Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #3 - This Time Builder Hits Back!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I absolutely do not think that would be acceptable, given that builder huts are the only buildings you cannot place without paying gems.

It should never be required to pay gems to be able to progress.
    This makes sense, but if SC takes that route then they should make upgrading one hut to at least level 2 be required to upgrade to th15 and the defensive weight of all other builder huts should be zero for the classic war matchmaker.

While I agree with others that in some sense they don't have to decide whether the construction of the builder huts is required to upgrade to th15 for a long time, on the other hand they should decide on the defensive weight of those huts right now and I'm sure they already have. If they have weight, it would be sort of inconsistent for them to not be required to be constructed in order to upgrade to th15.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

I absolutely do not think that would be acceptable, given that builder huts are the only buildings you cannot place without paying gems.

It should never be required to pay gems to be able to progress.
    Given the amount of free gems a player can accumulate in the time from start to th14, I hardly think that would be an issue. Its not like you have to spend a dime to accumulate a large amount. I also really doubt it would be common to not have all 5 builders given what many went through to get the 6th. It would be interesting to know what the upgrade of a builder hut does to gold weight. If I can time one right, I'll make a note.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Given the amount of free gems a player can accumulate in the time from start to th14, I hardly think that would be an issue. Its not like you have to spend a dime to accumulate a large amount. I also really doubt it would be common to not have all 5 builders given what many went through to get the 6th. It would be interesting to know what the upgrade of a builder hut does to gold weight. If I can time one right, I'll make a note.
    I agree completely, it’s more of just a principle then a logical fallacy.

I completely agree,they also didn't applied this new concept on master builder so that no one is forced to play bb to get the 6th builder.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #245
    I agree that it would be very rare for any TH14 to NOT have all 5 main village builders. And any new account I make, I never ever spend any gems on anything else until I dod.

But it is the principle. Gems (although you get some free) are the "real" currency of the game, and you should not be required to spend them in order to be allowed to progress.

I agree that it would be very rare for any TH14 to NOT have all 5 main village builders. And any new account I make, I never ever spend any gems on anything else until I dod.

But it is the principle. Gems (although you get some free) are the "real" currency of the game, and you should not be required to spend them in order to be allowed to progress.
    You get a lot free. As long as you can do it without paying money, I dont see the problem. You can get the gems for the 4th and 5th builder a lot easier than all the requirements for the 6th. Gems are just another resource.

Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    A signature defense that helps destroy itself? That would indeed be new. I think the new building will just be a tool for offense, but I do hope we get a signature defense that isn't just the builder huts.
    I mean say the new thing really is something for pets that accompany heroes. Couldn’t they assist on both offense and defense? Offense with the hero on attack and defense like a guard post.

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    I mean say the new thing really is something for pets that accompany heroes. Couldn’t they assist on both offense and defense? Offense with the hero on attack and defense like a guard post.
    Maybe like a wizard's familiar in some fantasy lines. Basically a pet demon. Which describes my cat as well so I will be most upset if demon attack cat is not one of the options.

Quote Originally Posted by Realplayers View Post
    I'm sure I'll get excoriated for even mentioning this by the naysayers, but I just want to start a conversation about it to see if there's any there, there.

I recall in the early days of builder hall there was quite a bit of animosity from forumers about tie-ins that would, or could, potentially put one at a disadvantage in main village if they did not participate in BH. Up till now, I'm of the opinion that hasn't happened in any significant way.

With the addition of weaponized builder huts, it would seem to me that would present a small but unfair disadvantage for players who prefer not to play BH versus those who do, confirming player's apprehensions at the time. Time will tell, I suppose, but this isn't as slight as going from one single canon to a double cannon. Non BH players are shorted an entire defense and additional HP in war, etc. Why? Because they don't care for that particular game mode.

Thoughts?
    You should read a bit more carefully. The master builder's hut cannot be upgraded into a defense so it is a non-issue.

I think they will save the new troop and/or super troop/s for summer update.