Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #4 - Mighty Companions for the Mightiest Heroes

maybe they should make the pets immune to spells to make it more balanced....
    anyway, the pets are not so OP so even with one pet down, it is like missing a 20 housing space troop.

The maxed unicorn is definately worth 20 housing space. The maxed yak, owl, dog is like 15 housing space if compare it with troops.

Still the pets is like adding 60 housing space worth of troops.... we knew what happen when they added 20 housing space last time
    Last edited by Alextzh; April 11th, 2021 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    What would you use? They aren't in the lab and don't require a builder.
    well that's the question and the logic. in that case a new item should be added, right? if your lab and construction can speed up, why not the pet?
    Last edited by clashmaniak4ever; April 11th, 2021 at 12:16 AM.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #303
    Quote Originally Posted by clashmaniak4ever View Post
    well that's the question and the logic. in that case a new item should be added, right? if your lab and construction can speed up, why not the pet?
    You can use book of heroes, hammer of heroes or gems. But not potions

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

I assume the gnd pets agro healers too which might make aq walk a bit tricky?

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    A while back, before we announced Hero Pets, I said I'd give some insight into why we were implementing a specific feature. The feature I was referring to is the Hero Pets feature we announced today.

Many may look at this from a very superficial level and think something like "oh great, they're adding Pokemon" or thinking it's less "serious". For starters, it's Clash of Clans. Nothing in this game is serious. So much of it pokes fun at itself and that's part of the charm, but that's besides the points.

The idea behind Hero Pets actually is an evolution from the popular community suggestion of giving Heroes alternate abilities or alternate ability trees to upgrade.

Originally, we had thought long and hard about wanting to give Heroes new abilities they could use in battle. What we found was a big drawback to this, internally. Because of player mentality of trying to find the most efficient combination possible to maximize their chances of 3 starring an attack, we found that creating a set of alternate abilities to upgrade didn't actually have the excitement factor many thought it might have. It became more of a "set and forget" kind of feature where you'd find the ability you liked and then wouldn't really experiment much with the others. Part of this is because it's quite common for players to want to find that combo that best suits their play style and not want to deviate from it all that much.

Plus, if each Hero had an alternate set of abilities to level, creating distinctly new and unique ones for each Hero starts to feel like a design dead end since it's only applicable to that specific Hero. For example, let's say a hypothetical alternate ability for the Archer Queen would be a chain lightning shot. Because that only belongs to the Archer Queen's new abilities, tactically it feels less flexible than if you could grant that ability to the Royal Champion or Barb King, etc.

So we went back to the drawing board. What Hero Pets do is still give Heroes a "new" set of auxiliary abilities that lets you customize your Heroes by assigning a different Pet to each Hero. Since there is a visual aspect to this, when you see a different Pet with your Hero that it's assigned to, there is a much more visually and psychologically rewarding result. Even though you're not customizing the Heroes actual ability, you're still customizing what abilities your Heroes can bring into battle by assigning a different Pet.

In the end, we felt this was a much more rewarding way of doing it. That way you could give that aforementioned chain lightning attack to any of your Heroes. You have much more flexibility in how you assign those new powers to those characters. And we plan on adding more.

Look at it this way. Instead of creating a new set of alternate abilities for your Heroes, what Hero Pets do is create a new catalog of abilities that all of your Heroes can choose from.
    the pet concept is Great. I think most people are just annoyed that SC released all 4 at once. SC could have released just two pets and achieved the same level of complexity and depth without overwhelming people who like to maxed ASAP
    Last edited by Ajax; April 11th, 2021 at 08:44 AM.

Pro Member
    I really love the pet shop concept, I just wished LASSI wasn't a pekka look alike,lol. Anyways, we finally have unicorns in the game, like seriously,lol.

Sound like the pet house will be high on the upgrade list, minutes after TH14 hits. Been so long since TH13, I don't remember if Hammers can upgrade when the upgrade cost more than the storages can handle. Anyone know the answer to that? thx
    I was a boy by birth
    A man by age
    A gentleman by choice

Quote Originally Posted by Corgzilla View Post
    Sound like the pet house will be high on the upgrade list, minutes after TH14 hits. Been so long since TH13, I don't remember if Hammers can upgrade when the upgrade cost more than the storages can handle. Anyone know the answer to that? thx
    I think so you will be able to use the hammer without upgrading your storages since they don't require resources.

Very happy with this. Just got back into the game recently and maxed out my TH13, so I can hardly wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Corgzilla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ESCANOR0803 View Post
    I think so you will be able to use the hammer without upgrading your storages since they don't require resources.
    Confirmed. I used hammers to get a couple O.T.T.O prerequisites done without having adequate resource storage space.