Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Bunny Time has Bad Timers

Fresh Spawn

Bunny Time has Bad Timers

Hay Day says: "Next bunny time in 1H 08 MIN"

I set a timer for 1:03. When the time comes, I enter the game.

I watch the "Next bunny time in x" count down to 0, watching the very last seconds.

Instead of getting a "Bunny time ends in zzz"...
    I get a "Next bunny time in 3H 30 MIN"!!!!!!

so... my Bunny Time lasted 0 seconds.

What can I say? Itīs just a game...

I have the opposite. The bunny timer might say the next time in in 3 hr 30 minutes. I log in in 2 hours and I see the bunny arriving, the full countdown.
    Level 178
    iOS

Pro Member
    Just in case you didn't know... the bunny will come 100 minutes before the stated time if you get on line. We call it the early bunny- kind of like an extra chance.

Kathy

Fresh Spawn
    It happened again...

"Next Bunny Time in 9 SEC"
    "Next Bunny Time in 8 SEC"
    "Next Bunny Time in 7 SEC"
    "Next Bunny Time in 6 SEC"
    "Next Bunny Time in 5 SEC"
    "Next Bunny Time in 4 SEC"
    "Next Bunny Time in 3 SEC"
    "Next Bunny Time in 2 SEC"
    "Next Bunny Time in 1 SEC"
    "Next Bunny Time in 0 SEC"
    "Next Bunny Time in 18H 40MIN"
    Last edited by ambr; April 14th, 2021 at 02:48 AM.

It seems to me that the bunny opportunity would come up when the timer says so, however, if you already caught the current bunny, you have to wait until the next bunny is available.

I'm pretty sure someone else can shed better light on this.

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    Your explanation is quite accurate.

Bunnies and timers are explained here by meonhoc https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-Hidden-Rules

Those timers are badly designed and way too complicated but all these cases are well explained in meonhoc's long post.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    It seems to me that the bunny opportunity would come up when the timer says so, however, if you already caught the current bunny, you have to wait until the next bunny is available.

Nope, youíre explanation is correct.
    Iíll try and elaborate on that in an example as a series of events for those who find that easier.

First a few things to know.
    As you know you can catch a total of 3 bunnies in a bunny derby.
    Each of the 3 bunnies have a set time of their first appearance.

So letís look at an example in practice.
    1. Your hood is working on Bunny 1
    2. The timer says next bunny time in 38 (just as an example) minutes

Now there are 2 options
    3A 38 minutes later bunny times start as long as you havenít caught Bunny 1.
    3B If your hood has caught Bunny 1 within those 38 minutes the timer continues to count down 0. then realizes the Bunny1 has been caught and now a new timer starts (= the time shift you noticed, without a bunny time) for when Bunny 2 is expected to arrive which is in 18h40 minutes (using your own example here).

Judging by the timings of your thread and posts this is exactly what happened.
    Just a quick heads up. Bunny 3 wonít arrive until Friday so if you catch Bunny2 later youíre bound to see that shift again.

And yes the bunny timer thing can be complicated. The link to the thread by Meonhoc posted by Zetis helps explains the timers but a bit of warning itís a bit complex. However if you roughly remember when Bunny 1,2&3 are expected then you will have bunny time every 90 minutes until one of the bunnies is caught which you can easily track in game on the progress bar. If you see the bunny like 3/10 you know you will get bunny time every 90 minutes. If thereís no bunny on there then bunny time for the next bunny starts when itís scheduled to.

A very long story shortened, this is normal and expected and everything is working as it should as Wussy explained youíve caught the current bunny and have to wait for the next one.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

And it's tellin' me that things are not the same
    Quote Originally Posted by zetis View Post
    Your explanation is quite accurate.

Bunnies and timers are explained here by meonhoc https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-Hidden-Rules

Those timers are badly designed and way too complicated but all these cases are well explained in meonhoc's long post.
    Thank you, zetis.

To add to the perfect explanation by WussyPuss and Kaptain Kat, the banner above the task board, when considered alone, does not give an accurate understanding of next Bunny time.

A set of 2 hints should be considered together:
    - presence of a Bunny on the race track or Bunny column unlocked
    - timer given in the banner = scheduled time, not real time

The issue with scheduled time is it can be affected by other factors. Real life example: I'm going to a meeting scheduled at 15:00, only to learn that it was rescheduled early/later and I didn't get the real time notice.

"Next Bunny time in..." is simply a scheduled time, which becomes obsolete when there is no longer a reason for it (ie. Bunny caught = Bunny column unlocked = no presence of Bunny on race track).

And for what it's worth, a Bunny time would always start 100 minutes (= 1 hour 40 minutes) before every Bunny Time anounced by the banner. So if a Bunny is there and your remaining time is less than 1 hour 40 min, you know it's accurate. Otherwise, shorten the waiting time by 100 minutes or wait for the new waiting time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Meonhoc
    meonhoc
    Last edited by meonhoc; April 14th, 2021 at 08:27 PM.
    Welcome to Community Forum - How to - Search & Save Threads /PM / VM
    My Guides (Valley/Derby): V Map - V Chicken - V Fuel station - V Lucky bonus | Mystery D - Bingo D

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post

meonhoc
    Meow
    I can change that ya know

Sowwy I find it odd using all small caps even for nicknames

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Banned
    I stopped bunny hunting after the 2nd bunny of day 1 said "next bunny in 20 hours'. Forget it. Ain't nobody got time for that. Instead we just quickly pushed to the #1 stop. Finished 19 320 tasks in less than 24 hours and now we can rest.

There are 3 permits in the awards too so I don't really feel bad about the bunnies AND we created an 8000 points gap to second place 😅

Hoping this is the end of bunnies. 3 bunny derby in a row is enough
    Last edited by Light1989; April 14th, 2021 at 08:14 PM.