Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 662

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #0 - Clan Castle Donation Changes

  1. #611
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post

    ...Lets get real here. Most of these war mismatch complaints with regards to this change stems from clans figuring out how to spin the matchmaker so that they get a favorable match and beat up a weaker clan. ...
    I agree. Definitely the most prevalent scenario. My clan was doing this, especially me. I had th8,th4 and th2 for roster engineering and we used them with th13 etc. However, we did not gain any significant advantage in the upper half and our lower half of roster usually got matched against higher ths so we realised that tricking matchmaker is hard, as it should be.

  2. #612
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    I agree the matchmaking should be looked at in detail. There is absolutely no reason that a clan should not be able to have a full range of townhalls going from TH2 all the way to TH14 and be matched with another clan that is at least close to being equal.
    The reason is there are relatively few clans doing that. The matchmaker can't create opponents out of thin air, it tries to find a similar opponent. Clans with wide spreads or odd combinations or missing halls make it hard on the matchmaker to find a very similar clan to match against. This difficulty is increased for clans not doing the sizes with the biggest pools of clans, which were 10v and 15v the last I heard.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  3. #613
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    545
    The sole reason the matchmaking process comes into the spotlight here is simple.

    You get two attacks. If you have any form of slight advantage your 2nd attacks from your top players just squash anyone below you.
    For instance in my war today.
    Me and the other th14 squashed players 1-4 who were a mediocre 13s and 12s.
    My no3 and 4 then match off against 2x th12s but VERY weak ones and then voilà they faceroll the th11s and the cascade of power begins.
    The cc isn't going to stop that at all but seems the reason for the change.
    You don't get this opportunity or method in cwl.

    If anything, they should have prevented 1st place taking on 15/20/30th with just the Queen Just because they have the spare attack and the new guy mirroring just failed miserably.

    Or... Just or . implement what some popular MMOs did when they faced off against some OP opponent. Battle levelling. If they are facing troops or a mismatched townhall, give them a damage / health / both buff proportional to the th difference to bring them up.

    If for instance th9 is matched against a level 11 which happens a LOT and all they can really do is LaLoon someone, buff thier troops in the war mode only to th11 plus say 15% to compensate for the lack of camp space. Permanent power pot scaled off the opponent for instance.
    Put in some auto detect feature for the CC and again this eliminates the QQ over someone having a sup minion in thier cc and wipes out some lowly base.
    This wouldn't have happened also if sup minions didn't exist. Perhaps also if SC do evaluate this change again they could look at the 12 housing space... I mean sup archers are 12 also.. the difference is night and day. I haven't ever seen anyone use them.

  4. #614
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    3,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    The sole reason the matchmaking process comes into the spotlight here is simple.

    You get two attacks. If you have any form of slight advantage your 2nd attacks from your top players just squash anyone below you.
    For instance in my war today.
    Me and the other th14 squashed players 1-4 who were a mediocre 13s and 12s.
    My no3 and 4 then match off against 2x th12s but VERY weak ones and then voilà they faceroll the th11s and the cascade of power begins.
    The cc isn't going to stop that at all but seems the reason for the change.
    You don't get this opportunity or method in cwl.

    If anything, they should have prevented 1st place taking on 15/20/30th with just the Queen Just because they have the spare attack and the new guy mirroring just failed miserably.

    Or... Just or . implement what some popular MMOs did when they faced off against some OP opponent. Battle levelling. If they are facing troops or a mismatched townhall, give them a damage / health / both buff proportional to the th difference to bring them up.

    If for instance th9 is matched against a level 11 which happens a LOT and all they can really do is LaLoon someone, buff thier troops in the war mode only to th11 plus say 15% to compensate for the lack of camp space. Permanent power pot scaled off the opponent for instance.
    Put in some auto detect feature for the CC and again this eliminates the QQ over someone having a sup minion in thier cc and wipes out some lowly base.
    This wouldn't have happened also if sup minions didn't exist. Perhaps also if SC do evaluate this change again they could look at the 12 housing space... I mean sup archers are 12 also.. the difference is night and day. I haven't ever seen anyone use them.
    The minute you suggest that a TH9 matches a TH11, you lose credibility. There is no hall to hall matching, it is entire roster weight matching. All your suggestion does is create a different form of engineering than we have today.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesn’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #615
    Kaptain Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    adieu farewell auf wiedersehen goodbye
    Posts
    12,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    If for instance th9 is matched against a level 11 which happens a LOT ..
    That’s not how it works. There is no 1 person clan war. A TH9 isn’t matched with a TH11 even if they are each other’s “mirror”
    A clan war is matched as a whole clan. People often pull one pair who are placed on the same number in the war line up to make some sort of point however it doesn’t work that way. The matchmaking doesn’t work that way.

    Even IF it worked that way (which it doesn’t) then your opponent is on the favorable end so he would perceive it not to be an issue. Next time you’re on the favorable end of a certain position on the war map. Maybe you already have that in the very same war but you never hear about those.

    Nevertheless this thread is and was about the clan castle changes and we are diving far too deep into war matchmaking discussion which is a different subject.

    Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

    Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

  6. #616
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    That’s not how it works. There is no 1 person clan war. A TH9 isn’t matched with a TH11 even if they are each other’s “mirror”
    A clan war is matched as a whole clan. People often pull one pair who are placed on the same number in the war line up to make some sort of point however it doesn’t work that way. The matchmaking doesn’t work that way.

    Even IF it worked that way (which it doesn’t) then your opponent is on the favorable end so he would perceive it not to be an issue. Next time you’re on the favorable end of a certain position on the war map. Maybe you already have that in the very same war but you never hear about those.

    Nevertheless this thread is and was about the clan castle changes and we are diving far too deep into war matchmaking discussion which is a different subject.
    Neither you or tostie read that right at all.

    15v15 war.

    10th place on team 1 is a th9.
    10th place on team 2 is a th11.

    Ergo th9 matches a th11.
    Crikey you lot love jumping on the assault wagon without thinking properly. As if you've never had a lower th mirror a higher th.

    And I'll expand on this further. It's perfectly within the topic. This COMMON mis matchmaking causes the th9 to be a significant attack disadvantage and has little hope of fending off the th9...

    Unless they get 2 lvl10 super minions in the cc.
    So ask yourself before rage replying, what is more fair. A slightly buffed CC, or the th11 getting an easy meal?
    Last edited by Thesuperbeast; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:25 PM.

  7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #617
    Kaptain Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    adieu farewell auf wiedersehen goodbye
    Posts
    12,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    Neither you or tostie read that right at all.

    15v15 war.

    10th place on team 1 is a th9.
    10th place on team 2 is a th11.

    Ergo th9 matches a th11.
    Crikey you lot love jumping on the assault wagon without thinking properly. As if you've never had a lower th mirror a higher th.
    Your conclusion is wrong.
    We both read it right. You didn’t understand what we said.
    I even explicitly wrote that even if the bases have the same position on the war map (= exactly the same as the example you’re giving) then still a TH9 did not match a TH11..

    When will people understand you’re matched as a clan with all 15 bases versus 15 other bases ?
    A group of 15 bases matched another group of 15 bases. Your number 10 happens to be a TH9 where the opposing clan happens to be a TH11. But that doesn’t mean a TH9 matched a TH11.

    Clan war matching isn’t about mirrors. This whole mirror nonsense is a flawed approach.
    Last edited by Kaptain Kat; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:29 PM.

    Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

    Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

  8. #618
    Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    Neither you or tostie read that right at all.

    15v15 war.

    10th place on team 1 is a th9.
    10th place on team 2 is a th11.

    Ergo th9 matches a th11.
    Crikey you lot love jumping on the assault wagon without thinking properly. As if you've never had a lower th mirror a higher th.

    And I'll expand on this further. It's perfectly within the topic. This COMMON mis matchmaking causes the th9 to be a significant attack disadvantage and has little hope of fending off the th9...

    Unless they get 2 lvl10 super minions in the cc.
    So ask yourself before rage replying, what is more fair. A slightly buffed CC, or the th11 getting an easy meal?
    Just because people disagree with you does not mean they are "rage replying" or "jumping on the assault wagon," they are expressing their viewpoints which contradict yours. Just because they disagree with you does not mean they follow a hivemind mentality to where they get angry when it is challenged. I'm sure we're all reasonable people here, so you talking as such just makes your point look worse.

  9. #619
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Your conclusion is wrong.
    We both read it right. You didn’t understand what we said.
    I even explicitly wrote that even if the bases have the same position on the war map (= exactly the same as the example you’re giving) then still a TH9 did not match a TH11..

    When will people understand you’re matched as a clan with all 15 bases versus 15 other bases ?
    A group of 15 bases matched another group of 15 bases. Your number 10 happens to be a TH9 where the opposing clan happens to be a TH11. But that doesn’t mean a TH9 matched a TH11.

    Clan war matching isn’t about mirrors. This whole mirror nonsense is a flawed approach.
    Right so. By your logic.

    Team 1. Team 2.
    1. Th14. Th.14
    2. Th14. Th13
    3. Th13. Th13
    4. Th12. Th12
    5. Th12. Th12
    6. Th11. Th12
    7. Th11. Th12
    8. Th9. Th11
    9. Th9. Th11
    10. Th8. Th10

    If the mirror format doesn't do it. Please explain who has matched with who?

    You're more than welcome to join and my clan right now, as this is what's going on?

    Who are 8-10 supposed to attack and have any chance of success with now, without the helped of buffed cc troops?
    Just have a wasted attack at No1 I guess to tell me (No1) what troops are in the cc? Well that sounds like fun for him.

  10. #620
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    Neither you or tostie read that right at all.

    15v15 war.

    10th place on team 1 is a th9.
    10th place on team 2 is a th11.

    Ergo th9 matches a th11.
    Crikey you lot love jumping on the assault wagon without thinking properly. As if you've never had a lower th mirror a higher th.

    And I'll expand on this further. It's perfectly within the topic. This COMMON mis matchmaking causes the th9 to be a significant attack disadvantage and has little hope of fending off the th9...

    Unless they get 2 lvl10 super minions in the cc.
    So ask yourself before rage replying, what is more fair. A slightly buffed CC, or the th11 getting an easy meal?
    You got multiple answers already. Everyone knows this happens. Probably everyone here at least once was in "unfair" or really unfair situation.

    So ask yourself. Is your th9 teammate number 7. or higher[1.-6.] (upper half of roster)? No. So your example is even more irrelevant since outcome of the wars in 99.99% of the cases depends on the strongest bases.

    You want matchmaking to match by number/ to individualy match weight of each th in the roster? If yes, that would ruin game for everyone making matchmaking process "infinitely" long.

    Edit: How long have you played this game? I am surprised you don't know how matchmaking was abused in past using roaters similar to yours (sort of).
    Last edited by NizaZiza; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:56 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •