Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 370

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #4 - Mighty Companions for the Mightiest Heroes

  1. #271
    Senior Member Erik5839's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    It gets said every new TH update.
    Well I guess I'm not innocent myself, I complained about the Siege Barracks not being good when we got it's sneak peek, and got proved wrong

    I have learned that SC thinks and test things well out before releasing them, so I don't worry about updates etc as I know they will be good, and that if there is an issue it will be fixed sooner or later, depending on it's criticality.

    Hope you're doing good Darian, and looking forward to got to battle with my pets at my side!
    Last edited by Erik5839; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:50 PM.

  2. #272
    Forum Legend Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9,614
    Quote Originally Posted by jaronhudson15 View Post
    I'm going to be honest.

    This is silly. Granted, the game has always been silly, but it's almost like SC is trying to pander to both kids and complex attacks for pros at the same time and it doesn't make sense. Using terminology like "pets" and "pet house". They even made cheesy, cringy, weird and uncomfortable sound effects for all four of them, and I seriously can't help but cringe.

    However, the utility and significance will be enough to separate offensive power. You probably won't be able to triple a TH14 base without the pets, which is entirely the point. The whole offensive balance will probably depend entirely on how you utilize your pets for certain bases. That's the special thing about the offense for this TH level.

    It's different, it's a neat concept, but it's silly and weird. Pity. There's a strange lack of troop levels across the board, but both Itsu and CarbonFin proved that that doesn't matter due to the suttle strengths and abilities of the hero pets. Defense will probably suck for a while, but we'll see.

    The Archer is the coolest looking troop in the whole game right now by the way.
    Just because itzu and carbon can 3 star has very little to do with whether many of us can 3 star. I see very little offensive upgrade in this update and a lot of defense. 4 pets that take quite some time to even unlock and require 36 total upgrades to max are going to have very little impact in the near and even intermediate term. Even as a gold pass buyer and medal hoarder, I can only hold so much. Book for town hall, book lab. Hammer cc. Hammer 2 for pet shop. Wait a week. Hammer level 2 pet shop. Actually, for that to work would Hammer lab as cant Hammer a new build. But the point is minimum 3 weeks, maybe more for me just to unlock them much less max. At the expense of using a goodly amount of my stored medals. Even being in masters 3, they take a while to accumulate. As far as the silly argument, no opinion. Can't please everyone. Their visuals seem to fit with the game and their sounds will be muted like all the rest for me.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  3. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Since you cant upgrade more than one at a time this is no different than upgrading your queen, you still have the other three heroes up. You wont be petless for 200 days.
    But I never upgrade just my queen. I always upgrade all my heroes at the same time for 1-2 levels each month. This way, I can max them at a reasonable time, and I also get to enjoy having my heroes free at times like the CWL. With the pet house, you have to choose between being at a disadvantage, and taking ages to max your pets. Also, keep in mind that in 200 days more pet levels will probably be released which is fine because maxed players need something to farm, but this means you'll always have 1 missing pet.

    As a free to play player, I'm fine with long upgrade times, but why tie up the upgraded pets unless you're forcing people to gem them. Pets are pretty much the only offensive boost at TH14 so just let the pet house work similar to the laboratory and let us enjoy using them.
    Last edited by PraisedOne; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:56 PM.

  4. #274
    I think the pets are great, but the amount of DE needed to upgrade them are way to high! thats very sad
    Last edited by Darksidewolf1996; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:59 PM.

  5. #275
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    77
    If a Hero Pet gets injured during battle, does it take time to heal?

  6. #276
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    861
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    A while back, before we announced Hero Pets, I said I'd give some insight into why we were implementing a specific feature. The feature I was referring to is the Hero Pets feature we announced today.
    You will be dressing as a pet in this update's developer video?
    Last edited by ESCANOR0803; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:46 PM.

  7. #277
    Millennial Club mydanes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Of course on my Ipad Clashing!
    Posts
    1,229
    I disagree - once heroes are max de is just perpetually lost - This is just wonderful - I am so excited

    Quote Originally Posted by Darksidewolf1996 View Post
    I think the pets are great, but the amount of DE needed to upgrade them are way to high! thats very sad

    Lethal Relic - Leader of Lethal Demise #9QJJU9J8
    Level 23!!!

    Click Here to join the Lethal Family of Clans

  8. #278
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexTheGreat323 View Post
    Amazing idea! 4 new "heroes" without new troop slot (unmanageable) - and we can spend the needless DE already!
    That sounds sarcastic....

  9. #279
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    A while back, before we announced Hero Pets, I said I'd give some insight into why we were implementing a specific feature. The feature I was referring to is the Hero Pets feature we announced today.

    Many may look at this from a very superficial level and think something like "oh great, they're adding Pokemon" or thinking it's less "serious". For starters, it's Clash of Clans. Nothing in this game is serious. So much of it pokes fun at itself and that's part of the charm, but that's besides the points.

    The idea behind Hero Pets actually is an evolution from the popular community suggestion of giving Heroes alternate abilities or alternate ability trees to upgrade.

    Originally, we had thought long and hard about wanting to give Heroes new abilities they could use in battle. What we found was a big drawback to this, internally. Because of player mentality of trying to find the most efficient combination possible to maximize their chances of 3 starring an attack, we found that creating a set of alternate abilities to upgrade didn't actually have the excitement factor many thought it might have. It became more of a "set and forget" kind of feature where you'd find the ability you liked and then wouldn't really experiment much with the others. Part of this is because it's quite common for players to want to find that combo that best suits their play style and not want to deviate from it all that much.

    Plus, if each Hero had an alternate set of abilities to level, creating distinctly new and unique ones for each Hero starts to feel like a design dead end since it's only applicable to that specific Hero. For example, let's say a hypothetical alternate ability for the Archer Queen would be a chain lightning shot. Because that only belongs to the Archer Queen's new abilities, tactically it feels less flexible than if you could grant that ability to the Royal Champion or Barb King, etc.

    So we went back to the drawing board. What Hero Pets do is still give Heroes a "new" set of auxiliary abilities that lets you customize your Heroes by assigning a different Pet to each Hero. Since there is a visual aspect to this, when you see a different Pet with your Hero that it's assigned to, there is a much more visually and psychologically rewarding result. Even though you're not customizing the Heroes actual ability, you're still customizing what abilities your Heroes can bring into battle by assigning a different Pet.

    In the end, we felt this was a much more rewarding way of doing it. That way you could give that aforementioned chain lightning attack to any of your Heroes. You have much more flexibility in how you assign those new powers to those characters. And we plan on adding more.

    Look at it this way. Instead of creating a new set of alternate abilities for your Heroes, what Hero Pets do is create a new catalog of abilities that all of your Heroes can choose from.
    It's not pokemon. Frankly, being like Paw Pareil is awesome not sarcasm. It's a badge of honor and very cool. The fact is I watch Paw Patrol every day with my son and it is fun--far from being silly.

  10. #280
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    3,094
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisedOne View Post
    But I never upgrade just my queen. I always upgrade all my heroes at the same time for 1-2 levels each month. This way, I can max them at a reasonable time, and I also get to enjoy having my heroes free at times like the CWL. With the pet house, you have to choose between being at a disadvantage, and taking ages to max your pets. Also, keep in mind that in 200 days more pet levels will probably be released which is fine because maxed players need something to farm, but this means you'll always have 1 missing pet.

    As a free to play player, I'm fine with long upgrade times, but why tie up the upgraded pets unless you're forcing people to gem them. Pets are pretty much the only offensive boost at TH14 so just let the pet house work similar to the laboratory and let us enjoy using them.
    If you choose to upgrade that way, go for it. Dont however try to tell the rest of us who do it differently how broken it is when it is self inflicted wounds on your part.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesnít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •