Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Stay in legends or trophy drop for update?

Legends is a pain. Limits the number of attacks right when you need them most. Our clan enjoy the race to complete games first, and legends limit almost always screws that up. Some days you just want to grind, oops legends limit screws that up. You just dropped a potion, damn next attack puts you back in legends, thanks for the minimum 30 minutes wasted. All the benefits and restrictions could be in place, with out the attack limit and you could still have your pretty shield and collect pointless jewels.

Quote Originally Posted by FlexyMcRoid View Post
    That's it everyone is saying to stay in legends but I want to Max FAST and guess what, they will drop more updates that include more walls, archer towers, wizard towers, more hero levels, more more more more. So although I could do it from legends slowly, I want to be maxed NOW, right now, so I will drop deep and start sneaky gob crushing everything. Once I'm max ill go back up to legends and Dominate everyone
    The slowest thing for most halls is the lab. I can't say for sure that is the case for th14, but playing lower won't help you max out the lab faster. As for defenses, the one thing you will be able to get done faster if you play lower than legends is walls. If you attack a LOT, you can more than make up for the big loot bonus in legends and the no loot lost on defense in legends. That extra loot you get can be used to dump into walls. That's about it, though, because my 6 builders will be busy non-stop in legends too, so you won't be getting defenses done any faster than me. Also, I will put extra loot into walls in between upgrades, but your advantage is you will have more extra loot, so you'll get more walls done. When you return to legends full max, assuming you farmed a lot, you'll have more walls finished than me, but that won't be enough to let you dominate. The serious players in legends will also be maxed and they are very dedicated and very talented. I know I couldn't compete near the top.

Quote Originally Posted by MrM0nster View Post
    Legends is a pain. Limits the number of attacks right when you need them most. Our clan enjoy the race to complete games first, and legends limit almost always screws that up. Some days you just want to grind, oops legends limit screws that up. You just dropped a potion, damn next attack puts you back in legends, thanks for the minimum 30 minutes wasted. All the benefits and restrictions could be in place, with out the attack limit and you could still have your pretty shield and collect pointless jewels.
    It limits the attacks, but gives a big bonus and you don't lose loot on defense. So, it is a pretty good trade-off as far as loot is concerned. I have no trouble keeping 6 builders busy in legends and loot overflowing by the time the next one is free.

As for clan games, again no issue at all getting the 4000 points fast, especially since there are so many easy tasks to do in legends these days. I do agree playing lower allows you to get it done faster by doing easy tasks like taking out some archer towers and quitting. A legends player who truly wants to finish the 4000 points as fast as possible could do it similarly with builder base attacks, though. We have some in our clan that see who can finish the fastest on the first day doing that.

As for your comment about collecting "pointless jewels" I find that funny coming from a guy who just got done explaining how he enjoys the pointless race to get done with clan games first. Everything here is pointless, other than the point of having fun. For me for clan games, I have more fun trying to hit 4995 points than I do trying to get to 4000 the fastest. To each their own. I like adding to my legends trophies total. Some don't.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

I'll stay in legends.. hitting dead or weak bases is boring for me

100 walls will be done in Bronze 1, then I'll go back up to the 5400 range in legends. 8 attacks a day is jail when I could be doing 15-20 sneaky gob raids for straight loot. I have nothing against slow and steady in legends, but what happens when three months down the road they add another 100 walls available for upgrade and then another 125, plus archers and wizard towers and more troop levels and hero levels. I might as well get as far ahead as possible looting low, then climb back up......... And Dominate!!!

100 walls will be done in Bronze 1, then I'll go back up to the 5400 range in legends. 8 attacks a day is jail when I could be doing 15-20 sneaky gob raids for straight loot. I have nothing against slow and steady in legends, but what happens when three months down the road they add another 100 walls available for upgrade and then another 125, plus archers and wizard towers and more troop levels and hero levels. I might as well get as far ahead as possible looting low, then climb back up......... And Dominate!!!
    You do you. For me, I have never done 15 to 20 goblin raids in a day. Will not ever. Login. Attack with war armies. Reload. Repeat. Still spent a lot of time throughout 13 maxed. Not sure how your sneaky gobs are bypassing the bottleneck of builders and lab though. Other than walls.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

It has been the case for as long as I can think, that new content releases are pretty much spaced out to accommodate f2p players...so by the time we get the extra levels everybody should be caught up.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    You do you. For me, I have never done 15 to 20 goblin raids in a day. Will not ever. Login. Attack with war armies. Reload. Repeat. Still spent a lot of time throughout 13 maxed. Not sure how your sneaky gobs are bypassing the bottleneck of builders and lab though. Other than walls.
    Exactly, I'd only raid with war armies as that's the only thing that's enjoyable to me, why anyone would waste their time raiding with goblins when the bottleneck is a builder taking a few weeks to upgrade something is beyond me, unless they're spending a lot on gems to speed them up.

Trainee
    I'm staying in legends with both my accs.
    TH 14 | lvl 248 | 80 Queen, 80 King, 55 Warden, 30 Champion |
    TH 14 | lvl 220 | 80 Queen, 77 King, 55 Warden, 30 Champion |
    Darjan co-Leader of Slovenian clan Emona #220LQQJY [lvl 19] (recruiting non rushed TH13, TH14 for war)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame1 View Post
    Exactly, I'd only raid with war armies as that's the only thing that's enjoyable to me, why anyone would waste their time raiding with goblins when the bottleneck is a builder taking a few weeks to upgrade something is beyond me, unless they're spending a lot on gems to speed them up.
    While I agree on the builder bottleneck, the real benefit that draws me to farming is having all 4 heroes down at once and getting them all done and ready for war ASAP. The added benefit of that approach is that most loot you pick up goes into walls so they move along fast too. I know that this is not the most efficient approach as books of heroes tend to go to waste once youíre done but itís nice to constantly have your ďIím iní war button on green
    whatever

Hope no one has forgotten about the 4 x star bonus which is available when you upgrade your town hall.
    If you drop too low ,it is pretty much useless.