Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Trouble distributing CWL bonus

Trouble distributing CWL bonus

You know what I am talking about.

We have a team of skilled and loyal players and almost everybody is supportive towards donations and stuff.
    But we can't give 'em all the bonus :/

What's the optimal solution to this ?Who is worthy ?How do I please those not getting the bonus ?

Make a list of who got it last round and rotate. I always thought it would be cool to give them depending on in game performance. First one or two done with clan games, most stars in cwl, least stars on defense, best donation ratio, stuff like that. I'm not the leader though. My clan gives it to the top cwl players which I am so I'm not complaining.
    Last edited by Enceladus; April 9th, 2021 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyVirat View Post
    You know what I am talking about.

We have a team of skilled and loyal players and almost everybody is supportive towards donations and stuff.
    But we can't give 'em all the bonus :/

What's the optimal solution to this ?Who is worthy ?How do I please those not getting the bonus ?
    There is no optimal solution. I tell my clan it is leader's choice. I try to rotate and acknowledge important stuff like filling ccs. I ignore stars. Basically, I try to do right as best I can. If someone thinks they can do better I offer to make them leader. Yeah...no takers. With that approach, no muss, no fuss. The very few complainers got booted. Truthfully though, the complaining about bonus medals in those case was the cherry on the bootip. Communication is the key. Everyone can't get medals. Ev3ryone is not above average. And I would be quite happ3y if supercel got rid of bonuses and increased tier medals a bit.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Enceladus View Post
    Make a list of who got it last round and rotate.
    This.
    My 2cents: It's all about the clan and its members. We have some selfless members who are TH13 come out and say they don't need additional medals because they simply overflows with medals. We agree to give the additional medals to those who are not in the CWL or just TH12 and below, and it's rotational basis too.

We've kept track since the beginning of cwl and give prioriry to those who have not received any medals. We also use discord and the leadership votes on who those players are. I backtrack from the last cwl until I get 10 players who havent received any in a while then I make a poll. We then vote among 10 which is the max choices using a discord poll bot. We war at 30v30 so we have alot that dont get bonuses.
    Last edited by Mudbugs; April 9th, 2021 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FMdC92 View Post
    Don't try to understand the forums. It's a magical land of disagreement and ego self-inflation. Keep your head down and try to survive..

I only give medals to someone who never missed an attack. I place all their names into an excel sheet, assign a number to each member and do a random function. If someone goes a while (3-4 months) without medals, they let me know and I give them a guaranteed bonus the next month.

Pro Member
    We maintain an excel and generally try to rotate on that basis. Some of our maxed out members opt out of getting bonuses and that helps with distributing to those in lower th who might need it more.

I think it largely depends on ensuring that you don't show bias by giving the bonus to the same set of people each time and explaining the rationality behind your decisions.

Millennial Club
    Still searching for the hog rider in BB...
    Interesting, we follow quite a different strategy.
    Not everyone can be in wars, so I try to give the bonus to weaker players to help them improve their bases. I start with those who could not get all stars, but were available and did any attacks they were put in for. The top players don't attack for the medals, but do so regardless of the bonuses, so they are not being disadvantaged. Nobody complains, and the average level of the clan improves.

Pro Member
    I give bonus medals to the highest accounts not getting 8 stars, that have not missed an attack, basically trying to help the weaker accounts get stronger.
    Check out Fiddle Farm #PRP902RR - Jenny’s always welcome

It's just a game

Pro Member
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    Anyone who is not a TH13 or TH12 or wants to be a permamaxed. Everyone else can get cwl medals based on how many medals they had earlier. Like lets say, someone is just 5 or 6 medals short of buying another hammer, we give him medals.