Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #0 - Clan Castle Donation Changes

Warriors are OP
    I think this topic is moving in a circle again and again. Now it's like beating a dead horse.
    This is similar to what happened on "sunsetting of global chat" thread.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #662
    Quote Originally Posted by jammer0816 View Post
    well...unfortunately...it is what it is...but this is a bad change IMO. Lower levels need some kind of protection and the CC is all they have. If same level...what good is it?
    Well it isn't same level, it is still two levels higher.

And why do they need higher level CC than they could provide anyhow?

If it is to defend/attack against higher level Town Halls, well they really shouldn't be able to do that successfully on a regular basis.

Pro Member
    Man I miss max lightning in cc as a th9... The damage was so finely tuned. I understand the cc nerf but why spells... Really makes the math anlot harder esp with zap
    Last edited by Wachichi; May 14th, 2021 at 02:12 AM.

Offense for the little accounts is the biggest issue, especially if they have to attack a higher th (which happens a lot in CWL). There's also a lot of lower th strategies that depended on max donations to work. I have at least 1 account of every th level. The changes have taken the fun out of playing the little ones. They just aren't strong enough to be able to do anything anymore. It's frustrating and irritating. If I were a new player, I'd probably end up quitting because it's not fun when it's a nearly impossible to 3 star a base even a little bit stronger than yours. They took away the excitement of hitting a bigger base successfully. And THAT is one of the best things in the game!!! The change has also made made it where people are having way too many "Heartbreakers" (90%+). That is extremely frustrating, especially when you know it would have been a 3 if they hadn't done the change. It was a VERY BAD idea! They should change it back.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    You're right. SC doesn't want you to exclude the low players. They don't care whether you include them or not. That's up to you.

However, I think you need to think about it a different way. What SC doesn't want is for you to get a big advantage for putting in those low players. That USED to be the way it was when the matchmaker did more of a "total weight" of the clan type matching system. Clans would put very low players on the bottom and match with clans that didn't do the same. The result was the clan with those very low players would have a disadvantage on the bottom, but an advantage almost everywhere else, including at the top. It was a way to easily get 100% against the other clan. The only time it didn't work is if they matched another clan doing the same.

THAT is what SC doesn't want. You can put them in, they just aren't going to give you an advantage. Start from that premise then take it from there. Now, what does SC do? The matchmaker tries to find you another clan doing the same thing, but that is very hard. Not many clans just throw in a th6 like you did. So, if the matchmaker cannot find a match like that, what is the next logical step? Basically to ignore that th6 in the calculations or to match you with another clan with low weight accounts, such as engineered accounts.

If my clan had a match like yours, our th6 would try to find some bombs on the enemy #1 or maybe lure the cc if they can. That helps our th14s attack after that. Exciting? No. If the th6 wants to join wars where they fight against other th6s, they probably need to join wars where they aren't in such an odd roster as the one you described. The good news for a th6 is, they are th8 very soon. And, if they do get into wars where th6s fight each other, they might like the fact that it isn't decided by just getting th14 troops in the cc to 3 star the enemy using nothing other than those cc troops.

Bringing this back to the topic of this thread, what is your proposed solution? Allow th6s to get max th14 troops in their cc so that th6 has a better chance of scraping out a star in your very odd roster/war? Even if that means in normal th6 wars where the th6s are fighting each other all it takes is the cc troops to 100% the enemy?
    I think you misunderstood what they were saying in their post. They didn't put the th6 in hoping for an easier match. They put them so the person could have fun and participate. I've been around long enough to remember the engineered clans. My clan was full of rushed accounts back then, so we were often on the wrong end of mismatches with engineered clans. But that wasn't what the person above was talking about. They were talking about having an eager th6 that wants to war but is being disadvantaged by the new donation rules. Furthermore, I agree with them!

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #666
    Quote Originally Posted by EmersumBigUns View Post
    Offense for the little accounts is the biggest issue, especially if they have to attack a higher th (which happens a lot in CWL). There's also a lot of lower th strategies that depended on max donations to work. I have at least 1 account of every th level. The changes have taken the fun out of playing the little ones. They just aren't strong enough to be able to do anything anymore. It's frustrating and irritating. If I were a new player, I'd probably end up quitting because it's not fun when it's a nearly impossible to 3 star a base even a little bit stronger than yours. They took away the excitement of hitting a bigger base successfully. And THAT is one of the best things in the game!!! The change has also made made it where people are having way too many "Heartbreakers" (90%+). That is extremely frustrating, especially when you know it would have been a 3 if they hadn't done the change. It was a VERY BAD idea! They should change it back.
    I'm sorry, I understand how frustrating you find it.,

But everything you have said shows why this change was actually necessary. It really should not be even possible to get three stars from a Town Hall two levels above you that isn't rushed or VERY badly designed. It certainly shouldn't be expected.

Even one level above you at the higher levels (really when you are anything above TH7) should normally be unlikely to get more than 2. And even at lower level, a near maxed, well designed base one level above should be hard to get three from.

And while you quite reasonably find it frustrating you can no longer do that, all those higher bases would have found it very frustrating to be tripled by lower bases in war.

It also means there is less incentive for those lower level accounts to progress to higher town halls - which goes very much against what SC want.

Quote Originally Posted by EmersumBigUns View Post
    I think you misunderstood what they were saying in their post. They didn't put the th6 in hoping for an easier match. They put them so the person could have fun and participate. I've been around long enough to remember the engineered clans. My clan was full of rushed accounts back then, so we were often on the wrong end of mismatches with engineered clans. But that wasn't what the person above was talking about. They were talking about having an eager th6 that wants to war but is being disadvantaged by the new donation rules. Furthermore, I agree with them!
    I never said that was the reason they put the th6 in.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I'm sorry, I understand how frustrating you find it.,

But everything you have said shows why this change was actually necessary. It really should not be even possible to get three stars from a Town Hall two levels above you that isn't rushed or VERY badly designed. It certainly shouldn't be expected.

Even one level above you at the higher levels (really when you are anything above TH7) should normally be unlikely to get more than 2. And even at lower level, a near maxed, well designed base one level above should be hard to get three from.

And while you quite reasonably find it frustrating you can no longer do that, all those higher bases would have found it very frustrating to be tripled by lower bases in war.

It also means there is less incentive for those lower level accounts to progress to higher town halls - which goes very much against what SC want.
    So the matchmaker has to be perfect every time? If all it needs is one team gets one more town hall level at any spot on the map to be given a greater advantage than previously isn't that more unfair to the team that gets the disadvantage ie a missmatch..or in the case of cwl a bad match? Wouldn't it be better, if instead of the matchmaker deciding who wins the war (in extreme cases)or an innactive cwl team being invulnerable to a team in their normal active tier, the higher skilled or more active team won or was able to at least recieve the awards they signed up for?
    It's entirely possible to 3* a decently leveled th12 currently with th11 (still recieving max troops) and rhe difficulty remains unchanged from th11 up. As always if this is happening you need to change your base. You deserve to be frustrated, you maybe lost the war with your bad design. A th8 attacking a th9, a th9 attacking a th10 or th10 attacking a th11 however is a lot harder than before and it was never easy. As far as encouraging people to level up their town hall is all well and good. But these three town hall levels are big and maybe one of the longest to grind out to get decently leveled even of your not a maxer.
    More concerning possibly is making the dip attacks easier. Dip attacks should be easy you could say. But part of the fun in this game for lower town hall players is being able to defend that dip attack aswell if the base is really good or the attacker is sloppy. So I don't think the attacker deserves that 2 levels on cc advantage on a dip attack. And this is part what I like about this donation change. As now in the th10 and lower range the dip attacks aren't receiving max troops anymore just 2 levels higher than their own.
    For the argument that only some clans can can get max troops donated and some clans can't. Many of those clans still can't get siege machines. Is it worth any unbalanced war being more unbalanced to save clans from what is essentially an element you can't save them from (Good donations in the clan)? When in the past an underdog in the fight was given more of a fighting chance if their clan was better at teaching, donating, base building, war strategy and attacking skills.
    It would be nice to have cc scaling. A logical cap in my opinion to this would be 3 levels higher than your own (one more than currently) when attacking a town hall one or more higher. 2 levels higher vs the same th level (same as now) one level higher when attacking a town hall one lower (one less than now) the same level as your own when attacking a town hall two levels or more lower than your own (2 less than now). Thee cc donation perk could be completly removed or the cc scaling could only take effect in wars.
    Last edited by Wachichi; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:00 AM.

There is no good solution. When I started the game, and tried to reach 1250 cup in TH3/TH4, I was very sad because those maxed defender troops. Nowdays, I was glad because the maxed troops defend well my little account. And, now, I completely ignore to support my little account, since it is completely useless because the weak troops. SuperCell's decision - my decision. // The absence of Super troops donation is much more painfull - because the events.

Quote Originally Posted by ExploringGalaxy View Post
    I think this topic is moving in a circle again and again. Now it's like beating a dead horse.
    This is similar to what happened on "sunsetting of global chat" thread.
    global chat? - closed, ok, but than SC should do a workable recruiting system. I just realised a bug 7 days before: my clan was open again since 2-3 months, and clan settings wasn't changed. Noone joined (i did not invete anyone in that time also). And as if by magic - since 5 days, about 20-30 guys join (and left) a day. There was no specials (it was before the CG). I think it was NOT happened because a something random system (or that system is very bad), because in the last 2 years I opened the clan without any result. I comment that SC changed only the chat language in the clan settings in the last update (much more before 7 days) - and this "bug" is located in the server side as i think.