Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #0 - Clan Castle Donation Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    it would be wise if you did a little basic research into Supercell's philosophy before commenting further. When the time comes to turn off the Clash servers, the decision will almost certainly be the Clash team's alone; not Supercell's and certainly not Tencent's. The reason Clash is still going strong after 8½ years, is precisely because they focus on the game itself, not on how to monetize it.
    Startup businesses have a common theme where the original team is enamored with their product and attempt to keep those values a part of the culture. We saw this with Apple & Wozniak, and its repeated throughout business history. I didn't say I wasn't interested, only that it doesn't matter.

The credibility in my post comes from specific quotes from Tencent's annual report regarding new features to further monetize games to increase revenue. This company is a juggernaut that owns the majority share in the consortium that owns 80%+ of Supercell. Based on their $8B investment, they definitely have a timeline to recoup that and make a profit.

That was my point - SC's teams can keep the game alive with new features, etc, but the Corporate Leadership of SC needs to meet revenue commitments to Tencent - that's how business works. And if at any time Tencent thinks that the runway for future profitable growth has ended with COC, they will either shut it down or (most likely) sell it back to a group content to keep a niche game going.

I have been in game since May 2014 and have enjoyed the ride. I have spent a decent amount on my 6 accts over this time ($1000+) but luckily have the discretionary income to do so. Incidentally my wife hates this game & points how productive I could be without it. Nope!!!
    My issue here (along with that of my clan mates, all adults in the business world) is a change that wipes benefits we worked for getting our clan to L19 simply to push others ( our opinion, you are welcome to yours) to upgrade sooner beyond TH10, to change behavior & meet a business model.
    Last edited by Gorf; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorf View Post
    My issue here (along with that of my clan mates, all adults in the business world) is a change that wipes benefits we worked for getting our clan to L19 simply to push others ( our opinion, you are welcome to yours) to upgrade sooner beyond TH10, to change behavior & meet a business model.
    The +2 levels on donations still works. Some players can't receive donations that high, but it still works. It actually allows more lower players to donate since their fellow low players don't feel like they must wait for a player with max troops to donate.

As for changing behavior and a business model, you're making those conclusions by first wrongly assuming why the change was made. The change wasn't made to encourage players to upgrade. Do you know what one of the most common replies was to players who used to complain about max cc troops at lower hall levels? The common replies were "you will upgrade quickly and won't have to deal with it anymore very soon" or even "just upgrade then you don't have to worry about it."

The change was made for game-play reasons. Low hall players have long complained that it was "unfair" when they were destroyed by other low hall players who had max cc troops because they didn't have anyone in their clan with max cc troops. Also, even players with access to max cc troops complained that the max cc just destroyed the whole base on attacks (th6 and below) or was way too powerful and that it would be more fun to reduce the power of the offensive and defensive cc at lower hall levels. Those complaints were BEFORE there were th14 level troops, which would only increase the problem.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

I will accept your Explanation re: lower levels bc it’s been a while since I had an acct below TH9. I/my clan only click the Check Box for max troops during war, encouraging people to get their daily’ donations and challenges done.

Regarding the push to upgrade, knowing what I know about TenCent and especially Corporate behavior change via compensation/target setting, as well as SC’s past history of giving the new toys mostly to the high levels I think it provides a convenient cover to their ulterior motive to get people to move up.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #494
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorf View Post
    Regarding the push to upgrade, knowing what I know about TenCent and especially Corporate behavior change via compensation/target setting, as well as SC’s past history of giving the new toys mostly to the high levels I think it provides a convenient cover to their ulterior motive to get people to move up.
    What you know about Supercell appears to be nothing.,

There has been absolutely nothing you have said regarding your "knowledge of Tencent". Which has any relevance whatsoever to how and why Supercell act, so please stop trying to pretend you have some sort of superior knowledge.

And as for it being "a convenient cover to their ulterior motive to get people to move up" I really don't understand why you believe it might particularly encourage people to move up.

But of course, it is no secret that Supercell have always seen Clash as a game of progression, and they prefer people to move up than to stagnate. They don't need any "convenient cover" for that. They have been quite open and above board about the fact they would like to see people progress, and many of the changes they have brought in have been specifically designed to make that easier.

You show with every post that you really don't understand the mindset and business philosophy of Supercell.;

I won’t mince words. This is HORRIBLE. It makes no sense. It accomplishes nothing but making dedicated clashers angry. Whether both CC’s have nerfed troops or high level troops it doesn’t matter. It is fair both ways but nerfing the donations effectively removes a clan perk. I don’t think Supercell is doing it for money, I just think it is a bonehead decision. Quit nullifying the clan perks we have worked so hard for. Nullify no more, forever!!! Give me back my clan donation upgrade perk Supercell!!! Upgrade Perks now, Upgrade perks tomorrow, Upgrade perks FOREVER!!!!!!

I have a perma TH8 since 2015 and the affects seem negligible from a hog attacker's perspective. I was against it early being apart of a donation clan, but really haven't seen many guests complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by FMdC92 View Post
    Don't try to understand the forums. It's a magical land of disagreement and ego self-inflation. Keep your head down and try to survive..

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #497
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyKris View Post
    I won’t mince words. This is HORRIBLE. It makes no sense. It accomplishes nothing but making dedicated clashers angry. Whether both CC’s have nerfed troops or high level troops it doesn’t matter. It is fair both ways but nerfing the donations effectively removes a clan perk. I don’t think Supercell is doing it for money, I just think it is a bonehead decision. Quit nullifying the clan perks we have worked so hard for. Nullify no more, forever!!! Give me back my clan donation upgrade perk Supercell!!! Upgrade Perks now, Upgrade perks tomorrow, Upgrade perks FOREVER!!!!!!
    It doesn’t remove the clan perk at all. The perks remain very much in tact. I don’t get how people come to the conclusion it makes perks useless.

With this change many more players can actually donate the same troop.
    It wasn’t fair for all because it was a legitimate complaint from lots of players in lower town halls that over powered CCs ruined their day.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

It does remove the Perk

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    It doesn’t remove the clan perk at all. The perks remain very much in tact. I don’t get how people come to the conclusion it makes perks useless.

With this change many more players can actually donate the same troop.
    It wasn’t fair for all because it was a legitimate complaint from lots of players in lower town halls that over powered CCs ruined their day.

The upgrade perk is achieved by the clan and now can only be enjoyed by the players at the top of the clan who already have high level troops. And the low level TH’s are now practically suicide attackers in clan wars. Our lowest level TH usually has to end up attach 1-2 TH’s up. With nerfed CC troops there is no chance in Hades they can win. And what do the XP from clan wars get you anyway? Nerfed perks.
    Last edited by MightyKris; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:42 PM.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #499
    The upgrade perk is achieved by the clan and now can only be enjoyed by the players at the top of the clan who already have high level troops. And the low level TH’s are now practically suicide attackers in clan wars. Our lowest level TH usually has to end up attach 1-2 TH’s up. With nerfed CC troops there is no chance in Hades they can win. And what do the XP from clan wars get you anyway? Nerfed perks.
    It doesn’t remove the upgrade perk.
    The fact that maxed players could donate maxed troops to low players has and had nothing to do with the perk.

Players who have troops 1 or 2 levels below max can still donate maxed troops to their equals or maxed players.
    If a TH7 donates to a TH7 the +2 perk still applies like it would have done before the change.
    Thing is in the old days for a TH7 to get the best dragon only a TH11-13 could donate. Which probably soon moves up to 12-14.
    Now a TH7 (with lvl 2), TH8, TH9, TH10, TH11, TH12, TH13 AND TH14 can all donate the same dragon to a TH7.

It isn't nerfed perks. They have nothing to do with this. Yes the troop levels are capped but no perks were hurt in this process.

If you start screaming about wars then lets look at it realistically shall we.
    Your little guys are supposed to attack little guys. The fact they’re attacking 1-2 halls up to save the war and depend on maxed troops in CC is an indicator that at those levels those CCs are broken. Your opposing clans when the match is in your favor will face the same issues. Either way attacking 2 halls up with a good result is absurd and shouldn’t be the norm. Flip it around. How would you feel if you got trashed by 2 halls below you.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #500
    It does the exact opposite of nullifying clan perks.

Previously, if you had +2 perks, and had a range of players up to max, only those at TH11 could donate and get the full benefit of the perk. TH12 could get +1, TH13 got no benefit. And nobody below TH10 could normally donate, since everybody wanted max.

Now that nobody can get more than 2 lab levels above what their TH can produce, ANYBODY from TH11 down can get the full benefit of that +2 perk when donating to others of their own level. Far more players will now be able to donate with the benefit of the clan perks.

And as for it making no sense, it actually made no sense to allow max level donations. It gave those low level players who happened to have a high level player in their clan and willing to donate a MASSIVE advantage over those (probably the majority) who didn't.

This has resulted in MANY complaints over the years from players discouraged by coming up against troops they simply couldn't beat.