Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Upgrading pets with potions?

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #41
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Right, but that is when they are worth using a book/hammer on, when they are a week long. These short ones right now are when it would be better to use a potion. I don't want to use up a full book/hammer for a 2 day upgrade. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I won't ever use the potion when it comes (if it comes) but short upgrades are when the potions are most valuable.
    Yup, I do agree with you there. And of course I do see that a potion would be needed some day.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    I don't see it as such. The amount of value you get out of your boost given you use it to its full potential is constant, so potions don't ever become "more valuable" or "less valuable."
    That would make sense if there was no such thing as a book or a hammer, but those things do exist, so we have to consider them all together. For example, using CWL medals to buy builder potions is a good deal for shorter upgrades. It is not such a good deal for long upgrades where you can take out more days for less medals by buying a hammer. That's the short summary. Skip the rest of this post if not interested in details.

To take that example farther: let's say I want to upgrade my scatter shot, which is 19 days. I can buy a hammer of building for 120 medals to eliminate 19 days. 120 medals will buy me 4 builder potions. 4 builder potions will reduce 40 hours (easy math, yes I know it is 10 hours in 1 hour) x 6 builders is 240 hours or 10 days. So, 120 medals/hammer for 19 days or 120 medals/potions for 10 days.

That makes it sound like it is always better to buy a hammer and never a builder potion (especially if loot is considered). However, there are times where I have a short upgrade I really want done (including a short time left on a long upgrade) and even times where all my builders are working on upgrades of 10 days or less where it is a good deal to buy builder potions.

I haven't factored loot into it since loot usually isn't an issue for me, at least not compared to time, which is the most precious resource in clash.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    That would make sense if there was no such thing as a book or a hammer, but those things do exist, so we have to consider them all together. For example, using CWL medals to buy builder potions is a good deal for shorter upgrades. It is not such a good deal for long upgrades where you can take out more days for less medals by buying a hammer. That's the short summary. Skip the rest of this post if not interested in details.

To take that example farther: let's say I want to upgrade my scatter shot, which is 19 days. I can buy a hammer of building for 120 medals to eliminate 19 days. 120 medals will buy me 4 builder potions. 4 builder potions will reduce 40 hours (easy math, yes I know it is 10 hours in 1 hour) x 6 builders is 240 hours or 10 days. So, 120 medals/hammer for 19 days or 120 medals/potions for 10 days.

That makes it sound like it is always better to buy a hammer and never a builder potion (especially if loot is considered). However, there are times where I have a short upgrade I really want done (including a short time left on a long upgrade) and even times where all my builders are working on upgrades of 10 days or less where it is a good deal to buy builder potions.

I haven't factored loot into it since loot usually isn't an issue for me, at least not compared to time, which is the most precious resource in clash.
    I understand your point. I was trying to point out that the inherent value of the potions never fluctuates, so without books or hammers available (which is most of the time), it doesn't really matter if you use it on a short upgrade or a long one.

Centennial Club
    Pets might be on the back burner in terms of priority since they use quite a fair of DE. Heroes would be a far greater use than having a high level pet, by which time if heroes are already done, hero books and hammers will be available for use for pets.
    Gonna leave this here so I don't have to search every time someone says "help I can't get in touch with support"

Clash of Clans customer support: https://help.supercellsupport.com/cl...tact-form.html