Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #0 - Clan Castle Donation Changes

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #331
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomie0419 View Post
    I like everything in this update except for the troop cap. I've been playing this game for about 7-8yrs. I've been in the same clan for 5 of those years. We've worked hard to get our clan perks and now you're just taking them away. The troop bonus of upgrading a troop +2 levels is how we keep lower TH level players playing. Now you're taking that away from them and its going to hurt the clan as a whole, in war and CWL. This is ridiculous!
    The perk won’t become useless. It will become much more relevant to a lot of players in the game. Just look a few posts earlier where I explained how many more TH levels can be included in some of the donations.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    You are only looking at this from your personal perspective with all your accounts. But still not seeing why the +2 donation perk will be much more relevant for a lot of players in the game. With this change the perk will not change at all, in fact it will become more useful to a whole lot of players.

Let’s use Ajax’ example and explain more elaborately.
    Let’s use an example of a TH7 who wants a dragon.

Current situation:
    TH7 wants maxed dragon. The only players who can donate are TH11, TH12 and TH13.

After the update:
    TH7 wants a best level dragon they can get. (Can receive a TH9 dragon at best).
    The players who can donate are: TH7 (with a level 2 dragon), TH8, TH9, TH10, TH11, TH12, TH13 & TH14. Any of these donations will ALL result in the same dragon for the requesting TH7.

Do you now see the difference ? The level +2 perk in this case is very relevant for the TH7, 8 and new TH9 donating.
    The change also allows TH7-TH10 to also be able to donate in this example as it doesn’t matter if a TH8 or TH13 donates.
    Donations from lower level town halls to their equal TH are suddenly welcome. In lots of clans lower town halls are asked not to donate while they also might want to donate. They also want to feel like they contribute and matter within a clan.
    You're assuming that the lower TH lvls are going to donate at all. Not everyone in my clan asks for max troops, nor does everyone use the troop request feature. And the lower ppl still don't donate. Having the troop cap is going to be the difference between a win or a loss in war.

I like everything in this update except for the troop cap. I've been playing this game for about 7-8yrs. I've been in the same clan for 5 of those years. We've worked hard to get our clan perks and now you're just taking them away. The troop bonus of upgrading a troop +2 levels is how we keep lower TH level players playing. Now you're taking that away from them and its going to hurt the clan as a whole, in war and CWL. This is ridiculous!
    Some people (not picking solely on you) don't seem to understand, that it's not just for you as an individual that it will hurt. When you go to attack another th7 for example you dont have to deal with th13/14 troops it'll be a th9 at best. Far to much at lower level especially in CWL / wars revolved around being able to kill the troops in the CC now it's a lot more easy for everyone to attack.

People referring to clan perks and it not being fair, again I don't know whether its a lack of understanding, you've still go the perk of + 2 levels if you're level 10 or whatever. You just have a limit on each town hall now of 2 above.

If anything it's to the benefit of lower town hall level players, not the other way.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #334
    You're assuming that the lower TH lvls are going to donate at all. Not everyone in my clan asks for max troops, nor does everyone use the troop request feature. And the lower ppl still don't donate. Having the troop cap is going to be the difference between a win or a loss in war.
    A lot of low level players are asked not to donate or assumed not to donate. And later on when they can donate they’ve never learnt to share their part in the responsibility.
    Either way, many more possibilities for people to donate without it hurting the receiver is a good thing.

Its getting way out of hand with low level players being able to 3 star with just the CC alone or overpowered troops defending leaving an attacker without a chance whatsoever.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

This was my initial thinking..
    But mixed hall regular war has indeed become reliant on a max level cc..
    We do mixed hall, and tbf, if the lower hall player cant take out its own level with what they carry in their lab, then a bumped up cc is just glossing over the cracks.. Reality is they werent up to it in the first place.

For cwl, carrying lower hall accounts just means the clan cant push as far as higher halls would..
    Fielding 8s, 9s, and 10s could be beefed up somewhat by cc before..
    Now the clan will have to find out where the new settling point is, and win their 50% from there, until natural progression allows for a push.

So far as donations.. Having no cap has made lower players not even look to donate.. They invariably end the season with donation scores of 0/xxx..
    But that is an issue for clan management to sort, now that max donation dont mean max 13 or 14 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    A lot of low level players are asked not to donate or assumed not to donate. And later on when they can donate they’ve never learnt to share their part in the responsibility.
    Either way, many more possibilities for people to donate without it hurting the receiver is a good thing.

Its getting way out of hand with low level players being able to 3 star with just the CC alone or overpowered troops defending leaving an attacker without a chance whatsoever.
    i have come around to this way of thinking myself..
    Is a balanced view of how the game was headed..
    And indeed how SC have gone about redressing that balance.

Most of the donations in my clan come from the players with max troops. The change does nothing to take away the +2 perk for them. Some of our lower level players also donate and they will still get the +2 perk. In fact, some of them will now be able to donate more, since when they donate to other lower level players, the +2 perk will result in their donations being just as good as when a max player donates. Please explain why you think the change eliminates the +2 perk. I don't get it.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #337
    No it isn't, since your opponents will have exactly the same cap.

The simple fact is that this update makes the +2 clan perk more important for most clans. The only clans it reduces it for are those where the only donators are TH11. If the donators are all TH12 then you only gain half of it, if they are TH13, the bonus is useless now.

Fresh Spawn
    While there have been a lot of changes to Clash of Clans over the years and I almost lost my clan leadership to the 'automatic leadership rotation' when I decided to take a break, I still understood the rationale for that. However, I can say I joined this forum yesterday just to voice out my opinion on this donation cap change. We should all stop pretending that this will improve the gameplay for low level THs, in fact, it will get them out of their comfort zone and force them to move up(which is appreciated). This means if you want better troops in your cc, you better move up, and RIP to 'Req and Leave' clans, everything they built their culture on will be made irrelevant, somehow if higher TH level troops being donated to low level THs are considered overpowered I still consider this cap too extreme, the enemy base has max cc troops defending, the attacker has max cc troops attacking, sounds like already balanced to me, or if not, why not lower the donation level by just one or two levels, and who even cares about the +2 perk anymore, I absolutely understand how the change makes it more relevant, but at what cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozif View Post
    While there have been a lot of changes to Clash of Clans over the years and I almost lost my clan leadership to the 'automatic leadership rotation' when I decided to take a break, I still understood the rationale for that. However, I can say I joined this forum yesterday just to voice out my opinion on this donation cap change. We should all stop pretending that this will improve the gameplay for low level THs, in fact, it will get them out of their comfort zone and force them to move up(which is appreciated). This means if you want better troops in your cc, you better move up, and RIP to 'Req and Leave' clans, everything they built their culture on will be made irrelevant, somehow if higher TH level troops being donated to low level THs are considered overpowered I still consider this cap too extreme, the enemy base has max cc troops defending, the attacker has max cc troops attacking, sounds like already balanced to me, or if not, why not lower the donation level by just one or two levels, and who even cares about the +2 perk anymore, I absolutely understand how the change makes it more relevant, but at what cost?
    It will improve gameplay for many lower pevel players. How many clans with th13s actually accept low levels? I won't even accept 11s. A legit th9 down clan facing a family clan being fed max troops is toast. As for request and leave, how many regular players know of such? You are looking at it from an elite perspective. You can fill with max troops. You fail to acknowledge that far more cant.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

I think it's a great change, less chance of seeing so many lower guys in our clan with 0 donations over the season, also helps with their achievements etc