Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #0 - Clan Castle Donation Changes

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #601
    Quote Originally Posted by Wachichi View Post
    I think he is saying its unfair because mismatches are even less balanced. He is definitely saying that his experience has suffered greatly due to not being able to 3* anymore. Not that the enemy can and he can't. Thats kind of valid imo.
    It isn't that the enemy can and he can't, it is that with the old system, he could, but the enemy often couldn't, because they had nobody in their clan able to donate such high level troops.

That is how it makes it more fair. It means that where a clan wars with only low level Town Halls, even though they have some high level ones, they no longer get a big advantage over a clan warring with the same levels, but without those high levels outside the war.

Obviously, in wars where both sides had some max TH bases, that wasn't the case, and it makes no difference to the "fairness" in those wars.

I keep hearing this "use a different roster" or dont do a big mixed town hall war. Not only is this sometimes impossible. 5 players in clan th13, th10, th9, th8, th8. (For simplest example) this line basically says their play style or experience isnt valid or something like that. But I think people its really fun and OK to "include the whole clan in war" for instance and it should be valid and sure they may get poor matchups sometimes because the variance is widened for the MM with so many town halls in but that can be ok. It used to be more ok thats the point. Now if the matchmaker isnt perfect its harder to come back from a bad matchup. I think the underdog deserves to be able to win sometimes. If they are more skilled and tactical. It makes the game more fun.
    Indeed. But "more skilled and tactical" isn't the same as "given maxed troops". And it should only be true to a quite limited extent. A good TH9 might be able to get 2 stars of quite a few Th11s, they really shouldn't be able to do so from reasonably designed Th12s.

Though this change is more about the even lower levels, and just how totally unbalanced maxed troops make attacks at those levels. Or defences if the attacker doesn't have maxed troops available.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupholder View Post

If your attacks depended on 30 housing space of a troop to 'win', you were clearly gaining an advantage which not everyone had. Now it is a more even playing field,
    Seriously? Quit making stuff up. There was no advantage or uneven playing field. Everyone knew where to go to get troops. Look at how many req and leaves there are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

Well try setting up a roster that will get reasonable matches then. Don't have rosters ranging from TH13 down to TH7 for instance, those are rare enough that the MM finds it very hard to get a "fair" match.
    LOL -- can't fix their matchmaking so they are going to force everyone into boring 1 town hall level wars gotcha
    Last edited by Ajax; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:15 PM. Reason: fixed quoting

What a daft idea. Change it back.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #605
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessKeys View Post
    LOL -- can't fix their matchmaking so they are going to force everyone into boring 1 town hall level wars gotcha
    No one said wars should only be 1 hall level. But a tighter spread makes fo a better match.
    Extreme spreads in town halls when searching for wars isn’t something the matchmaker can fix unless it starts janking people out of clans and randomly throw them together for a mirrored match. There’s also such a thing as a reasonable time to find a match or would you rather wait a week or longer for a perfect match ?

Seriously? Quit making stuff up. There was no advantage or uneven playing field. Everyone knew where to go to get troops. Look at how many req and leaves there are out there.
    Quit denying that this wasn’t a legitimate complaint heard quite regularly. Req and leave clans don’t really work for defensive CCs either now do they.
    Sounds like a lot of sour grapes here.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

I don't understand one thing, when they did not have TH 9-13 troops, did they not still 3 star all at lower THs.
    This update also nerfs defence, so it's not like you'll see a Lvl 4 edrag in CC with your Lvl 2 Edrag.
    THis update just makes you use your 150 capacity rather then the 20 CC space more
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi

Centennial Club
    Complaints about mismatch in clan wars make no sense since it top half of the roster is what is taken into the count the most. In past people purposefully tried to trick matchmaking putting weak ths in roster to gain unfair advantage at the top. So if you do not have extremely strong top half your lower half will get better matchup. If you do not do that,your fault bcz you unintentionally tried to roster engineer.

Now about hit-ups in general. I enjoy them and I practiced them A LOT, too much actually. That has been my favourite thing to do in game for more than two years. I did them in various situations (trophy pushing, some clan wars or CWL...) with wide range of th(2-10) and my conclusion is that th8 hit-up vs 9,10 IS irrelevant. Hit-up with th9 and th10 helped in CWL a lot so let's focus how this update impacted them.

Th10 vs 11 or 12 basically no change at all and this is speaking from experience. If you relied on log launcher in th10 vs 11 (3* only!!!) attempts, yeah, it is a bit harder, but if the strategy is good you will still have decent 3* hit up rate in CWL (at the end of cwl my th10 has 17-20*).

Th9 vs 10 or 11 is only relevant change (especially since it cannot access to super wizz or super giants). If someone complains about this then alright. However, this is literally ONE out of 14 Ths lvls that suffers from this change and that is ONLY true in CWL HIT UP...This is wonderful change for th9 v 9 balance since that th will become harder to 3* a little bit, which means that it will become more relevant for clan wars.
    Last edited by NizaZiza; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:26 PM.

I agree the matchmaking should be looked at in detail. There is absolutely no reason that a clan should not be able to have a full range of townhalls going from TH2 all the way to TH14 and be matched with another clan that is at least close to being equal. Not only does this help with the social dynamic of the clan by having “new” players more involved, it also adds to the fun factor.
    As time goes on and TH levels continue to go up the lower townhalls will disappear because people who have multiple accounts will not be able to keep up with advancing them, so they will just eventually fade away into the sunset, and I believe there are a lot of those types of people who have many many accounts, take myself for example, I have 6 accounts ranging from TH8 to now a new TH14, I will not be advancing any of my lower townhalls, not because I don’t want to necessarily, but because it takes and exuberant amount of time which I can only devote to my main account, so the rest I guess will just become obsolete. And if that is what SC wants then I suppose they have accomplished their goal.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    I agree the matchmaking should be looked at in detail. There is absolutely no reason that a clan should not be able to have a full range of townhalls going from TH2 all the way to TH14 and be matched with another clan that is at least close to being equal. Not only does this help with the social dynamic of the clan by having “new” players more involved, it also adds to the fun factor.
    As time goes on and TH levels continue to go up the lower townhalls will disappear because people who have multiple accounts will not be able to keep up with advancing them, so they will just eventually fade away into the sunset, and I believe there are a lot of those types of people who have many many accounts, take myself for example, I have 6 accounts ranging from TH8 to now a new TH14, I will not be advancing any of my lower townhalls, not because I don’t want to necessarily, but because it takes and exuberant amount of time which I can only devote to my main account, so the rest I guess will just become obsolete. And if that is what SC wants then I suppose they have accomplished their goal.
    You can thank the players that exploited matchmaking when entire roster was considered (to some extent). Now matchmaker matches top half most of the time and that helps in preventing the advantages in top of the roster (which is the most important for the war outcome). That is also good because match is found relatively quickly. If you want matchmaker to heavily include lower half, matchmaking time might increase by (not 2x) actually exponentially (4x) taking maybe days to match (not fun at all).

You want lower hall to be included and matched fairly? Do not put them in roster with th14. Or make baby clan, which is now easier since NO longer low town halls need to rely on max lvl troops in CC, and you can run wars with low th mostly.

So this update helps lower ths to be included in wars. 1)they are more relevant since no longer can you 3* e.g. th5 with only CC troops and 2) making baby clan is easier since more ths are now relevant for donating so you won't be missing access to CC troops in baby clans.
    Last edited by NizaZiza; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:39 PM.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #610
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    Theoretically the matchmaking could be tightened so far that it would only find you an exact match of your clan.
    But then one shouldn’t complain that match making could potentially take forever or that you’re matched with the same very few clans over and over again if a clan runs such an odd line up. Since you are looking for that needle in a hay stack.
    There has to be a balance between a reasonable match and a reasonable match time, if one of these conditions aren’t met the game is unplayable.

Lets get real here. Most of these war mismatch complaints with regards to this change stems from clans figuring out how to spin the matchmaker so that they get a favorable match and beat up a weaker clan. And that field just got changed a bit.
    Furthermore a lot of people seem to think a “fair” match is one they will always win. You win some, you lose some. Some matches will be easier and some will be more difficult. C’est la vie.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG