Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Today's update won't start on Chromebook

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Sorry, while I'm sure your intentions are genuine, discussing how to play on unsupported platforms is not allowed.

To be clear - the Google Play Store is a standard app that comes with every single chromebook.
    Last edited by gamul1; April 12th, 2021 at 06:43 PM.
    I got nothing

ME: SoulCutter: #YVUUYGLC; TH13

i didnt understand one thing, so even SC dont even know that using chromebook to play clash is allowed or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Sorry, while I'm sure your intentions are genuine, discussing how to play on unsupported platforms is not allowed.
    Clash of Clans has been working on chromebook for many yeras now with the addition of the google play store and it's only now it's stopped working

"This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper" T S Eliot
    Quote Originally Posted by gamul1 View Post
    To be clear - the Google Play Store is a standard app that comes with every single chromebook.
    True, but that does not mean all Play Store apps are supported on all Android devices. Never has meant that. Many apps have explicit requirements, like OS version (at least V x.x), or memory, or storage, or anything else. The thing that matters is if it meets the vendors specification.

Centennial Club
    Thats really bad and dangerous! WOW!

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybdub View Post
    Thats really bad and dangerous! WOW!
    ???

Who makes Android? Who makes Chrome for chromebooks?

I'm pretty sure Google knows what they are doing here and its not dangerous.
    I got nothing

Lurking somewhere. Why can’t we smirk in here?
    Clash knows.

I don’t claim to speak for them, but as far as I understand it, Clash is specifically a mobile game, to be played on phones and tablets, etc. A chromebook, although not having to park on a desk and be plugged into the wall, is more of a laptop computer (so not what they had in mind for Clash gameplay).

Thanks TerM!

Got kinda worried snooks might be gf, but seems there's no gf in the set-up so she is absolutely confirmed.
    -Ninja

Can you play Clash on a Macbook ???
    Cobras Venom #2CYJGVG Level 11 Clan Recruiting mature active players, War, CWL Clan Games

Centennial Club
    ???

Who makes Android? Who makes Chrome for chromebooks?

I'm pretty sure Google knows what they are doing here and its not dangerous.
    I'm not replying to that! I'll get banned!

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MommySnooks View Post
    Clash knows.

I don’t claim to speak for them, but as far as I understand it, Clash is specifically a mobile game, to be played on phones and tablets, etc. A chromebook, although not having to park on a desk and be plugged into the wall, is more of a laptop computer (so not what they had in mind for Clash gameplay).
    Its a fair point. But Chromebooks without android was hardly a laptop. It was more of a web browsing device with Google docs connections. Thats it. It could do nothing a laptop could do. In fact, my android tablet could access both Google docs and office apps, so technically my android tablet could do more computing than a chromebook.

Then, Google merged android into chrome. Not only did this open up the full app store to chromebooks, it cause chromebooks to explode in popularity. Chromebooks are now the #1 device for home users than a laptop. In fact, several tablet manufacturers have since exited the market because they simply can not compete any more.

For folks like me and many others with vision problems - there just isn't another viable option other than a chromebook to handle both basic web computing and gaming. Super Cell can for sure block chromebooks from working. But they will just lose customers. I used to drop a few hundred bucks a year in the game with the game pass and a few other things. I imagine many others on chromebooks also drop money. Its Super Cells right to decide they no longer want revenue from viable sources. Its not like chromebook users can do much to hack the game. Its a pretty safe OS to play on.
    I got nothing