Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Upgrading pets with potions?

  1. #1
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    everywhere and no where!
    Posts
    112

    Question Upgrading pets with potions?

    Doesnít seem like builder potion or research potion boost the pets upgrades. Is there any reason behind this?

  2. #2
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Still searching for the hog rider in BB...
    Posts
    1,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybdub View Post
    Doesnít seem like builder potion or research potion boost the pets upgrades. Is there any reason behind this?
    If I remember correctly, they are treated as heroes for the purpose of upgrades. (hmmm, but then hero upgrades are affected by builder potions....)

  3. #3
    New Bloke/Chick
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybdub View Post
    Doesn’t seem like builder potion or research potion boost the pets upgrades. Is there any reason behind this?
    I also think this is dumb. They gave them both negatives of lab and heroes, then gave them no way to speed up the upgrades. Kinda seems like most of the DE at th14 is going into Pets...not heroes. My queen is already finished.

  4. #4
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    everywhere and no where!
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by WillyRecks View Post
    I also think this is dumb. They gave them both negatives of lab and heroes, then gave them no way to speed up the upgrades. Kinda seems like most of the DE at th14 is going into Pets...not heroes. My queen is already finished.
    Congrats on the queen. I’ll have mine finished tomorrow!

  5. #5
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    641
    Yeah hoping for a pet potion in the near future to make this grind a bit quicker. Lab and builder potions were a later addition so hoping for the same with pets.

  6. #6

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot007 View Post
    Yeah hoping for a pet potion in the near future to make this grind a bit quicker. Lab and builder potions were a later addition so hoping for the same with pets.
    pets have small upgrade time at start so YES, a specific potion should come and quickly. , since I realized too the hard way that they're not boosted by builder or research potion, you can only finish them with LOTS of gems.

  7. #7
    Pro Member WorldDutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    559
    Since they get upgraded similar to how the lab works, Iíd say research potions should be added to work on pets...

  8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Kaptain Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    adieu farewell auf wiedersehen goodbye
    Posts
    12,710
    Quote Originally Posted by opap View Post
    pets have small upgrade time at start so YES, a specific potion should come and quickly. , since I realized too the hard way that they're not boosted by builder or research potion, you can only finish them with LOTS of gems.
    You can use a book or hammer of heroes on them so itís not like nothing works.

    Basically they're treated like heroes except they donít need a builder. So builder potions not working makes sense but I see it as a positive that it doesnít tie up a builder.

    Upgrading them also doesn't work like the lab so research potions don't work. And in line with this power potions donít work either. They do benefit from hero potions. Which is in line with they work like heroes.

    Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

    Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

  9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Kaptain Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    adieu farewell auf wiedersehen goodbye
    Posts
    12,710
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldDutch View Post
    Since they get upgraded similar to how the lab works, Iíd say research potions should be added to work on pets...
    It does work significantly different on several aspects though then lab troops.
    Unlike upgrading lab troops, upgrading pets will be unavailable for use.

    Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

    Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

  10. #10
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Bummtruck, Egypt
    Posts
    1,051
    When I clicked on it, it only offered to finish it for loot. This in spite of the fact I have Books of Everything in my inventory. Why would it be limited to book of heroes (I already used mine so I can't try that).

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    You can use a book or hammer of heroes on them so itís not like nothing works.

    Basically they're treated like heroes except they donít need a builder. So builder potions not working makes sense but I see it as a positive that it doesnít tie up a builder.

    Upgrading them also doesn't work like the lab so research potions don't work. And in line with this power potions donít work either. They do benefit from hero potions. Which is in line with they work like heroes.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •