Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why Supercell, just why?

Crab Claw
    I have to agree with the op.

I think pets are great and add a new layer of strategy, which is good.
    However, I don't see how the new th14 defense can keep up with the improved offense. I was hoping for a more impactful signature defense and maybe a new powerful trap.

If getting 3 stars becomes the new standard, does it really mean anything?
    A 3 star has certainly lost its value over the past years. It once was the reward for a perfect attack and you got cheered on by your Clan for getting one.
    Nowadays you only get a "GG" at best because you just did what is expected from you. And looking at the update notes, the value of a 3 star will get even less at th14.

I could rant forever, but I'll stop it there. I'm just disappointed SC is going that route. Seems like players who want to be challenged by a video game are a dying species.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz98 View Post

However, I don't see how the new th14 defense can keep up with the improved offense. I was hoping for a more impactful signature defense and maybe a new powerful trap.

A 3 star has certainly lost its value over the past years. It once was the reward for a perfect attack and you got cheered on by your Clan for getting one.
    Nowadays you only get a "GG" at best because you just did what is expected from you. And looking at the update notes, the value of a 3 star will get even less at th14.

I could rant forever, but I'll stop it there. I'm just disappointed SC is going that route. Seems like players who want to be challenged by a video game are a dying species.
    I would really like to see your battle log. Are you really consistently getting three stars as is "expected from you" against strong th13 opponents? Do you really have the in-depth game knowledge to be drawing drastic conclusions about the balance of offense and defense in an update that hasn't even been released yet? If you do, I would applaud you, since you are really in the very top percentile.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonfod View Post
    Whilst I may not agree to the reason I am in agreement, why pets ? It seems almost all developers think in game heroes need pets or players want pets. I was a long time World of Warcraft player and can say pets where a complete waste of time. Indeed it was just a distraction to take your mind of the grind. I have never thought about stop playing CoC until I read the word “pets”. I hope everyone ends up feeling the same and pets go the same way as the builder base and simply forgotten about.
    I haven’t played WoW, but it sounds like based on what you’re saying is they developed pets as a deliberate effort to sidetrack you from your main goal, but then I looked it up and saw there are some pets meant to be partially controlled in combat and other pets meant to serve no functional, non-aesthetic purpose. Since CoC isn’t WoW, you should read Darian’s follow up post in the pet sneak peek sticky to see they are meant in this game as a means to give your heroes interchangeable abilities. (Link: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12787583)

“Pet” is a common, easily translatable word and is more than likely why it’s used. I like the idea of calling them “familiars”, but you could also call them “companions”.

If I told you I have a familiar, you might think I’m a witch. If I told you I have a companion, you might think I’m dating someone. If I told you I have a pet, you instantly know I’m referring to an animal.

In some U.S. states, you’re allowed to keep tigers and alligators as pets. The word “pet” doesn’t make them less dangerous.

Seems like clanmates that are cheering you on, even tho you are 'expected' to score 3 stars are a dying species as well in your clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Theburninator3 View Post
    Even the absolute best clans in the world very rarely get 15 stars in their 5v5s, and even 14 stars is a very, very good score. The 3* rate for champs 1 is probably closer to 60%, hardly meaning you are "expected" to get 3 stars all the time. Unless you're actually like Gaku or Synthe's alt account I highly, highly doubt you are that consistent at 3 starring true anti-3 bases that the game isn't a challenge. And even those guys struggle without spotters.

In terms of how offense will compare to defense, I would estimate it is comparable. In terms of offense boost we basically get 5 more hero levels, pets, 20 army space, and one more spell slot (and slightly stronger healers if you are using them). On defense all the towers got a level, builder huts are around, multi infernos hit 6 targets, and 25 more wall pieces. It's not clear to me that offense got buffed that much more when basically the game will be about getting maximum value from heroes as regular troops are much the same.
    The Champs1 3 star rate has been in the low 40% range the last several months.

I expect offense to start off stronger, like usual, due to the 5 day boost plus many will focus their magic items, gems and real money on offense. Defense will then make a bit of a come-back, since it takes longer to max out defense than one army combo. Whether it will settle in as offense being stronger or weaker than what it was at th13, I have no idea. It wouldn't surprise me at all if someone finds something that is too strong and SC has to nerf it. They do player testing, but you just can't replicate millions of attacks.
    Last edited by 2222; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:07 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #36

Which World Championship finals clan were you in?

Because even there, I think only 1 clan had >50% triples.

100 percent agree OP.

I’m actually worried about the opposite. There are large defensive upgrades in this update and only some troops got an upgrade. Dragons / electro dragons aren’t getting an upgrade as far as I know so I guess I’ll have to change my attack strategy away from them

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyboo1 View Post
    I’m actually worried about the opposite. There are large defensive upgrades in this update and only some troops got an upgrade. Dragons / electro dragons aren’t getting an upgrade as far as I know so I guess I’ll have to change my attack strategy away from them
    You get 4 Hero Pets with total additional HP of 13,550 and 4 different abilities that adds to your offense. When was the last time your Heroes gets additional HP of 13K? To put into perspective, Max PEKKA have a HP of 6,700, so 13K HP is like getting 2 PEKKA worth of HP in your attack (or 50 housing space). When was the last time your offense increase by 50 housing space?

That's a huge boost offensively. It's pretty normal for anyone to think that this push the TH14 game balance towards offense more so than the defense. We never know until we play the game, but the stats say offense is boosted more than the defense.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:39 AM.