Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Full Patch Notes

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    This IS something that was requested in the QoL thread - to NOT show the email addresses, for security reasons... I haven't seen anything about it besides that request, but just thought I'd mention it
    The really stupid part about this change imo is that they've put the base ID number in big letters/numbers and the base name in subscript below it. I don't get the security issue, but whatever that's irrelevant to me. If you are planning to make a change like there are much better ways to do it and a heads up should have been given.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    Did I miss where they mentioned that they'd be changing the SC ID layout to not include the corresponding email to the account anymore? Now it just shows the account number with the base name under it. This is disturbing as someone with many accounts who has learned to identify the accounts by the email over the years instead of base name.
    This was changed in a prior update, but I have noticed it falters on occasion and still shows the email addresses even if only briefly before reverting to the village name.

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    This was changed in a prior update, but I have noticed it falters on occasion and still shows the email addresses even if only briefly before reverting to the village name.
    As someone who has many multiple accounts that I cycle through daily, I have never seen this before today, so I disagree with your assessment.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

The really stupid part about this change imo is that they've put the base ID number in big letters/numbers and the base name in subscript below it. I don't get the security issue, but whatever that's irrelevant to me. If you are planning to make a change like there are much better ways to do it and a heads up should have been given.
    the security issue is, if you are streaming , people can see your email address...albeit it was for a tiny amount of time but you could freeze the shot if you wanted
    Last edited by helloworld2; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:24 PM.

As someone who has many multiple accounts that I cycle through daily, I have never seen this before today, so I disagree with your assessment.
    and I have seen it. It served as a useful reminder what the email address of one of the accounts on my device was

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #246
    I'm not seeing this at all. Both my devices are still showing the name I have given the bases, they aren't showing an ID at all.

They d8d previously sometimes flash up the email address first, and I haven't seen that yet, but as said above, that was a security issue, particularly fir youtubers.

I saw it before today as well, several times.
    TH11. Clan: Omegas

Quote Originally Posted by Vonner View Post
    I saw it before today as well, several times.
    I can briefly see the email accounts on mine as well.

I see it happen all the time switching between my 3 accounts, just for a split second.

Love the update Darian, Eno and the entire Supercell team! Appreciate your hard work. Love this game.
    Last edited by ChiefAllin; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:23 AM.