Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change perspective on base

Fresh Spawn

Change perspective on base

Give the player the ability to rotate all buildings and change the perspective of the base view. This will also give the attacking player the ability to rotate the enemy base to look at it from different points of view.

I think it takes away from a strategic element though, that you can set your base facing a direction to make it harder for the attacker.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmille3 View Post
    I think it takes away from a strategic element though, that you can set your base facing a direction to make it harder for the attacker.
    I dont think so because the attacker would have the ability to change the perspective on his/her attack. I think it increases strategy.

Banned
    This has been requested multiple times but I agree. I think this should be added but is difficult to program.

Tollboothwillie
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    This has been requested multiple times but I agree. I think this should be added but is difficult to program.
    They already have move all up, down, left, right. Why would rotate 90 be difficult?

Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    They already have move all up, down, left, right. Why would rotate 90 be difficult?
    Darian has made a comment in the past about it not being as straight forward as it sounds because of how the buildings actually sit on the map. Ive tried to find it but couldn't. Not quite sure where he discussed it.

It would be very easy to program if you wouldn't care if all four sides of the buildings look identical. As that's pretty lame I doubt they'll do so.

Tollboothwillie
    Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    Darian has made a comment in the past about it not being as straight forward as it sounds because of how the buildings actually sit on the map. Ive tried to find it but couldn't. Not quite sure where he discussed it.
    It's not about rotating the buildings view or making 3d buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    It's not about rotating the buildings view or making 3d buildings.
    If you want to change the angle you view the base at, you have to rotate. If you can't rotate in editor, why would it work while attacking?

Tollboothwillie
    Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    If you want to change the angle you view the base at, you have to rotate. If you can't rotate in editor, why would it work while attacking?
    I never said anything about rotating while attacking. I don't think a player should be able to rotate an enemies base but I think you should be able to rotate your own base editing.
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; April 10th, 2021 at 05:57 PM.