Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Suggested Change to Donation System

Lightbulb Suggested Change to Donation System

I don't think that I've seen this suggestion or request in the forums. I am suggesting that the donation system change in light of the newest update introducing donation level caps. Since we can no longer donate overpowered troops, can the system be changed so that any clan member elder or higher, be able to donate to the defensive clan castles? Not just the ones in the war lineup.

I realize this gives an advantage to clan families, but being a part of a clan family is one of the great community features of Clash of Clans. Clan families already have the ability to move freely within their family and donate offensive clan castle troops. This would merely expand on the ability to help out team mates, especially among players who don't wish to war but still would like to help out.

Thanks for your consideration.

Millennial Club
    No thx...what if the war is TH10 and lower....a TH12or 11 elder can donate troops TH10 can’t make into the War CC...
    I don’t see a need for this change.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L75 | BK: 75 | GW 50 | RC: 25 | Max Trophies: 5500+

The need for the change is to allow for a greater number of people than just the clan members participating in the war to help out in donating war troops. Since there has already been a nerf put in place to not allow overpowered troops, this should be a non-issue. I personally find it a nice challenge and an accomplishment to take my mini accounts into war and 3 star bases that have decent (but not overpowered) war cc donations.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah5417 View Post
    The need for the change is to allow for a greater number of people than just the clan members participating in the war to help out in donating war troops. Since there has already been a nerf put in place to not allow overpowered troops, this should be a non-issue. I personally find it a nice challenge and an accomplishment to take my mini accounts into war and 3 star bases that have decent (but not overpowered) war cc donations.
    I don't know why you think today's change makes any difference. It doesn't.

It isn't ruled out, but I think it extremely unlikely SC will ever make this change. It is more likely IMO that they will at some point find a way if only allowing offensive war CCs to be filled by players in the war.

Fresh Spawn
    I am so mad about the donation cap. It needs to revert back to how it was before the update. It's a no-go for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjs1love View Post
    I am so mad about the donation cap. It needs to revert back to how it was before the update. It's a no-go for me.
    Why are you highjacking this this thread? He wants to allow certain people who aren't in war to be allowed to donate. This isn't a debate thread about the changes.

For the op, the balance was to bring balance more in line with those without access to the higher level troops. Your suggestion makes it so troops unavailable to the players may now be on defense, op or not. This seems to be an attempt to regain an advantage on defense that you lost from the most recent changes in my opinion.

Fresh Spawn
    The thread I wanted to comment on was closed. This is close enough. Are you a moderator?

The thread I wanted to comment on was closed. This is close enough. Are you a moderator?
    It was closed because it's not happening. Deal with it.

I'm not but I was trying to hint to you before a moderator does. Lets end this discussion since its off topic. If the thread you wanted to comment on was closed, you should read what the moderator said when they closed it. If it was closed because of the topic, you dont need to hijack other threads and get them closed. You can post these thoughts on the sneak peak thread or patch note thread where everyone else is.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah5417 View Post
    I don't think that I've seen this suggestion or request in the forums. I am suggesting that the donation system change in light of the newest update introducing donation level caps. Since we can no longer donate overpowered troops, can the system be changed so that any clan member elder or higher, be able to donate to the defensive clan castles? Not just the ones in the war lineup.

I realize this gives an advantage to clan families, but being a part of a clan family is one of the great community features of Clash of Clans. Clan families already have the ability to move freely within their family and donate offensive clan castle troops. This would merely expand on the ability to help out team mates, especially among players who don't wish to war but still would like to help out.

Thanks for your consideration.
    I think it makes sense and even made a comment about something similar in Sneak Peek #0 last week. You took it further by specifying elder or higher which also makes sense, so random members can’t “help” out when they aren’t helping. Since you can no longer “power level” smaller THs in war or multi, it seems like a likely path, but I will continue to fill war CCs with maxed troops scaled down from my main/strongest mini in war all the same.