Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #0 - Clan Castle Donation Changes

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #561
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyKris View Post
    I don’t understand the repeated pushback on the core issue. The donation perk is nerfed into near non-existence.
    The pushback is because the oposite is in fact true. It becomes more valuable, not less.

If I donate a max dragon to my TH7 member it becomes a level 4 dragon whether the clan has earned the 1 level upgrade on donations or not.
    And before, it also made no difference whether the clan has earned the perk. If you havevit maxed, it cannot go up by 1 or 2.

If a level 7 drag is donated by a TH12 to the same TH7 it again becomes a Level 4 drag no matter what, upgrade perk or not.
    This is true.

But what was also true was that if you had the +1 perk and people were asking for max, then ONLY TH12 or 13 could donate. With the +2 perk, only TH11+ could donate.

Now, if you have the +2 perk, any TH7+ can donate that (effective) level 4 dragon. If you don't have the perk, it is only TH9+.

This continues as my max dragons that I am donating increase to level 6 and 7 and so on, but again the clan perk does not affect the level of the donation at all. Once I get to a higher TH player they simply get the max drag I am donating. It’s a max drag so the clan perk doesn’t have any affect on it all (no change there). Now when a level 7 drag is donated by TH12 to me it does upgrade 1 level to an 8. Fantastic that helps but I am the only one in this scenario that now benefits from the upgrade perk. That is the main reason I hate this change. We worked hard for the upgrade perk but I am the only player in my clan that will really derive any benefit from it now. A few will not really see a change but several, the ones that end up having to attack up in CWL, will be penalized by the new change.
    Every player below TH11 (TH12 if you only have +1) who wants to donate will now be able to, which they wouldn't previously. And all donating to their own level TH or one lower will benefit from the perk. So instead of only 2 townhalls ever benefiting from the perk as donators, now it is all except TH13/14 (who never benefited anyhow) .

I can understand you not liking to be able to donate max troops, but claiming it nerfs the perk is just wrong, yet you are calling it the "core issue".

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #562
    Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    I initially assumed it would be like this, however since then all I've heard is that we are losing the difference in the refund. I hadn't actually tried it myself. If it is like you say, then it's a complete non-issue, that should have been made clear by someone 500+ posts ago. The part that puzzles me is if it is as you say (I'll test it myself right away) then why have people been complaining about this?? Is it just an assumption?? If it is, that's pretty dumb on their part. People should at least know what they are talking about before they start complaining.

Edit: I can confirm it is exactly as you stated. I trained a max Edragon which cost me 36000 elixir. I donated it to my th9 which can only receive a level 2 edrag and I received 18000 elixir back as a refund. Hopefully that puts this non-sensical argument about donation refund to bed!!
    No, the argument isn't nonsensical, and IMO it shouldn't work that way.

The level 2 edrag only costs 32,000 to train. You should IMO be refunded the difference first (4,000), then get back 50% of the 32,000 (16,000). So in total you would be refunded 20,000.

Otherwise, donators whose donation are reduced will feel they are wasting resources (even though the refund still means they have spent less than directly training a lvl 2)

I initially assumed it would be like this, however since then all I've heard is that we are losing the difference in the refund. I hadn't actually tried it myself. If it is like you say, then it's a complete non-issue, that should have been made clear by someone 500+ posts ago. The part that puzzles me is if it is as you say (I'll test it myself right away) then why have people been complaining about this?? Is it just an assumption?? If it is, that's pretty dumb on their part. People should at least know what they are talking about before they start complaining.

Edit: I can confirm it is exactly as you stated. I trained a max Edragon which cost me 36000 elixir. I donated it to my th9 which can only receive a level 2 edrag and I received 18000 elixir back as a refund. Hopefully that puts this non-sensical argument about donation refund to bed!! It is exactly as I would have assumed they would have done it.
    I went back and donated a lv 3 pekka from my th8 with +2 perk to a th13. It cost 18k to train, and I got 9k back as the refund. So don’t apply modifiers either way for refund and go by the base training cost as shown in the army screen.

You would think this would put the argument to bed, but the perk screen literally says “donation refund: X% cost” (cost, not variable based on troop level after modifiers or perks), so it should have been obvious even before the donation level change that came with this update.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #564
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

The level 2 edrag only costs 32,000 to train. You should IMO be refunded the difference first (4,000), then get back 50% of the 32,000 (16,000). So in total you would be refunded 20,000.

Otherwise, donators whose donation are reduced will feel they are wasting resources (even though the refund still means they have spent less than directly training a lvl 2)
    If that happens then someone donating a lvl 2 E drag and it magically becoming a lvl 4 should also be charged for the extra elixir cost of that lvl 4 E drag. It would only be fair.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    I went back and donated a lv 3 pekka from my th8 with +2 perk to a th13. It cost 18k to train, and I got 9k back as the refund. So don’t apply modifiers either way for refund and go by the base training cost as shown in the army screen.

You would think this would put the argument to bed, but the perk screen literally says “donation refund: X% cost” (cost, not variable based on troop level after modifiers or perks), so it should have been obvious even before the donation level change that came with this update.
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

It is a non-sensical argument. How would they be wasting resources?? You can't choose to train a level 2 Edrag. You can only train the troop levels you have unlocked. You are donating the troop YOU TRAINED. Therefore the donation is based on the cost YOU INCURRED. What happens to that troop after it leaves you is totally irrelevant. Whether it moves up a level from donation perks or moves down a level from donation caps on ccs. It's based on your cost and your cost alone, which is definitely the easiest way to do and imo makes the most sense.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

Is it just an assumption?? If it is, that's pretty dumb on their part.
    Try it yourself. A donator (TH13) gives a level 9 balloon, but recipient (TH3) gets a level 4 balloon.
    Now take donation refund (in a level 10+ clan) into consideration,
    Net cost for a level 9 balloon is 3000 elixir.
    Net cost for a level 4 balloon is 1750 elixir.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    If that happens then someone donating a lvl 2 E drag and it magically becoming a lvl 4 should also be charged for the extra elixir cost of that lvl 4 E drag. It would only be fair.
    That perk has been EARNED by the clan as a whole, sheesh now who's picking cherries

SC has chosen to take away our choice. So they will have to mitigate the negative consequences - that would be and is logical and normal

and here we go: next argument will be the 'this is not a democracy argument' from that side...

Quote Originally Posted by dgiba View Post
    Try it yourself. A donator (TH13) gives a level 9 balloon, but recipient (TH3) gets a level 4 balloon.
    Now take donation refund (in a level 10+ clan) into consideration,
    Net cost for a level 9 balloon is 3000 elixir.
    Net cost for a level 4 balloon is 1750 elixir.
    I did just try it myself, see my example posted above. Flat out You are not donating a level 4 balloon, you are donating a level 9 balloon. You can't train a level 4 balloon, so your point is irrelevant. What happens to the balloon after it leaves you has no relevance to your cost to train it nor your refunded cost. No different than if a TH9 donates a balloon to a TH13 where it goes up two levels on arrival they don't get charged the difference.

It is based on your cost and your cost alone. Nothing else.

A donator (TH13) gives a level 4 e-drag, but recipient (TH9) gets a level 2 e-drag
    take donation refund (in a level 10+ clan) into consideration,
    Net cost for a level 4 e-drag is 20000 elixir
    Net cost for a level 2 e-drag is 16000 elixir

Quote Originally Posted by dgiba View Post
    A donator (TH13) gives a level 4 e-drag, but recipient (TH9) gets a level 2 e-drag
    take donation refund (in a level 10+ clan) into consideration,
    Net cost for a level 4 e-drag is 20000 elixir
    Net cost for a level 2 e-drag is 16000 elixir
    You keep repeating the same thing, but you are clearly not listening. DONATIONS ARE BASED ON YOUR COSTS AND YOUR COSTS ALONE!!!!! What happens to the troops after they leave you is irrelevant!