Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #0 - Clan Castle Donation Changes

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by dgiba View Post
    Let's say you make a donation of $4 to a person, but he only gets $2. What does some of the money go?
    So, at TH14 it’s 40k for a L4 edrag (no gold pass). Ignoring facts that a TH11 should be able to get L4 EDrags, let’s say he gets L2 (cost is 32k
    So that’s 8k you are concerned with (if 50% refund perk then the cost actually only 20K) - if you get the gold pass, then the L4 edrag costs 32k/16k anyway.
    Given You make 49200 elixir every hour, is this really a concern....
    Also, when you receive troops at a higher level then the donator can make, are you also happy to “make up” the cost of the +2 levels... don’t you owe SC the cost of the additional troop strength, if you are entitled to a refund, surely you should pay the difference?
    Last edited by vansimon; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:05 AM.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L75 | BK: 75 | GW 50 | RC: 25 | Max Trophies: 5500+

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #522
    Quote Originally Posted by XCdude96 View Post
    Isn't that the point of leveling up as a clan?

To gain an advantage?

Now we, a lvl 16 clan (very well earned, with a ton of losses already), are back to even after working 2.5+ years to EARN the right to donate boosted troops and (rarely) face a lvl 9 or lower clan.
    It has always been the case that the majority of clans you face are going to be level 10+ This update makes no difference whatsoever to that.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #523
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorf View Post

SC posted great results, which gives it leeway. However they are on a 5 yr downward trend in what they are putting in the collection plate. At some point push comes to shove. I cant say we aren’t there yet, and frankly, neither can you.
    We can't. But what I can say, knowing a bit more than you do about SC and the culture there, is that if Tencent ever did decide to order certain features to be developed, it would probably mean the end of Supercell, as many would just leave. Their culture is such that they don't even get that sort of direction internally and to havebit imposed externally would just not run.

Again, I love this game & have spent WAY too many hours at it. I just dont like changes I feel are financially motivated messing with my game!
    I don't understand why you feel these changes are financially motivated at all. How will they improve SC's income?

This is my point: previously if a th attacked a higher town hall they both had the same level of cc. Or the potential of the same level. Now the higher town hall has higher level cc defence than the attacker. This makes it harder. Saying in the beginning people where only using that level 2 higher is not exactly true because the defender didnt have 3 levels higher on a hit up.
    If it was possible the cc offence should be based upon the level of the defender. Making dip attacks harder and hit ups slightly easier in my opinion. This is no doubt too hard to code. If everything was perfect and all wars where balanced this wouldn't be a problem but they are not this is especially the case in CWL.... Totally related issue... Call me mad but I want to encourage our low players to have fun and play during cwl. So we made a clan for them to play in. Believe me its not easy for them. Now its probably going to be impossible. That does annoy me a little for thier sake.
    I am have said this is a nerf to offence that is based on attacking the same town hall level. It is a buff to defence for a higher town hall level. Good one for engineering. Not so good for some others. Unbalanced wars will suffer here.
    Last edited by Wachichi; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I don't understand why you feel these changes are financially motivated at all. How will they improve SC's income?
    Why make a game, if you don't want to earn money?

Quote Originally Posted by vansimon View Post
    So, at TH14 it’s 40k for a L4 edrag (no gold pass). Ignoring facts that a TH11 should be able to get L4 EDrags, let’s say he gets L2 (cost is 32k
    So that’s 8k you are concerned with (if 50% refund perk then the cost actually only 20K) - if you get the gold pass, then the L4 edrag costs 32k/16k anyway.
    Given You make 49200 elixir every hour, is this really a concern....
    Also, when you receive troops at a higher level then the donator can make, are you also happy to “make up” the cost of the +2 levels... don’t you owe SC the cost of the additional troop strength, if you are entitled to a refund, surely you should pay the difference?
    This really is moot. When I pay lix for a max level eDdie and SC decides to not hand out a max level eDdie, I shouldn't have to pay for a max level eDdie - yes, there should be a reimbursement of the extra cost. Period. If not, we should have the power as a clan to say 'ok, we're going to throw away resources (also gold for sieges) with a toggle setting, OR choose NOT TO.

The +2 levels are EARNED by working hard and get the clan to the clan perk level. It really is as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wachichi View Post
    This is my point: previously if a th attacked a higher town hall they both had the same level of cc. Or the potential of the same level. Now the higher town hall has higher level cc defence than the attacker. This MAKES IT HARDER. If it was possible the cc offence should be based upon the level of the defender. Making dip attacks harder and hit ups slightly easier in my opinion. This is no doubt too hard to code. If everything was perfect and all wars where balanced this wouldn't be a problem but they are not this is especially the case in CWL.... Totally related issue...
    The only thing that SuperCell cares about in CWL is the top level clans in Champs I. That just about all clans who have been able to maintain themselves 'relatively' high will now be plonked down one or more levels, doesn't concern them in the least. It's not nice, but it is the truth. There are quite a few threads about this.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #528
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpeR View Post
    Why make a game, if you don't want to earn money?
    Read the rest of that discussion and you’ll learn a thing or two about SC’s philosophy.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #529
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    The only thing that SuperCell cares about in CWL is the top level clans in Champs I. That just about all clans who have been able to maintain themselves 'relatively' high will now be plonked down one or more levels, doesn't concern them in the least. It's not nice, but it is the truth. There are quite a few threads about this.
    If that statement were even remotely true then they wouldn’t have gone to the trouble of balancing this issue for lower level town halls.
    they wouldn’t have bothered creating the starter challenges either.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Read the rest of that discussion and you’ll learn a thing or two about SC’s philosophy.
    If they don't earn money, what happen then?

Edit:
    Is it the small fish or the whales that make up the main income?
    Last edited by WarpeR; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:31 AM. Reason: More info