Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 335

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Full Patch Notes

  1. #281
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    320
    that's very creative! I may actually try that. I didn't know until earlier today that SCID name can actually be changed. I thought that is just my base name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Then put name and email address in the name field. Something like Basename, emailaddress with no .com.

  2. #282
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    320
    just realized that the SCID name field replaces the player ID, not the base name. I assume that name is what other players will see which means I don't want to put my email address there...... so it doesn't work i guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by dbl4210 View Post
    that's very creative! I may actually try that. I didn't know until earlier today that SCID name can actually be changed. I thought that is just my base name.

  3. #283
    Forum Veteran SumoSloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I'm not seeing this at all. Both my devices are still showing the name I have given the bases, they aren't showing an ID at all.

    They d8d previously sometimes flash up the email address first, and I haven't seen that yet, but as said above, that was a security issue, particularly fir youtubers.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    For my accounts, on my first two, I see my account name in big bold on the top, then also smaller not in bold next to the icon photo and then below that the town hall and trophies info. Then on account #3 and the rest instead of my account name big and bold on the top, I see some SC #. Does anyone know why it wouldn't be consistent and also why players would prefer to see an account number rather than their player name?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    I have one account that displays its player tag rather than the name. This is the one SCID I have that doesn't have a name. Before the update, it showed the email address.
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    My assessment is based on my experience with it. It’s entirely possible Supercell ID 2.0 never rolled out in your region until recently, because that’s when it changed from email address to village name for me, but sometimes, it still flashes the email address as if there is a connection hiccup.

    Don't you remember back when people were bellyaching they were “forced” to select a SCID profile picture? It was around that time the change happened in MY region.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    If you want the email address, then just set the name of the account in SCID to your email address.

    It was asked to hide it for privacy reasons. Whenever somebody posted a Youtube video showing them switching accounts, there would be a couple of frames showing their email address. So people with a named account wanted ONLY the name to show, not for it to first fash up the email address.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It always was the case, since they introduced the ability to nae each SCID entry, that the name took the place of the email address. It was just that up until this update, the email address was flashed up very briefly first.
    This is why I initially asked if I had missed something. Up until this update my accounts on SC ID showed the email associated with the base and the base name underneath, 100% of the time. I never knew you could change the display of the email before because I’d never had any reason to know that. With this update that was changed to display the account number associated with the account instead of the email. That was a pretty drastic change without warning for someone like me who has many accounts and identified them primarily by email address and on the surface seems like a pretty dumb change.

    I now realize that the visual of the account number can be changed to something else. That obviously makes this much less of an issue and I appreciate those who responded to help me identify the problem. I fully get the privacy issue streamers could have with displaying the email, as I said this is irrelevant to me, but I can understand why the change was made. A little heads up was all I would be looking for so there wouldn’t have needed to have me and others asking about this.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

  4. #284
    Senior Member Gorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia area
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by Drin96 View Post
    I personally care for XP. Yeah, it's meaningless but I still do. I'm just barely level 279, but when I see the top XP level rank list here, I've more donations than at least 5 of the players who are already level 500 in that list.
    I clicked your link and was amazed. Not at all the 500 level peeps, but at 1. A TH9. No Name, no shame But I like the car. That said, 2B gold & Pink achievement? 27K Mortar Mauler? 5.2M Friend in need?? Gotta think someone at SC needs to look at this account, something smells rotten

  5. #285
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    320
    yes, there are many things we had no idea before. does this mean the email address that was displaying before was actually my SCID name? which means everyone was able to see my email before?
    and an suggestion would be to add email address on the third line... I assume that's only visible to myself?

    Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    This is why I initially asked if I had missed something. Up until this update my accounts on SC ID showed the email associated with the base and the base name underneath, 100% of the time. I never knew you could change the display of the email before because I’d never had any reason to know that. With this update that was changed to display the account number associated with the account instead of the email. That was a pretty drastic change without warning for someone like me who has many accounts and identified them primarily by email address and on the surface seems like a pretty dumb change.

    I now realize that the visual of the account number can be changed to something else. That obviously makes this much less of an issue and I appreciate those who responded to help me identify the problem. I fully get the privacy issue streamers could have with displaying the email, as I said this is irrelevant to me, but I can understand why the change was made. A little heads up was all I would be looking for so there wouldn’t have needed to have me and others asking about this.

  6. #286
    Forum Superstar toofinedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    I am toofinedog wherever I am.
    Posts
    3,310
    Quote Originally Posted by dbl4210 View Post
    yes, there are many things we had no idea before. does this mean the email address that was displaying before was actually my SCID name? which means everyone was able to see my email before?
    and an suggestion would be to add email address on the third line... I assume that's only visible to myself?
    Your SC ID name would have been your village name by default, and in-game friends can only see your SC ID name if you added them separately from the SC ID menu, so you should be safe.

    If you went to the menu I showed you earlier, you were in your own settings, so all that information should be private unless you chose to display it elsewhere, like changing your SC ID profile name to your email address.

    In the settings, there is no option to share your email address. You can toggle your online status and if you can receive friend requests.

    Note all of these things apply to your SC ID profile, not your in-game profile.

    If you look at the profile of a SC ID friend, you will see their avatar/photo, their SC ID profile name, their SC profile tag, and the name of their village/archipelago/farm/etc., their level, and other pertinent details for that SC game for each game they have connected to their SC ID.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    For my accounts, on my first two, I see my account name in big bold on the top, then also smaller not in bold next to the icon photo and then below that the town hall and trophies info. Then on account #3 and the rest instead of my account name big and bold on the top, I see some SC #. Does anyone know why it wouldn't be consistent and also why players would prefer to see an account number rather than their player name?
    What you’re seeing is one of your SC ID-linked accounts that you did not complete the SC ID profile setup on. I have a couple minis that show the SC profile tag instead of a SC ID profile name, because I never entered the SC ID settings menu on those two. The ones I have set up have a profile picture, a profile name which I left as default (my village name) but can change every six months (doesn’t affect your IGN), and the usual other info level, TH, trophies).

    Players who prefer to use a name instead of a random number can set up their SC ID profile.
    Last edited by toofinedog; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:07 AM.

  7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Staveler View Post
    The next big upgrade (TH 15) will be announced in 2 years, not earlier. So, we need a lot of patience... ��


    Kind Regards - Stanley
    Why do you believe either that the nextbig update will be TH15, or that it will be 2 years before we get it? Neither are likely.

    There have been other big things between mos TH upgrades. And SC have stated they aim to release new TH roughly every 18 months. This time was 16 months.

  8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorf View Post
    I clicked your link and was amazed. Not at all the 500 level peeps, but at 1. A TH9. No Name, no shame But I like the car. That said, 2B gold & Pink achievement? 27K Mortar Mauler? 5.2M Friend in need?? Gotta think someone at SC needs to look at this account, something smells rotten
    Why?

    If somebody has a permamaxed TH9 all of those are quite easy. The friend inneed wilk behardest for a TH9, but even there, if it is in a one man clan with other bases the same or lower, it can be done.

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    For my accounts, on my first two, I see my account name in big bold on the top, then also smaller not in bold next to the icon photo and then below that the town hall and trophies info. Then on account #3 and the rest instead of my account name big and bold on the top, I see some SC #. Does anyone know why it wouldn't be consistent and also why players would prefer to see an account number rather than their player name?
    Ok, figured this one out. All of my accounts are connected by SCID. However, I didn't take the extra step of assigning a profile photo (the photo of the barb, hog rider, etc.) on all of them. On those that I didn't do that, I was getting the SC account number rather than my player name displayed. Now that I went through and picked the barb as my profile photo, they all look good with my player name displayed on top in bold.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  10. #290
    Millennial Club Rizzob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Over there ---->
    Posts
    1,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Why?

    If somebody has a permamaxed TH9 all of those are quite easy. The friend inneed wilk behardest for a TH9, but even there, if it is in a one man clan with other bases the same or lower, it can be done.
    In addition, couldn't you rack up XP by destroying the same goblin village over and over again? I think I remember seeing there was a fix to that in this release, but I'm not 100% certain.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •