Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #2 - Balance Changes, QoL Improvements, Game Changes

Quote Originally Posted by opap View Post
    I saw

• Ice Golem: 360 seconds → 300 seconds
    • Witch: 360 seconds → 240 seconds

right now I train max iceg and witches in 180 seconds (3mins) each. Are you going to DOUBLE this and then call it a reduction?
    That timings shows for single barracks.The timings you showed in combined time of 4 barracks/2 dark barracks.

I saw

• Ice Golem: 360 seconds → 300 seconds
    • Witch: 360 seconds → 240 seconds

right now I train max iceg and witches in 180 seconds (3mins) each. Are you going to DOUBLE this and then call it a reduction?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kannukanhashubhang View Post
    That timings shows for single barracks.The timings you showed in combined time of 4 barracks/2 dark barracks.
    for 2 dark barracks as it then ones that matter for dark exiler troops

• Ice Golem: 180 seconds → 150 seconds
    • Witch: 180 seconds → 120 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by fozage View Post
    for 2 dark barracks as it then ones that matter for dark exiler troops

• Ice Golem: 180 seconds → 150 seconds
    • Witch: 180 seconds → 120 seconds

So if they go from 3 to 2.5 and 2 minutes, that's a good thing. But that was not clear in the post.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #165
    So if they go from 3 to 2.5 and 2 minutes, that's a good thing. But that was not clear in the post.
    It was completely clear to anybody who know how the barracks work.

The training times given in the post (as they are in the Wiki, and everywhere else that show a fixed value) were the "base" times. Those times are then divided by the number of appropriate available barracks for the actual training times, and also affected by any training discounts from gold pass, etc.

The only place you see actual current training times are when you click the "i" from the training screen.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    I am pretty sure I said that there were large things to consider when implementing a language setting, and didn't say it was impossible or that we can't do it. In fact I'm very careful to not say we can't do things because pretty much anything is possible, given a certain duration of time and resources. The whole point of the recruitment thread was to see what were some of the higher priority requests that could be completed within a reasonable amount of time by the team that made the teal, in time for this update. I am fairly certain I've not said we couldn't do it. I've only stated what the challenges are in trying to accomplish it in a manner that would be usable.
    I do not wish to dwell on my post but as you've responded, I shall do the same.

I have never said you explicitly said or used the word impossible. If you see my post, it said some responses given by Supercell made some (maybe just me, granted) *feel* like it was 'asking for the impossible'.

I refer to the following suggestions made from the discussion thread:

2. There should be a toggle button to search players with same in-game language settings only.
    4. The accept invite button should work same as the creator code . It should automatically turnoff after a certain amount of time and the player need to turn it back on again.

Of which the response was
    2. Which languages should we include? All 6500 languages from around the globe? If we just included supported game languages, should we list every of the thousands of dialects? What about Clans that speak multiple languages? What if the Clan speaks a language that isn't one of the supported ones?
    4. No. Forcing players to constantly toggle a setting is irritating. Should I have to constantly have to turn on my Junk Mail folder in my email every month? No, it should work all of the time so I don't have to worry about it.

Now maybe I've just been watching too many crime dramas but responding with successive questions gave the impression (to me anyway) that this was a no-go. It would have been different if the questions were followed with something like 'this is not a an easy challenge to solve and if we were to look at it then these are the sort of questions we'd need to think about'.

I appreciate you have a very difficult task to balance out response vs false promises vs not revealing work. I just think it could have been handled better, that's all. It doesn't take away from the fact that i'm glad the changes are coming!
    Clan: Rage Out!
    War and farm. That's what we do.

If you can't find us in search, look up 'Rage Out'. We're ones with the purple shield.

Quote Originally Posted by ESCANOR0803 View Post
    Itzu said something about this in his video.
    Time stamp 01:53

https://youtu.be/8we_9LvJNjg

Also here is a screenshot from his video
    I watched Itzu's video, and it does not answer this question. He gives an example if you are a German clan and you have your language set to German (here he means clan language set to German), it will try to find other German players. It does not say it finds players who have the game language set to German.

What 2222 asked:

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Can you give us more information on what was done? Will it work now like the hall setting such that if we set a language for our clan when we search for players we will find only players that have their game set to that language?
    This has not been answered by SC, as far as I know.

My guess, and it is only a guess, that this is where the AI in the tool comes into play. Most likely, they intend it to find players (in this example) that have spoken German in the game, and/or have been in German-speaking clans. Using in-game language is not a great proxy for this, since many people are fluent in multiple languages.

Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    No: they could/should ask we languages we're proficient in.
    I don’t know if that would be so good if a player can pick more than one. Wanting to expand on the number of invites they get, I suspect a lot of players would put English as one of their choices whether they are fluent or not.

Quote Originally Posted by RageOut View Post
    .It doesn't take away from the fact that i'm glad the changes are coming!
    They still haven’t told us what changes are coming. Some think the clan language setting won’t impact the results when searching for players. Some think it will impact it like it currently does for hall setting (many don’t even know that exists already as shown by the regular requests to add it to the tool). Then even if it does work like that, we don’t know how it determines what language is spoken by the player. In-game setting? Machine learning by monitoring what the player types in chat (shown not to have worked in the past)?

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    This has not been answered by SC, as far as I know.
    Agreed and a bit surprised since Darian has said in the past one of the problems with the tool was the lack of transparency. However, maybe more info is coming with the final notes to give the details.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It was completely clear to anybody who know how the barracks work.

The training times given in the post (as they are in the Wiki, and everywhere else that show a fixed value) were the "base" times. Those times are then divided by the number of appropriate available barracks for the actual training times, and also affected by any training discounts from gold pass, etc.

The only place you see actual current training times are when you click the "i" from the training screen.
    Please give me a break. Every time I log into the forums I see numerous posts of yours justifying everything SC might say. Well, they're not gods, they also make mistakes. So spare me the teaching and just accept we are not all Vulcan Scholars of Clash like you. End of transmission.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #170
    Please give me a break. Every time I log into the forums I see numerous posts of yours justifying everything SC might say. Well, they're not gods, they also make mistakes.
    Of course they do. But I have NO idea what that bit of rant had to do with what I said there, since I wasn't justifying anything.

So spare me the teaching and just accept we are not all Vulcan Scholars of Clash like you. End of transmission.
    So you have no interest in knowing how things work in clash?

Fair enough, but it does make it a bit pointless you coming here asking about things.

And BTW, one doesn't have to be a "vulcan scholar" or anything remotely close to it to know how the barracks work. A large majority of forum members know it just as well, including the three other people who said basically the same thing.