Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #0 - Clan Castle Donation Changes

Can someone explain how the donation changes do not affect the clan perks? I stopped receiving troops that are 2 levels up and some members in our clan have even gotten a lower level.

Tollboothwillie
    Quote Originally Posted by mischievousx3 View Post
    Can someone explain how the donation changes do not affect the clan perks? I stopped receiving troops that are 2 levels up and some members in our clan have even gotten a lower level.
    What th are you, your cc, your clan level?
    What th is trying to donate and what level troop is it?

Also did you read the first post in this thread?

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #593
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrain View Post
    We are a lvl 15v clan and the update killed the 2 lvl up donation perk. A th11 cannot donate max to a higher th as they could. Some of the reductions from a th13 donation have been push down to a lvl 2 troop for a th8.
    Much of the allure to newer COC players was getting that cc max troop for raids & war. The clan lvl and xp now mean even less, and make it more difficult for the newbie players to stick with the game.
    This change is one of the worst in 5 years, along with removing the dalily trap reset.
    *Though this one seems to be driving players away, and making the whole game value plummet. Coleaders and myself are very disappointed.
    It has "killed" the perk because TH11 can no longer donate max troops to lower Town Halls?

And that is the ONLY Town hall for which it has actually done that much damage to the perk. Your TH13/TH14 players didn't get any benefit from it already. Your Th12s only benefited from +1 even if your clan had +2.

But now, every Town hall can donate to others of their own level, gaining full benefit from the perk.

So Town halls up to and including TH10 can now donate to their own level or lower, where previo0usly they wouldn't have been able to donate at all.

So the perk is much improved, rather than being "killed".

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #594
    Quote Originally Posted by mischievousx3 View Post
    No, we can't explain how they "don't affect clan perks", because they do.

If you have stopped receiving troops that are two levels up, then you were previously receiving troops donated by people at least two levels above you, so those troops were at least 4 levels up from what you could brew.

Now, if somebody your own level donates to you, then you will get troops two levels up - which will be the same you will get if anybody above you donates.

Equally, you can donate to other players of the same Town Hall as yourself, and they will receive troops two levels higher.

The only time the perks no longer apply is when you are donating to players two levels below you (and they only half apply if donating one level below you).

THIS CHANGE SUCKS!!!!! It's only made it harder for the smaller accounts to attack. Many people have strategies that depend on MAX troops being donated. Now the smaller accounts are failing across the board. I can't believe how many 90%+ attacks I've seen since this change!!!! Attacks that would have been easy 3s.
    Furthermore, it's making mismatches even more unfair! The lower accounts can't get 2 star snipes now, and their bases have even less defense against attacks by bigger bases.
    THIS WAS THE STUPIDEST CHANGE EVER!!!!!! Everyone in our 7 clan family with an account th10 or under is MAD!!!!! And I'm betting we aren't the only ones!!!!! You guys need to walk this change back!!!! It's a complete DISASTER!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EmersumBigUns View Post
    THIS CHANGE SUCKS!!!!! It's only made it harder for the smaller accounts to attack. Many people have strategies that depend on MAX troops being donated. Now the smaller accounts are failing across the board. I can't believe how many 90%+ attacks I've seen since this change!!!! Attacks that would have been easy 3s.
    Furthermore, it's making mismatches even more unfair! The lower accounts can't get 2 star snipes now, and their bases have even less defense against attacks by bigger bases.
    THIS WAS THE STUPIDEST CHANGE EVER!!!!!! Everyone in our 7 clan family with an account th10 or under is MAD!!!!! And I'm betting we aren't the only ones!!!!! You guys need to walk this change back!!!! It's a complete DISASTER!!!!!
    So your complaint appears to be that you now have to attack fairly and actually try to get a 3-star.
    Max TH13
    Max BH9
    110/111 Achievements - Shattered and Scattered III 1,609/4,000
    XP Level 238 - 6,003/28,500 to 239 - 1,704,033/36,310,530 to 500

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #597
    So basically you are saying it sucks because it makes it fair.

Previously your smaller accounts were depending on things that many of their opponents would not have been able to get, in order to get triples their attacking skills didn't deserve.

Well try setting up a roster that will get reasonable matches then. Don't have rosters ranging from TH13 down to TH7 for instance, those are rare enough that the MM finds it very hard to get a "fair" match.

Not going to happen. Max CC troops were making it more and more unbalanced at lower levels, and the problem was only going to get worse as more troop levels were released. This was a necessary change, and is certain to remain.

Millennial Club
    So, now you need to actually learn how to attack... how your troops work to take down a base rather then just rely on maxed troops and less needed skill to do the job.

I wonder how this “stupid” change ranks among other changes everyone complained about when they came out... surly the game won’t survive this one!

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH14 | AQ: L80 | BK: 76 | GW 55 | RC: 30| Max Trophies: 5500+

Centennial Club
    The rage is real here. Chill. Try to be less ragey and be more constructive.

If your attacks depended on 30 housing space of a troop to 'win', you were clearly gaining an advantage which not everyone had. Now it is a more even playing field, so instead of using that CC space as a crutch, actually learn to use what your TH has available, and strategize to that.

This change affected everyone. Like everything else, learn to adapt and win or continue banging your head on the wall. They will not "walk this change back" just because you said so.
    Gonna leave this here so I don't have to search every time someone says "help I can't get in touch with support"

Clash of Clans customer support: https://help.supercellsupport.com/cl...tact-form.html

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    So basically you are saying it sucks because it makes it fair.

Previously your smaller accounts were depending on things that many of their opponents would not have been able to get, in order to get triples their attacking skills didn't deserve
    I think he is saying its unfair because mismatches are even less balanced. He is definitely saying that his experience has suffered greatly due to not being able to 3* anymore. Not that the enemy can and he can't. Thats kind of valid imo.

Well try setting up a roster that will get reasonable matches then. Don't have rosters ranging from TH13 down to TH7 for instance, those are rare enough that the MM finds it very hard to get a "fair" match.
    I keep hearing this "use a different roster" or dont do a big mixed town hall war. Not only is this sometimes impossible. 5 players in clan th13, th10, th9, th8, th8. (For simplest example) this line basically says their play style or experience isnt valid or something like that. But I think people its really fun and OK to "include the whole clan in war" for instance and it should be valid and sure they may get poor matchups sometimes because the variance is widened for the MM with so many town halls in but that can be ok. It used to be more ok thats the point. Now if the matchmaker isnt perfect its harder to come back from a bad matchup. I think the underdog deserves to be able to win sometimes. If they are more skilled and tactical. It makes the game more fun.

Not going to happen. Max CC troops were making it more and more unbalanced at lower levels, and the problem was only going to get worse as more troop levels were released. This was a necessary change, and is certain to remain.
    That is kinda true they wont go back on this change.
    Last edited by Ajax; April 20th, 2021 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Fixed quoting