Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why Supercell, just why?

Why Supercell, just why?

Yes it is I, the "offense is extremely OP" guy in the forums.

I'm back again to complain once more about the continued decisions made by Supercell devs to undermine defense in this game.

TH14 is coming our way. I'll admit I was foolishly optimistic about this update providing us with some new and exciting defensive options.

We get defensive builder huts? YAY! They hit like pea shooters and the only cool thing about them is that they repair defensive structures (although the repair function isn't going to amount to jack squat against a fully maxed spam attack).

A poison effect for the TH? WHOOPIE! Any smart attacker knows to save their eternal tome for the TH.

Defensive upgrades? WAHOO! These are to be expected for a new TH anyway given the added upgrades to heroes, troops, etc.

And that's everything. But what do we get for offense? PETS! Yep these pets are going to buff already broken heroes with added support and (predictable) abilities. Chain lightning, wall breaking, wall jumping and healing? How completely original!

Oh and btw, these pets aren't available on defense 😑.

Why?... Just Why?

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Because the game thrives on offence.

If offence weren't stronger than defence, the game would die, and SC know that.
    Last edited by Ajax; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:21 PM.

In case you didn't knew yet, the thing you do actively is attacking, not defending.
    Meaning attack has to be the focus as that is the part of the game the average player enjoys the most, I believe.
    If defence is too strong people will have less fun attacking and potentially stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Because the gametgrives on offence.

If offence weren't stronger than defence, the game would die, and SC know that.
    Exactly, and I don't see why people think there's something wrong with that

Wow, now I think I’ve heard everything!

3 star everything, then talk.

Quote Originally Posted by TheClanimals View Post
    3 star everything, then talk.
    Precisely, even on the "highest level" being C1 CWL or the World Championship the 3* rate is usually far from 100%, and those are "top players". Far better than the average player at least, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jah14ya View Post
    A poison effect for the TH? WHOOPIE! Any smart attacker knows to save their eternal tome for the TH.
    Never knew a smart attacker knew how to make a 8.5 second ability last longer than 8.5 seconds to survive poison. Guess I'm not a smart attacker and you should teach me how to extend the warden ability without cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jah14ya View Post
    Yes it is I, the "offense is extremely OP" guy in the forums.

I'm back again to complain once more about the continued decisions made by Supercell devs to undermine defense in this game.

TH14 is coming our way. I'll admit I was foolishly optimistic about this update providing us with some new and exciting defensive options.

We get defensive builder huts? YAY! They hit like pea shooters and the only cool thing about them is that they repair defensive structures (although the repair function isn't going to amount to jack squat against a fully maxed spam attack).

Defensive upgrades? WAHOO! These are to be expected for a new TH anyway given the added upgrades to heroes, troops, etc.

And that's everything. But what do we get for offense? PETS! Yep these pets are going to buff already broken heroes with added support and (predictable) abilities. Chain lightning, wall breaking, wall jumping and healing? How completely original!

Oh and btw, these pets aren't available on defense 😑.

Why?... Just Why?
    Defence should be buffed IMO from th10 to th2 but the problem is that if defence were to be too OP, imagine all the defences placed in the worst possible way and failing to 3 star even though the attack was perfectly executed. A perfectly designed base would be too OP and the game would not be of any fun because there is nothing in your control to 3 star. TBH though, I agree offence is too OP. For example at th8, I would like if supercell made air defences stronger so that 1 dragon and one air defence of the proportional level would draw (take each other out) since if 1 dragon can destroy 1 air defence with more than 1/4 health remaining, then the dragons will just go on to clear the rest too easily. This is one example but it applies to pretty much any town hall level that is not the maxed.

This update looks sweet, I'm excited for it, don't bash it until you try it.