Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Words used in clans?

  1. #21
    Pro Member dayone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St-Hubert QC.
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by Be A Legend View Post
    Or a certain swearing word is just a few letters away from the word "wife" or "husband"? Or does it not work that way?
    I remember back in the good ole global chat days, the censorship was off the charts, but I can write “wife” and “husband” in my clan chat and description without them being censored. I’m not sure what OPs problem is, just turn off filter clan chat.
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv19, 868 fair play wins and counting...

  2. #22
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    3,085
    Quote Originally Posted by dayone View Post
    Umm...go into the options and turn off filter clan chat. I wrote the word wife in my clan chat and in my clan description, and it wasn’t censored either time. In fact I left it in my clans description just for fun, you can go see it if you want. My clans ID# is in my signature.

    My clans location is set to Canada if that changes anything, which I doubt.
    Two different filter triggers. The one you speak about is the clan filter that you can set. If someone who is under 16 and from the US joins your clan, your selection is ignored and a filter is put in place.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesn’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by dayone View Post
    I remember back in the good ole global chat days, the censorship was off the charts, but I can write “wife” and “husband” in my clan chat and description without them being censored. I’m not sure what OPs problem is, just turn off filter clan chat.
    OP's problem is what has been described above. If a child from the US created an account after the automatic filter was put in place and is in the clan, the filter is in place for all. And, it is just an automated filter and those never do a good job of only filtering profanity and never missing short-cuts and ways around the profanity. So, there are problem words that are filtered out either due to a bug, like Darian suggested, or because they are close to a profane word in some language. There are so many ways to curse without using an actual curse word spelled correctly that these types of filters usually cover way more than what would be considered "necessary" but they do it to avoid profanity slipping through. The old global filter was similar.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by dayone View Post
    Umm...go into the options and turn off filter clan chat. I wrote the word wife in my clan chat and in my clan description, and it wasn’t censored either time. In fact I left it in my clans description just for fun, you can go see it if you want. My clans ID# is in my signature.

    My clans location is set to Canada if that changes anything, which I doubt.
    Perhaps you could try reading the previous response to you saying basically the same thing with rather fewer words.

    They do not have the option to turn it off if there is any player who is from the USA, under the age of 16 in their clan (But it only knows their age if they started playing since the update that brought this change in)

  5. #25
    Pro Member dayone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St-Hubert QC.
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Two different filter triggers. The one you speak about is the clan filter that you can set. If someone who is under 16 and from the US joins your clan, your selection is ignored and a filter is put in place.
    I beg to differ. I have long term American clan mates in my clan, and I’ve previously had young Americans in my clan too, without the chat being censored.

    How would the game know how old you are anyway? It’s been ages since I downloaded the game, but I seem to recall that you had to click a box confirming that you’re over 13 years old, but that’s it. The game doesn’t actually ask you how old you are, thankfully, lol.
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv19, 868 fair play wins and counting...

  6. #26
    Pro Member dayone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St-Hubert QC.
    Posts
    642
    Alright, seems like I’m in the wrong here. Looks like some filters got added for newer players that I wasn’t aware of. Sorry for wasting everybody’s time.
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv19, 868 fair play wins and counting...

  7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by dayone View Post
    I beg to differ. I have long term American clan mates in my clan, and I’ve previously had young Americans in my clan too, without the chat being censored.

    How would the game know how old you are anyway? It’s been ages since I downloaded the game, but I seem to recall that you had to click a box confirming that you’re over 13 years old, but that’s it. The game doesn’t actually ask you how old you are, thankfully, lol.
    It does now, if you are in the USA.

    AIUI, Supercell had to add this if they wanted to retain the 13 rating for their game in the USA. It came in one of the updates last year (I think June, but I can't remember for certain, it could have been March).

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Thanks for reporting this. I've given this to the team that oversees the filter functionality.
    Anyways How are you Darian?

  9. #29
    Junior Member Beakhead333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    God's country
    Posts
    58
    This is not a new issue. The bottom line is this filter is unnecessarily hurting clans and making it so alot of young players cant find a clan.
    We hope that positive changes are made with haste.
    Maybe in the future the teams responsible for these game impacting changes should follow up their work to find any resulting bugs
    GODS of death

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •