Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The simple solution for ties regarding clan wars

The simple solution for ties regarding clan wars

Have you ever participated in an elite, competitive or mixed wars, where clans aim to construct streaks. And after building a streak, sometimes luck doesn't play in your favor and you end up matching another streak clan, where both clans bring out the finest planning and strategies in order for them to avoid losing the streak. Unfortunately, in numerous cases both clans result in losing their streak to due Ties. But we, hardcore clashers, determine the winner based on the number of attack usage, although streaks are lost.
    I believe Ties should be applied only and if only both clans perfect the war using the exact number of attacks.
    I'm sure modifying the Ties will over all result in better competition. Players with streak clans will not need to panic when matching another streak clan because losing both streaks will less likely occur and competition will be at its peak.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by ALPHA2000 View Post
    Have you ever participated in an elite, competitive or mixed wars, where clans aim to construct streaks. And after building a streak, sometimes luck doesn't play in your favor and you end up matching another streak clan, where both clans bring out the finest planning and strategies in order for them to avoid losing the streak. Unfortunately, in numerous cases both clans result in losing their streak to due Ties. But we, hardcore clashers, determine the winner based on the number of attack usage, although streaks are lost.
    I believe Ties should be applied only and if only both clans perfect the war using the exact number of attacks.
    I'm sure modifying the Ties will over all result in better competition. Players with streak clans will not need to panic when matching another streak clan because losing both streaks will less likely occur and competition will be at its peak.
    Funny you should mention the word “luck”. Streaker clans dont believe in luck, they believe in configuring their roster such that they garner weak opponents, the antithesis of luck. I find it odd that streakers claim their playstyle is skill based and yet the minute they match an equal opponent or a hunter clan, they complain that it is unfair.

No fix required IMO, obviously your skill failed you and a tie is not a win therefore it breaks your winstreak.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesn’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Your defense failed as did theirs. Too bad. You both lose. Don't see a problem..
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    I really disagree with this idea.

If another tiebreaker must be found to a (in my opinion) non existing problem then it should be something else.
    This idea discourages certain people to attacks and participate in clan wars which goes against the whole idea of clan wars and that’s just not a good idea in my view.

Not to mention the problems these streaker clan cause in the first place. Quite frankly I’d rather wish they’d remove that’s statistic from the game. But luckily that’s not my call.

A tie is a tie. And ultimately if both clans tie on a perfect war then there is no winner. Because you also didn’t give it your absolute all to make your opponents fail and burn up all attacks to get those last few bases. So I agree with Tosti. This doesn’t need a “fix” a perfect war still doesn’t mean you beat the game.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Millennial Club
    Agree with all comments here... nothing to fix.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L75 | BK: 75 | GW 50 | RC: 25 | Max Trophies: 5500+

It's definitely unfair for my clan to perfect a 50 v 50 war with 60 attacks for instance, and the opponent perfects with 90 attacks. And what do you mean my skilled failed. The opponent used 30 more attacks than we did.
    Indeed "a tie is not a win" but using less attacks means you're the expert and in this case it should be a sure win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    I really disagree with this idea.

If another tiebreaker must be found to a (in my opinion) non existing problem then it should be something else.
    This idea discourages certain people to attacks and participate in clan wars which goes against the whole idea of clan wars and that’s just not a good idea in my view.

Not to mention the problems these streaker clan cause in the first place. Quite frankly I’d rather wish they’d remove that’s statistic from the game. But luckily that’s not my call.

A tie is a tie. And ultimately if both clans tie on a perfect war then there is no winner. Because you also didn’t give it your absolute all to make your opponents fail and burn up all attacks to get those last few bases. So I agree with Tosti. This doesn’t need a “fix” a perfect war still doesn’t mean you beat the game.

I agree with the tie breaker. It is indeed an in need feature. But the way it's executed it wrong. A tie should be a tie in case both clans share the same results; stars, destruction percent and most importantly remaining attacks. what's the point of having it only based on stars. You can match a spam clan that perfects the war with 15 attacks remaining, and the skilled clan perfects with 35 attacks remaining.
    Plus in the upcoming update, at least what we've seen from sneak peaks, offense has heavily been raised while not having a significant raise in defense. And this will surely lead to more clans easily perfecting wars. At this point the game is becoming a child's play. No skill, No planning just spam and triple.
    Last edited by ALPHA2000; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:18 AM.

Millennial Club
    It's definitely unfair for my clan to perfect a 50 v 50 war with 60 attacks for instance, and the opponent perfects with 90 attacks. And what do you mean my skilled failed. The opponent used 30 more attacks than we did.
    Indeed "a tie is not a win" but using less attacks means you're the expert and in this case it should be a sure win.
    How many of your opponent's attacks were scout attacks?

How many attacks were just for loot?

You tied. Deal with it. There's no need for a tie-breaker based on # of attacks used.

In war, when neither side wins, it is called a stalemate; and that's what happens when both clans get a perfect war: a stalemate.

No need for a fix, when nothing is broken.
    Last edited by joemann8478; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:21 AM.

Millennial Club
    Why is this unfair... how is if fair to discourage some players from participating in the war for fear of using an attack too many.
    its Clan v Clan... the whole clan gets to participate... any rule discouraging any player from not attacking if they can’t 3 star is BAD for the game. Otherwise your weaker players are just fillers who are not allowed to attack..
    The war is about the war, about your whole clan trying to win... with your rule in place, once a clan perfect wars, no one else can attack in fear the other clan will perfect also with less attacks. No thx.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L75 | BK: 75 | GW 50 | RC: 25 | Max Trophies: 5500+

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Funny you should mention the word “luck”. Streaker clans dont believe in luck, they believe in configuring their roster such that they garner weak opponents, the antithesis of luck. I find it odd that streakers claim their playstyle is skill based and yet the minute they match an equal opponent or a hunter clan, they complain that it is unfair.

No fix required IMO, obviously your skill failed you and a tie is not a win therefore it breaks your winstreak.
    "Weak opponents" yeah? what about the elite wars. I see you didn't mention anything about it. And this whole idea was meant for competitive wars. I just added mixed clans for seasoning and to give some concern for them.