One more update to th8 then I'll stop talking about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGamingDragon View Post
    I wouldn’t mind 1100 hp to th8 ads, but th9 ads have that exact amount of health. So... would we buff th9 ads? But dragons are already out of the th9 meta...
    Yes so th9 air defences stay the same hp. They are fine the way they are so no need to change level 7 air defences. It's the level 6 ones that need changing.
    Last edited by Bakunin; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:28 PM. Reason: Main Forum Rule No.2

  4. #44
    New Bloke/Chick
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Yes so th9 air defences stay the same hp. They are fine the way they are so no need to change level 7 air defences. It's the level 6 ones that need changing.
    So I think this would be the first building upgrade ever that doesn’t have any health buff.
    Last edited by TheGamingDragon; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:44 PM.

  5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Am I literally the only one who cares about th8? It's got so much to love with the cute black skeleton walls, and the colourful rockets of the air defence (I wish they were 1100 HP though), and the golden cannons and archer towers. Th8 literally screams gold and it's amazing. I also like the red dragons and the blue barbarians. It's the most colourful town hall ever. I'm surprised no one cares because it's the most fun thing. Props to those people who have perma-maxed th8s because you guys are truly experiencing clash at it's extreme.
    Utter nonsense. There is no rational definition of "extreme" where that might be even close to true.

    Th8 may not be challenging (if you go for the nooby option) but it's easily the most customisable
    Well apart from TH9, TH10, TH11, TH12, TH13 and TH14, that is true. But then you would expect it to be the most customisable of the first 8.



    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    What? I was just trying to get people to see the game from my point of view because clearly you guys are failing to do so. Th8 needs to be balanced and I'm trying to talk sense into you.
    No it doesn't, and no you aren't. Saying things like you are "experiencing Clash at its extreme", and TH8 is the "most customisable" are not talking sense, they are complete nonsense.


    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Yes which is why I want to make it important once again by increasing the difficulty without having to restrict people.
    But it absolutely should not be important - and Supercell recognise that, which is why your desired changes just aren't going to happen.

    In terms of time and loot required, a maxed TH8 now is about 1/10 of the way through the game. That level should not be important any more. It is a stepping stone, no more.

    By massively reducing costs of upgrades for all the lower levels in this upgrade, Supercell have shown they just want people to pass through those levels as quickly as possible.
    Last edited by Ajax; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:15 PM.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Yes but how does increasing the air defence hp to 1100 hp got to do with any of all that? I'm not talking about the idea that I want the game when dark storages could be zapped. People should have even chances at defending. This is not an even chance. What's even the problem with 1100 hp on level 6. I either fail to see your reason why you hate that or I forgot. This is just one thing they could do to preserve it. Not completely get it back up but just one thing. One more update to th8 then I'll stop talking about it.
    Here's your first post. You asked for our views on th 8 not on an idea a buff.

    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Am I literally the only one who cares about th8? It's got so much to love with the cute black skeleton walls, and the colourful rockets of the air defence (I wish they were 1100 HP though), and the golden cannons and archer towers. Th8 literally screams gold and it's amazing. I also like the red dragons and the blue barbarians. It's the most colourful town hall ever. I'm surprised no one cares because it's the most fun thing. Props to those people who have perma-maxed th8s because you guys are truly experiencing clash at it's extreme. Th8 may not be challenging (if you go for the nooby option) but it's easily the most customisable and I've always had the most fun on this town hall level. The wall breakers even have gold bombs for crying out loud. Th8 is priceless especially in 2016 when nothing could compare to it. Even to this day I have perma-maxed th8 accounts and I only progress because that's what supercell wants. I progress on my th10 but literally every other account is th8 and th7 and it's so much fun.
    So as I've said before, I've not said anything about 1100 hp like you think I have. If you refuse to acknowledge anything I say then stop replying to me. This is getting to the point of feeling like you're attempting to troll. And th 8 has had 1 update to it make offense weaker so you clearly won't stop talking about it after just one.
    Last edited by Bakunin; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:29 PM. Reason: Main Forum Rule No.2

  7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #47
    Since this is just devolving into yet another pointless therad about the Ops pet peeve, it is pretty close to a violation of forum rule #4, and is now closed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •