Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 59 of 59

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Trouble distributing CWL bonus

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Electrifyingankur View Post
    that's a different case, requires different discussion.
    however, to what OP has asked - i have given a more of general solution to his problem with least amount of time/brain you can put to solve his problem which is:
    to ask players to hit their mirror and get most destruction/stars that they can get every war and in the end - bonus will be distributed to those who scored maximum for clan. so this way you need not be answerable to anyone how you have distributed the bonus because it's self explanatory.
    But if a leader hs a more of complex plans for cwl like what happens in your clan -- it requires a different approach like announcing in mails that bonus medals will be given as per the leader's liking (or someone else who controls cwl stuff) or like other complex plans like: making a spreadsheet of how/what each player has contributed whole season to clan and give bonus according to it.... but that would just be so tedious right?
    It isn't very tedious. It takes about 5 minutes after the last war ends. I give a couple to the top star getters, a couple to some active mates who are too low to get into CWL and then spread the others out among other CWL mates who didn't miss any attacks. The only "tedious" part, if it can be called that, is I do keep a list going of how many medals people have received, not in an effort to keep it exactly equal, but just to make sure those few that are spread between the "other" CWL mates are hitting everyone eventually. It takes about 5 minutes at the most.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  2. #52
    most stars, most destruction, they get medals.... spurs competition...this Clan ain't little league where everyone get a participation trophy, top players get top pay. Like IRL.

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodPurchased View Post
    most stars, most destruction, they get medals.... spurs competition...this Clan ain't little league where everyone get a participation trophy, top players get top pay. Like IRL.
    Again, so if your top hall attacks low to get 3 stars and a lower hall attacks #1 maxed out base to get 2 stars (a wise war plan in many cases), you consider the player dipping down for the easy three star to be the "top player"? The competition that is spurred is for everyone to get as many stars/% as THEY can get personally, which does not always equate to the max stars the whole clan can get if targets are selected a little more carefully.

    Maybe your clan is all the same hall level, all maxed out, etc. so then it basically rewards whomever attacks the easier enemy targets asap after the war starts before someone else does.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  4. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    260
    I have few question after reading this thread

    Why most of you gives bonus packs to lower ths in mixed hall lineups? Isn't the ladder system designed to reward to highest hall more

    Why would any player sit out in cwl ,why can't they join another clan during cwl if they are to low for home clan league?

    What is the connection of clan games and donation on cwl bonus? As league you got is only because highest ths your clan have ?

  5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #55
    Quote Originally Posted by APURV77 View Post
    I have few question after reading this thread

    Why most of you gives bonus packs to lower ths in mixed hall lineups? Isn't the ladder system designed to reward to highest hall more

    Why would any player sit out in cwl ,why can't they join another clan during cwl if they are to low for home clan league?

    What is the connection of clan games and donation on cwl bonus? As league you got is only because highest ths your clan have ?
    Each clan sets their own rules on how they distribute medals, and also on how they include people in CWL.

    Some give medals to the highest performing players (by whatever standard they set), others give medals to lower Town Halls to try and get them upgraded as quickly as possible. Others just have a regular rotation.

    Our low TH players could join another clan, or even create a new one just for CWL if they wanted, but none have expressed any interest in doing so. They get 20% of the medals the clan earns, without needing to do anything.

  6. #56
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    3,118
    Quote Originally Posted by APURV77 View Post
    I have few question after reading this thread

    Why most of you gives bonus packs to lower ths in mixed hall lineups? Isn't the ladder system designed to reward to highest hall more

    Why would any player sit out in cwl ,why can't they join another clan during cwl if they are to low for home clan league?

    What is the connection of clan games and donation on cwl bonus? As league you got is only because highest ths your clan have ?
    Highest THs already ARE rewarded more. Say you get 8 stars and get full medals of 300 for a season. Your bench sitter gets 60 medals. They seem to get more reward already in my book. Choosing to give bonuses to a lower TH to aid in their development still doesnt come close to the 300 medals that a higher TH got.

    As for joining another CWL, some prefer to play as a clan perhaps even as a 30v. They have no interest in going to another clan for CWL.

    WE view ALL behaviours when considering whether someone is a “good” clanmate. Why would we not consider donations/clangames/participation/etc when it comes times to distribute “CLAN” bonuses? IMO it becomes tough to say that someone is a good clanmate except when goodies are being handed out and all of a sudden they dont count.

    For me, it all comes down to the clan being more important than the individual and our experience is that it really does work.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:03 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesn’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  7. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

    Some give medals to the highest performing players (by whatever standard they set), others give medals to lower Town Halls to try and get them upgraded as quickly as possible. Others just have a regular rotation.
    What if those lower town hall leaves the clan as soon as they become big as by giving extra which they did not earn they build a habit taking things for free

    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Highest THs already ARE rewarded more. Say you get 8 stars and get full medals of 300 for a season. Your bench sitter gets 60 medals. They seem to get more reward already in my book. Choosing to give bonuses to a lower TH to aid in their development still doesnt come close to the 300 medals that a higher TH got.

    As for joining another CWL, some prefer to play as a clan perhaps even as a 30v. They have no interest in going to another clan for CWL.

    WE view ALL behaviours when considering whether someone is a “good” clanmate. Why would we not consider donations/clangames/participation/etc when it comes times to distribute “CLAN” bonuses? IMO it becomes tough to say that someone is a good clanmate except when goodies are being handed out and all of a sudden they dont count.

    For me, it all comes down to the clan being more important than the individual and our experience is that it really does work.
    Only 8 stars are needed to get complete reward so only situation when they get 60 medals out 300 is when they did not took part in it ,if someone is so lazy to go to another clan for cwl and earn some medals why would other players compromise for it
    In 30vs30 also lower 15s are already getting benefit of high league
    I only see benefit here if those lower are highly loyal to the clan.

  8. #58
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by APURV77 View Post
    I have few question after reading this thread

    Why most of you gives bonus packs to lower ths in mixed hall lineups? Isn't the ladder system designed to reward to highest hall more

    Why would any player sit out in cwl ,why can't they join another clan during cwl if they are to low for home clan league?

    What is the connection of clan games and donation on cwl bonus? As league you got is only because highest ths your clan have ?
    Some clans give bonuses (or some of them) to lower halls so they can upgrade faster.
    In cwl higher halls can make for better wars (generally, not always).

    As for sitting out or joining another clan, that's really up to how the clan does things. Some clans have a sister clan for lower halls to go to for cwl where they compete in a lower league than the main clan.
    Other clans simply don't put lower halls in, but let them sit the bench for the 20% of medals earned.

    Really up to how the clan wants to run things.

    As far as clan games and donations factoring inti bonuses: clans will use such criteria to make it easier to determine who gets bonuses, etc.

    In my clan we use clan games to determine who will get placed in the daily line-up for cwl. To earn a spot, you have to score 1,000 points in clan games.
    As for donations, we expect people to actively donate, especially if they are constantly requesting troops.
    Does it have to be a 1:1 ratio? No, but it should be fairly close to it.

  9. #59
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    3,118
    Quote Originally Posted by APURV77 View Post
    What if those lower town hall leaves the clan as soon as they become big as by giving extra which they did not earn they build a habit taking things for free



    Only 8 stars are needed to get complete reward so only situation when they get 60 medals out 300 is when they did not took part in it ,if someone is so lazy to go to another clan for cwl and earn some medals why would other players compromise for it
    In 30vs30 also lower 15s are already getting benefit of high league
    I only see benefit here if those lower are highly loyal to the clan.
    We have a 50 person clan. No one in our clan is required to stay for CWL, if they want to go to another clan for CWL, they are welcome to and a couple do just to help out a friend. The ones who choose to stay may or may not be given the opportunity to attack based on their TH level and the level of opponents we face or when they upgrade their heroes but I would certainly not call them lazy.

    The folks that stay donate troops, offer attacking advice, encourage the team make sure everyone does their attack, some manage the clan....all sorts of activities. We view those contributions as being valuable and use some bonuses to encourage those behaviours.

    Yes, they are loyal clan members....who else would we give them to? Some random joiner who is too low a level to attack and only joined yesterday? That’s part of how we build loyalty in the first place.

    I am not saying ours is the right way or the only way, just saying it is OUR way and it works for us. Most folks join and stay, some for years. We must be doing something right.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:13 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesn’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •