Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #0 - Clan Castle Donation Changes

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #531
    Quote Originally Posted by Wachichi View Post
    This is my point: previously if a th attacked a higher town hall they both had the same level of cc. Or the potential of the same level. Now the higher town hall has higher level cc defence than the attacker. This makes it harder. Saying in the beginning people where only using that level 2 higher is not exactly true because the defender didnt have 3 levels higher on a hit up.
    If it was possible the cc offence should be based upon the level of the defender. Making dip attacks harder and hit ups slightly easier in my opinion. This is no doubt too hard to code. If everything was perfect and all wars where balanced this wouldn't be a problem but they are not this is especially the case in CWL.... Totally related issue... Call me mad but I want to encourage our low players to have fun and play during cwl. So we made a clan for them to play in. Believe me its not easy for them. Now its probably going to be impossible. That does annoy me a little for thier sake.
    I am have said this is a nerf to offence that is based on attacking the same town hall level. It is a buff to defence for a higher town hall level. Good one for engineering. Not so good for some others. Unbalanced wars will suffer here.
    They don’t just cancel each other out because not everyone has access to such high level troops when they’re still so low leveled. And don’t just come back with a “that’s their problem” or then that should fix that or whatever. Such comments are exactly what happened when this complaint over overpowered CCs was made on the forums and they weren’t taken seriously.

As for wars and hitting up, it is supposed to be difficult and not a walk in the park. Hitting 2 or more town halls up has become normal with decent results but realistically speaking that’s quite unreasonable to expect.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #532
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpeR View Post
    If they don't earn money, what happen then?
    Im not going to repeat the whole conversation. You drop in half way so read back.

Apparently it’s too difficult to understand that the starting point of things isn’t always “making money”

K the devils advocate is important to debate the Pros and cons of any change. Here I have taken that role. I support this change for the reasons I have stated. I agree it will help players who dont have access to max cc and think thats a possitive. I am concerned that it may have a negative impact making it more difficult than it was previously in unbalanced wars. I think it encourages dip attacks. Not sure if this is good or not. What's been harder to work out on offence is the impact this has on spells. For instance 2 lightnings and a max lightning in cc used to take down an aird for max th9 vs max th9 now it doesn't (I am sure there are many other examples)The spell level downgrade really impacts offence a lot.
    Last edited by Wachichi; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    This really is moot. When I pay lix for a max level eDdie and SC decides to not hand out a max level eDdie, I shouldn't have to pay for a max level eDdie - yes, there should be a reimbursement of the extra cost. Period. If not, we should have the power as a clan to say 'ok, we're going to throw away resources (also gold for sieges) with a toggle setting, OR choose NOT TO.

The +2 levels are EARNED by working hard and get the clan to the clan perk level. It really is as simple as that.
    If you start to discuss that way, get someone not wasting resources to donate the 'correct' Level.

You decide to waste your resources by overdonating in Levels. Well, it was your very own choice.
    If you're really concerned about the 'waste' (really? Like really, really?), minmax by getting different accounts for the job.
    Period. (Man, I love ppl using this to try to make a point)
    Last edited by Luicetarro; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luicetarro View Post
    If you start to discuss that way, get someone not wasting resources to donate the 'correct' Level.

You decide to waste your resources by overdonating in Levels. Well, it was your very own choice.
    If you're really concerned about the 'waste' (really? Like really, really?), minmax by getting different accounts for the job.
    Period. (Man, I love ppl using this to try to make a point)
    SuperCell has decided for us that we have to waste resources now. It really is that simple. No, it isn't my choice. But from your post I do see what you think you mean, so let's just agree to disagree. Rose tinted glasses are not reality. And I see quite a bit of that here recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    If that statement were even remotely true then they wouldn’t have gone to the trouble of balancing this issue for lower level town halls.
    they wouldn’t have bothered creating the starter challenges either.
    CWL is what I was talking about, not lower town halls as a whole. All of the clans who were relatively 'holding their own' also against 'higher' opponents will now face another blow. It's that simple.

Has nothing to do with the starter challenges. Those are a very nice gesture for lower TH, kind of also 'getting some action' before one is TH7.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #537
    Why make a game, if you don't want to earn money?
    I have no idea why anybody would do such a thing commercially. But then nobody here hase in any way sugg4sted that could be even a very remote possibility, so I also have no idea what point you think you are making.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #538
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    CWL is what I was talking about, not lower town halls as a whole. All of the clans who were relatively 'holding their own' also against 'higher' opponents will now face another blow. It's that simple.

Has nothing to do with the starter challenges. Those are a very nice gesture for lower TH, kind of also 'getting some action' before one is TH7.
    Ah sorry CWL. I missed that part. Defective coffee

Well they never made a big secret about CWL being meant and intended more for competitive end game levels. It’s for putting on the big boy panties and it sure doesn’t hurt to learn that earlier on in the game.

Even so the lower TH level clans or mixed ones might need to find their new sweet spot. It could be a league higher or lower and strategies might change a bit. But it’s still not the end of the world.
    Everyone is screaming what about if we face a stronger clan and they “need to” attack up 2,3... town hall levels...
    Im sorry but it’s not realistic nor reasonable to expect a decent result in such cases. Furthermore if a clan is on the “bad side” of the match then there is another on the “good side”. In the end it will even out. Sometimes you’ll benefit from the change and sometimes it makes things more difficult.

If nothing is done now then the problem will only increase over time in those town hall levels and punching up should not be the norm argument here against this change. On an overall look and feel things should be balanced between equal THs or possibly 1 up or down where attacking 1 up should be significantly more difficult and attacking 1 down relatively easy. Everywhere in the game whether it’s CWL, wars or multiplayer.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #539
    If they don't earn money, what happen then?

Edit:
    Is it the small fish or the whales that make up the main income?
    Please give us some sort of a clue what point you are trying to make here.

Nobody has said or in any way suggested that Supercell are not making money from the game, or that they don't need to. Of course they do.

But it is not their primary aim. And it does not drive there game design decisions. Anything they add to the game which is primarily aimed at making them money has always been purely cosmetic. Other changes indirectly gain for them by making the game more popular, but few of those non cosmetic changes have any direct impact on income.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Ah sorry CWL. I missed that part. Defective coffee

Well they never made a big secret about CWL being meant and intended more for competitive end game levels. It’s for putting on the big boy panties and it sure doesn’t hurt to learn that earlier on in the game.

Even so the lower TH level clans or mixed ones might need to find their new sweet spot. It could be a league higher or lower and strategies might change a bit. But it’s still not the end of the world.
    Everyone is screaming what about if we face a stronger clan and they “need to” attack up 2,3... town hall levels...
    Im sorry but it’s not realistic nor reasonable to expect a decent result in such cases. Furthermore if a clan is on the “bad side” of the match then there is another on the “good side”. In the end it will even out. Sometimes you’ll benefit from the change and sometimes it makes things more difficult.

If nothing is done now then the problem will only increase over time in those town hall levels and punching up should not be the norm argument here against this change. On an overall look and feel things should be balanced between equal THs or possibly 1 up or down where attacking 1 up should be significantly more difficult and attacking 1 down relatively easy. Everywhere in the game whether it’s CWL, wars or multiplayer.
    Oy, deep down I know you're right, and I'm glad our mixed hall CWL clan took a beating last time and got demoted - because it MAY help them this next CWL... Personally I like getting some medals, and I absolutely know I'm nowhere near a champs player. But please let me stomp around a bit and feel sorry for my clannies who still don't see it that way .

On another note - as I stated in other comments. The fact that the system hasn't been CORRECTLY adapted as in costs being reimbursed is really bad. Taking away choice is one thing. Not owning up to the resulting issues is another. Shows another 'choice' that really wasn't thought through very well, and what worries me is that this seems to be becoming the norm. I sincerely hope I'll be proven wrong, but so far this update isn't doing that.