Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Multiple head hunters too powerful on defense

Millennial Club

Multiple head hunters too powerful on defense

I can handle a cc full of super minions plus anything other than head hunters during a queen walk.

I can handle a cc of anything other than head hunters during a queen walk.

What is nigh impossible to handle is any cc combined with head hunters during a queen walk.
    Seriously, 3-4 head hunters in a cc instantly kill any hero. By the time you get a freeze dropped on them, your queen is already dead.

I've read through most of the threads calling for nerfs to super minions and I know the upcoming update has a nerf for them, but I think multiple head hunters on defense are more powerful than multiple super minions.

I'm not sure what could be done: lessen their poison damage? Flat damage reduction? Percent damage reduction for more than one head hunter and being in proximity to one another (similar to how the baby dragon doesn't enrage if in range of other air units)?

I generally don't have trouble with cc troops nor do I usually complain about cc troops, but multiple head hunters on defense seems overly powerful and I'm at a loss on how to handle them.

Some will say, "just drop a freeze on them," but by the time you get the freeze off your queen is dead. There is a delay in dropping a spell due to the falling animation of it.

I guess poison and freeze or lightning them.
    Nerfing head hunter will have affect in offence too.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    It is only in combination with superminions I have an issue. And that is because they are so fast as well as lethal. You poison & freeze the SM, and by the time your attention is back on the AQ, she be dead.

NGL, playing with sounds helps. When you hear the clan castle troop deploying fanfare, and it isn’t coming from you (mind you, they sound exactly the same), you have the seconds you need to get that freeze ready even with the drop delay.

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    NGL, playing with sounds helps. When you hear the clan castle troop deploying fanfare, and it isn’t coming from you (mind you, they sound exactly the same), you have the seconds you need to get that freeze ready even with the drop delay.
    I turned my sound on after about 5 years of silence... It was sensory overload. I realized I've never heard an electro drag, nor headhunters or ice golems; and first time hearing my lv40 warden lol. Too many distractions for me thanks.

Back to the topic, yes, hh are quick little buggers and will get your queen if you're not watching. If the CC is close to the edge and easy to lure, then don't lure with the queen (as I've done many times before hh were born), use a couple sui troops and that will give you time. But if the cc is central, you should have plenty of time to drop a freeze in their path in front of your queen. Get used to their range so you know approximately where to drop the freeze. It takes a bit of foresight to know where your queen will be when they get to her.

Or consider that as bad for QWs/queen charges. I use yeti bats and Ill take a whole cc of HHs...I just poison n run em over.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by TheClanimals View Post
    Or consider that as bad for QWs/queen charges. I use yeti bats and Ill take a whole cc of HHs...I just poison n run em over.
    For certain attacks, yes, head hunters are no threat.
    Yet, for other attacks they rip apart heroes.

Try doing a dragbat or dragloon with a head hunter defensive cc and see how fast your warden gets dropped.

It is not just with aq walks...really any hero is instantly dropped with 3-4 head hunters.

You've said it yourself, you know they wreck your QW so you should be prepared. Hint you may have to use other supporting troops to assist your QW in this case.

The good news is that help is on the way. The following TH14 changes will help the QW:

* 5 new levels for the queen
    * a new level for healers that improves only hero healing
    * nerf to super minions (I know you said this isn't the main issue, but it still helps)

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    What is nigh impossible to handle is any cc combined with head hunters during a queen walk.
    Seriously, 3-4 head hunters in a cc instantly kill any hero. By the time you get a freeze dropped on them, your queen is already dead.

I generally don't have trouble with cc troops nor do I usually complain about cc troops, but multiple head hunters on defense seems overly powerful and I'm at a loss on how to handle them.
    The problem with this CC Combo is the method you use to handle them. You said you are at loss on how to handle them, but you also state the only method you use in dealing with them, which is Freeze the Headhunter. If you knew Freeze the Headhunter doesn't work, then there is no reason to keep using the same method over and over again and hope for some better results.

Change how you utilize Queenwalk. Generally AQ walk have 4 options to use to avoid failed AQ walk: (1) Rage Spell on Healers to increase healing rate; (2) Poison Spell to slow down CC Troops or opposing Heroes; (3) Freeze Spell to stop defenses from firing temporarily (work best against Single Inferno or TH Giga Inferno); (4) AQ Ability (or to some extent Invisibility Spell), remove your AQ from the battlefield and avoid getting hit by Point Defenses or Heroes.

If only the above 4 options is useless against the Headhunter CC Combo, then I would agree the CC Combo is impossible to deal with. Have you really try them all? (this is strictly talking about AQ walk vs CC Combo and nothing else, no other big defenses around)

How about other big defenses like Scattershot or Inferno around Clan Castle? I will give you one revelation, not all the bases are suited for AQ Walk. I mean you can't send in your AQ to deal with 4 X-bows, 3 Inferno, 2 Scattershot, 4 Heroes, CC Troops area and hoping the AQ will come out alive. It's a bit exaggerating, but sometimes you have to go details in calculating whether your AQ will survive those defenses in addition to dealing with CC Troops. But then, it's not the Headhunter CC Combo issue isn't it? This is about picking the right bases to hit with your AQ Walk strategy.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; April 9th, 2021 at 01:37 AM.