Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Upgrading pets with potions?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    I going to say something crazy...
    First if I think neither potions should work on pets and if any wouldn’t work it needs a new potion.. but now for the crazy part.

Since there are ways to speed up pets upgrading (books and hammers) I think we don’t need ways to speed them up now.
    A lot of TH13s sat on a maxed TH with nothing to do quite some time. So it’s a positive we have a lot of stuff to do. Those maxed TH13s have a stack of magic stuff and already made a nice start into TH14. It wouldn’t take long and soon they will have no use for these hero books and hammers. So pets is a nice place to still use them. It keeps us busy for a while.

Maybe in the future a few THs later when there’s 40 levels of each pet or so is a nice time for a new potion..

Hey I said I’d say something crazy and it wouldn’t surprise me if they come up with something much sooner.
    I agree with this. I’ve mentioned a pet potion a couple times, but I’d rather still be grinding for de for my last few pet upgrades a year from now (if it takes that long, probably won’t) than sitting maxed for several months, though being maxed isn’t the worst thing in the world.

I going to say something crazy...
    First if I think neither potions should work on pets and if any wouldn’t work it needs a new potion.. but now for the crazy part.

Since there are ways to speed up pets upgrading (books and hammers) I think we don’t need ways to speed them up now.
    A lot of TH13s sat on a maxed TH with nothing to do quite some time. So it’s a positive we have a lot of stuff to do. Those maxed TH13s have a stack of magic stuff and already made a nice start into TH14. It wouldn’t take long and soon they will have no use for these hero books and hammers. So pets is a nice place to still use them. It keeps us busy for a while.

Maybe in the future a few THs later when there’s 40 levels of each pet or so is a nice time for a new potion..

Hey I said I’d say something crazy and it wouldn’t surprise me if they come up with something much sooner.

Nooooooooo000000000OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ooooo ooooo oooooo ooooooo

I suspect there will be a potion added in the future. Unfortunately for those of us that just upgraded to th14 now, that means we don't have it when it is most useful: when the upgrade times are too short to be worth using a book/hammer on them.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I suspect there will be a potion added in the future. Unfortunately for those of us that just upgraded to th14 now, that means we don't have it when it is most useful: when the upgrade times are too short to be worth using a book/hammer on them.
    By the time you get to the later levels... just when you’re getting used to having the pets and when they’re getting stronger is when they start to take a week or so just like heroes. Around that time is when they’re starting to take a week or so to upgrade. And when it slowly will be noticeable when they’re down and out of commission... when you wish you have a spare book somewhere on the shelf.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Book of Spells should work on buildings too right.

Adapt, appreciate, and own up to what you have.

Centennial Club
    I think pet portion is not needed for the game now.
    most of the player defenses are still at th13 level so missing 1 pet out of 4 still make offense very strong.

By the time you get to the later levels... just when you’re getting used to having the pets and when they’re getting stronger is when they start to take a week or so just like heroes. Around that time is when they’re starting to take a week or so to upgrade. And when it slowly will be noticeable when they’re down and out of commission... when you wish you have a spare book somewhere on the shelf.
    Right, but that is when they are worth using a book/hammer on, when they are a week long. These short ones right now are when it would be better to use a potion. I don't want to use up a full book/hammer for a 2 day upgrade. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I won't ever use the potion when it comes (if it comes) but short upgrades are when the potions are most valuable.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Right, but that is when they are worth using a book/hammer on, when they are a week long. These short ones right now are when it would be better to use a potion. I don't want to use up a full book/hammer for a 2 day upgrade. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I won't ever use the potion when it comes (if it comes) but short upgrades are when the potions are most valuable.
    I completely agree,book of hero or hammer shouldn't be used to complete 2-5 days upgrade time as they will not serve there best value in such cases.

Pro Member
    I don't see it as such. The amount of value you get out of your boost given you use it to its full potential is constant, so potions don't ever become "more valuable" or "less valuable."

Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    I don't see it as such. The amount of value you get out of your boost given you use it to its full potential is constant, so potions don't ever become "more valuable" or "less valuable."
    How about potions are more cost effective for short upgrades and books are for long ones? So I value potions more for early champion upgrades than a book. The absolute value does not change but situational does.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22