Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Upgrading pets with potions?

Pro Member
    I could see a pet item to speed pet upgrades being released. At this point or maybe in a few months it will be a good upsell to new town hall 14s. I can say for sure there is a massive difference from my main account going to th14 that had been sitting accumulating magic items and medals for months to my second account that just went to th14 without those items and medals. I can see the need to slow down the former so they dont devour the town hall in one go. I can also see how good this item will be for the latter people who where lagging behind and not maxed out yet, once the balance has shifted a bit and there are more of the later, I can see this "PET TREATS" Item being released.
    Last edited by Wachichi; June 12th, 2021 at 02:26 AM.

Banned
    South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    I could use the potion for pets - dark isnít a problem for me, time is. My heroes are awfully behind as it is and now the pets added to the equation make it even worse.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #63
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexTheGreat323 View Post
    The Book/Hammer of Heroes is applicable for pets, ok. But the other way is the Research Boost. So, why it cannot boost with Research Potion?
    Yes, it is too much advantage 1d vs. eg. 8d. But Research Potion give only 10h advantage before an update. So, it is a good solution: 1d for Lab, 10h for Pets.
    Well technically they could make that work, but it kinda doesnít make sense since the books and hammer of choice for upgrading pets is the heroes version. Everything works as heroes upgrading except they chose a nice pet house instead of dedicating a builder to it.
    In the lab you also canít use books and hammers of heroes so it doesnít quite make sense that the research potion work on pets.

The question which remains would be how important is it for things to make sense. ? I canít answer that only SC can.
    That said, I would understand that in future they might choose to use research potion for pet house too if they donít want to add another magic item just for pets. For now adding a magic item for just 1 TH level is a bit unwanted.

Thank you TerMinus Prime

Hay Day | Level: 136 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Wachichi View Post
    I could see a pet item to speed pet upgrades being released. At this point or maybe in a few months it will be a good upsell to new town hall 14s. I can say for sure there is a massive difference from my main account going to th14 that had been sitting accumulating magic items and medals for months to my second account that just went to th14 without those items and medals. I can see the need to slow down the former so they dont devour the town hall in one go. I can also see how good this item will be for the latter people who where lagging behind and not maxed out yet, once the balance has shifted a bit and there are more of the later, I can see this "PET TREATS" Item being released.
    Exactly! Well I donít know if theyíd call them pet treats (I like that idea) or whatever. I am definitely not against them adding something to speed up pet upgrading at some point in the future and I certainly would not be surprised one bit if they did come up with something some time.
    For the record what I have been saying is that I donít see the need for them right now at this point in time. This is significantly different from if I were to say we donít need them ever.

Like you said thereís a massive difference between someone who has been sitting on a maxed base with a full load of medals and magic items and possibly even a lot of gems saved up. (I had quite a few of such players in my clan alone, myself included) and the newly baked TH14s who just progressed through and are still using magic items as they go along and don't have it all saved up. As you said this second group will eventually need ways to speed up.

I came from a maxed TH13 with lots of gems, full collection of magic items (yes absolutely everything packed but nothing over the limit) and full medals saved up. I had already bought every hammer too because towards the end I didnít have space for medals anymore and bought a set of hammers so I could get more medals.
    Now my heroes are done, Iím working on pets, working on defense but donít use hammers too much on defense. I still have quite a few magic items, 1500 ish medals after last CWL. My gem count decreased about 7k and I still have plenty left so Iím bound to buy a few more books from the trader when they come along when working on the later pet levels.

Im not the fastest farmer in the world. Sometimes the pet house or a few builders are idle. So I could easily have made much more progress by now. Which means what I did is nothing special or extreme.

Thank you TerMinus Prime

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #65
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    I could use the potion for pets - dark isnít a problem for me, time is. My heroes are awfully behind as it is and now the pets added to the equation make it even worse.
    Well thatís a tricky one as that was caused mostly because you rushed if your heroes are awfully behind as you say. So the issue here is the rushing and not necessarily an issue with the game.

Im not saying rushing is bad by definition (it can be a good thing) but youíll have to realize that the time and effort people put into maxing their townhalls more is time you also have to spend now at TH14,

Thank you TerMinus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Exactly! Well I don’t know if they’d call them pet treats (I like that idea) or whatever. I am definitely not against them adding something to speed up pet upgrading at some point in the future and I certainly would not be surprised one bit if they did come up with something some time.
    For the record what I have been saying is that I don’t see the need for them right now at this point in time. This is significantly different from if I were to say we don’t need them ever.

Like you said there’s a massive difference between someone who has been sitting on a maxed base with a full load of medals and magic items and possibly even a lot of gems saved up. (I had quite a few of such players in my clan alone, myself included) and the newly baked TH14s who just progressed through and are still using magic items as they go along and don't have it all saved up. As you said this second group will eventually need ways to speed up.

I came from a maxed TH13 with lots of gems, full collection of magic items (yes absolutely everything packed but nothing over the limit) and full medals saved up. I had already bought every hammer too because towards the end I didn’t have space for medals anymore and bought a set of hammers so I could get more medals.
    Now my heroes are done, I’m working on pets, working on defense but don’t use hammers too much on defense. I still have quite a few magic items, 1500 ish medals after last CWL. My gem count decreased about 7k and I still have plenty left so I’m bound to buy a few more books from the trader when they come along when working on the later pet levels.

Im not the fastest farmer in the world. Sometimes the pet house or a few builders are idle. So I could easily have made much more progress by now. Which means what I did is nothing special or extreme.
    Agreed, that is why I think a pet potion will come later when the players that are “behind” are upgrading pets. Those of us that went into th14 with max th13s and saved up medals don’t need them now.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.