Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #3 - This Time Builder Hits Back!

Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    The town hall upgrade requirements introduced in the th12 update ensured that no matter how you played, when you pulled the trigger you had the same defense buildings and traps as everyone else. But with the introduction of the builder hut defense, it's now possible to deviate from the norm and have less defenses going into th15. That's what I find weird.
    I tend to agree. While it will be quite some time before it could become an issue, confirmation would be nice. In my opinion, you should have to have 5 builders and have upgraded them up to minimum level 2.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

The town hall upgrade requirements introduced in the th12 update ensured that no matter how you played, when you pulled the trigger you had the same defense buildings and traps as everyone else. But with the introduction of the builder hut defense, it's now possible to deviate from the norm and have less defenses going into th15. That's what I find weird.
    Per the wiki, there is already a built-in exception to having to place all the builder huts to advance. Iím sure if someone dig up the th12 update announcement, itís there or at least should be.

Also per the wiki, other structure rebuild/placement/upgrade exceptions include the first cannon in the tutorial, the clan castle, the master builder hut, and the boat.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Per the wiki, there is already a built-in exception to having to place all the builder huts to advance. I’m sure if someone dig up the th12 update announcement, it’s there or at least should be.

Also per the wiki, other structure rebuild/placement/upgrade exceptions include the first cannon in the tutorial, the clan castle, the master builder hut, and the boat.
    Yep. Unless we get confirmation otherwise it means that you don't need to have the defensive builder huts at all, which is (I assume) supposed to be the signature defense of th14.

Yep. Unless we get confirmation otherwise it means that you don't need to have the defensive builder huts at all, which is (I assume) supposed to be the signature defense of th14.
    If by the time th15 comes out and they haven’t upgraded their huts, what are they waiting for? The detriment of having up to five fewer defenses has to be worse than any war weight not added, which is the only reason I would think anyone wouldn’t upgrade them. I wonder if upon going to th14, they are considered defenses, and if not, are they assigned a war weight anyway. That would encourage upgrading them if a clasher doesn’t already see the benefits or is trying to be sneaky with matchmaking, though I doubt five defenses, even being signature weapons, count for much considering everything else on a th14. Let them have the disadvantage.
    Last edited by toofinedog; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:38 PM.

Pro Member
    If by the time th15 comes out and they haven’t upgraded their huts, what are they waiting for? The detriment of having up to five fewer defenses has to be worse than any war weight not added, which is the only reason I would think anyone wouldn’t upgrade them. I wonder if upon going to th14, they are considered defenses, and if not, are they assigned a war weight anyway. That would encourage upgrading them if a clasher doesn’t already see the benefits or is trying to be sneaky with matchmaking, though I doubt five defenses, even being signature weapons, count for much considering everything else on a th14. Let them have the disadvantage.
    My comment was never a complaint, nor an analysis. It was merely an observation that
    which is, to me, odd.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    I tend to agree. While it will be quite some time before it could become an issue, confirmation would be nice. In my opinion, you should have to have 5 builders and have upgraded them up to minimum level 2.
    I absolutely do not think that would be acceptable, given that builder huts are the only buildings you cannot place without paying gems.

It should never be required to pay gems to be able to progress.

I’m quoting this one again because it’s the cool thing to do. Maybe tomorrow’s reveal is both a tool for offense AND the signature defense. We do already have confirmation you don’t need all the builder hut defenses upgraded because you aren’t required to have all the builder huts placed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I absolutely do not think that would be acceptable, given that builder huts are the only buildings you cannot place without paying gems.

It should never be required to pay gems to be able to progress.
    Agreed, I think that’s why builder hut upgrades were never a thing in the first place. However, I can’t imagine anyone at TH14 not having 5 builder huts so it makes sense given how they have implemented it.

Pro Member
    I’m quoting this one again because it’s the cool thing to do. Maybe tomorrow’s reveal is both a tool for offense AND the signature defense. We do already have confirmation you don’t need all the builder hut defenses upgraded because you aren’t required to have all the builder huts placed.
    A signature defense that helps destroy itself? That would indeed be new. I think the new building will just be a tool for offense, but I do hope we get a signature defense that isn't just the builder huts.
    Last edited by Ostentatious; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:56 PM.

A signature defense that helps destroy itself? That would indeed be new. I think the new building will just be a tool for offense, but I do hope we get a signature defense that isn't just the builder huts.
    I take the opposite stance. Usually our signature defenses get stronger and stronger which means the next big idea has to exceed that. This has actually lead to it being less likely we see too many more of that defense. take th 9-13 for example, we have gotten more xbows and infernoes but not much and this time the base stats on the giga inferno are not being buffed with only poison damage being added.

Doing something smaller, unique and still strong can allow more to be added later and add more at a time than the 1 or 2 we have gotten used to.

It can be underwhelming compared to what we've had but might be a needed change of pace for future content.