Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #0 - Clan Castle Donation Changes

Humming "The Soft Goodbye" Please see my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorf View Post
    I don’t need direct knowledge of Tencent’s involvement (if any) in SC’s day to day operations. Having been in management for 30+ yrs at a Fortune 100 company I have seen corporate targets handed down by the C suite based on the revenues they need to deliver to their Shareholders, in this case Tencent.

If you have any question about Tencent’s goals, I point you to their website at tencent.com to see how their Online gaming grew year over year in 2020 to represent 32% of a RMB482B revenue stream. And from their Annual report, “In January 2021, we released the biggest-ever update for Honour of Kings with a new hero, skins and user interface.” Gee, that sounds VERY familiar!

You questioned why I felt this was a cash grab? Everything they do is about that – reread the sentence above re: skins on their other game. My 1st original paragraph in Post #394 details my thoughts on that. They are trying to change player behavior to their advantage & make it easier to help people off the F2P model with the desire for better troops & with $2.99 “7X value paks”, etc. Next thing these players will do is step up buy a Pass or 2 @ $4.99. Maybe not a lot, but it all adds up to huge profits.
    Fascinating. Thank you for sharing your insight gained from working at a corporation.

Do you recall Darian replying to your post with his insight about independence of game teams and culture of trust at Supercell? If you missed it, I'd like to suggest you read it.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12467627
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:18 AM. Reason: atrocious misspelling
    Dedicating "The Soft Goodbye" to the Supercell forums and the people who made it an awesome community, the brightest star in the evening sky.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDVgb4pJMdI

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #512
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyKris View Post
    It isn’t about demolishing a whole base, it’s about having any chance at all. If matchmaking gave us clans with TH’s that matched up it wouldn’t be an issue. But we almost always get matched so the lower level TH’s have to attack up. Chances were slim before, now they are non existent.
    In that case, fix your lineup.

If you are regularly getting matched with clans where your lower Town Halls have to hit up, then there is an issue with your lineup.

CWL is different of course, you aren't actually "matched" there at all. Bute even there, I can't think of any good reason why players should be able to regularly get 1-2 stars from bases two town halls above them

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #513
    Quote Originally Posted by AzzaTheGiant View Post
    I will admit that this change does impact the ability to hit up. But this should only be felt in cwl where matches can be wildly out. Believe me I have experienced this with my th7 and th9. But I also think that getting a few lvls lower of a small portion of ur army should totally break ur whole attack either.
    For regular war. This change should only make a fairer playing field for lower bases. I don't get the talk of hitting up. R ur match ups that bad? If so then why. Maybe look at why this is. We do a th9 down to 6 or 7 and usually get decent matches.
    Also for bases th9 and under, the goal should be 3 stars. No need to hit up for 2 so a 9 can drop to an 8. If 8s and 9s aren't tripling their own then might b time to look into this issue.
    Well yes attacking up will definitely get a more difficult in wars. I certainly wouldnít deny that.
    But also keep in mind that in the lower TH regions if youíre attacking up the defending CC will also be a little weaker. The TH9 in this example wonít have maxed troops either anymore in the defending CC (when attacked by that TH7 in the example).

Nevertheless attacking up should be extremely difficult. It used to be so that only players playing for the second time around could attack up and get away with a 2 star every now and then and mostly either fail or 1 star at best. New players struggled even more. Now itís almost becoming the norm and thatís not good for the game as a whole because thereís an unbalance there.
    It is unrealistic to expect a solid 2 star in a good % of attacks that are 2 townhalls up.

because if you look at the other side of that battle.. the TH9 who was 2 starred by that 7 must think why should I bother to build and upgrade if Iím so easily destroyed. Theyíre completely demotivated by that.
    if you look at multiplayer how much fun is it for a TH6 to fail on a TH4 because he doesnít have maxed troops but the TH4 has maxed something in his CC. These things have gotten really unbalanced over time.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

It isn’t about demolishing a whole base, it’s about having any chance at all. If matchmaking gave us clans with TH’s that matched up it wouldn’t be an issue. But we almost always get matched so the lower level TH’s have to attack up. Chances were slim before, now they are non existent.
    Simple solution. Do not do cwl for a while. Or learn to treat it as pure medal farming. And repeat after me a thousand times, there is no cwl matchmaking. Random clans in the same tier. Period. The recipient gets troops 2 levels higher than thier lab level. It is still a benefit. Maybe stop ranting for a while and see how it goes in cwl. Honestly, if you have such a low lineup, you are wasting time in cwl and should stick with regular. The few medals you get are probably not worth the frustration
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Centennial Club
    Now the lower level THís attacking up in CWL with nerfed CC troops get to be discouraged. And the higher THís canít help level the playing field at all because they just have to watch as their donations are DOWNGRADED 2-4 levels. Smaller clans with fewer active players will also be discouraged because the bigger clans reap all the benefits. I guess I should just quit caring since the nerf herders at Supercell have.
    This will help smaller clans as they will not be at disadvantage in clan war against clans that have better perks and max th feeders (I made my max th just for this feeding purpose and our clan was motivated to get to lvl10 enjoy this advantage, kind of of unfair, let's be honest).

No need to be this gloomy (ironically I am like that all the time haha). Leveling playing field was also a thing I cared about before I made my th2,4 and I utilised benefits of op max troops for almost one year. However, this made gameplay down there ridiculous. I was 3* th2 v th4,5 how does that make sense? I almost made achievement 3* "get those goblins" haha. My th4 had 100% 3* rate vs th5... Everyone 3* my bases as well...This makes NO sense.
    Last edited by NizaZiza; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:14 AM.

I will stop arguing now. Supercell obviously couldn’t care less about my opinion anyway. I will take my nerfed troops and lead the charge into the great beyond. Goodbye nerf herders, goodbye.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    How is Supercell making a profit from the recipient getting a lower level E drag then was donated ?
    Please explain that to me because I donít get it.

It shouldn't discourage people from donating if youíre a responsible clan mate taking care of your fellow clan mates.
    You would want your CC filled donít ya ?
    I guess a discount for the levels lost despite the higher expense is what he/she's mentioning.

Doesn't seem that fair if half my army is maxed out and my donations are penalized. (Now elixir is no problem (especially not DE until 15 days from now,..)

I like the new rule, but if you have max troops to donate, then you should be given the honor of donating max level. I literally maxed out troops I never use to help donate max troops to clan mates.

Btw, if you want to protect the lower level player, give them more defense, or higher level troops?

TH 3-5 are easy 3 stars for someone who knows how to attack, regardless of CC troops.

If there's a max dragon on defense, there can also be a max dragon on offense.

Which they cancel each other out.

This update ruling seems like they don't believe that's a thing...

Even with no CC troops attacking, or an OP defensive troop, you gotta be pretty awful not to get at least a star on attacking, and you gotta expect to be 3 starred regardless as a lower TH level.
    Last edited by XCdude96; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:22 AM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by NizaZiza View Post
    This will help smaller clans as they will not be at disadvantage in clan war against clans that have better perks and max th feeders (I made my max th just for this feeding purpose and our clan was motivated to get to lvl10 enjoy this advantage, kind of of unfair, let's be honest).

No need to be this gloomy (ironically I am like that all the time haha). Leveling playing field was also a thing I cared about before I made my th2,4 and I utilised benefits of op max troops for almost one year. However, this made gameplay down there ridiculous. I was 3* th2 v th4,5 how does that make sense? I almost made achievement 3* "get those goblins" haha. My th4 had 100% 3* rate vs th5... Everyone 3* my bases as well...This makes NO sense.
    Isn't that the point of leveling up as a clan?

To gain an advantage?

Now we, a lvl 16 clan (very well earned, with a ton of losses already), are back to even after working 2.5+ years to EARN the right to donate boosted troops and (rarely) face a lvl 9 or lower clan.
    Last edited by Ajax; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:08 AM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Take a breather first, maybe read some posts in this thread. Some people also reacted strongly but after some thought came to realize it isnít that bad and does make sense in some aspects...

Now for TH13-14 people nothing changes. They can still both get maxed troops. Their troops still enjoy the level perk up to the maxed levels if you donate troops that arenít maxed just yet etc.

The little guys need to attack the little guys. They should still get good troops from their perspective. Or well they (on average) can get troops 2 TH levels above their own. (Example a TH7 can get a TH9 level dragon) which is still strong when they attack another TH7 but not as devastating as a TH13 dragon. Itís not quite rightly balanced if a TH6 can destroy another with just a CC full of maxed loons or hogs. A CC should be a strong support for their army. Not be a replacement for a whole army.

I canít say what you should do with them but keep in mind that whatever applies to you also applies to your war opponent if they bring lower TH levels. Letís face it. A TH6 isnít supposed to defend against a TH8 because of an OP CC and he isnít supposed to pull off a high % 2 star either attacking 2-3 town halls up.

If you donate maxed troops to (example) a TH7 then yes they get bumped down (capped) to the max level a TH7 can have. Thats the whole point of the cap. Lets say you donate a dragon then the TH7 will receive a TH9 level dragon.
    The advantage to this is that in the old situation you needed a TH11-13 to donate a dragon for the TH7 to get the best dragon they can get. Now basically everyone from TH7-TH14 can donate a dragon without it making a difference. Provided the TH7 has level 2 dragons and the clan has the +2 level perk.
    If a TH 6 defends against a TH 8 on defense, the TH 8 is an awful attacker.

Individuals need to learn how to attack without relying on CC anyway.

Perhaps just get rid of war CCs entirely? (It would save me and a few of my max troop donating clanmates some time)

Thanks for the detailed response, much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    You show with every post that you really don't understand the mindset and business philosophy of Supercell.;
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Do you recall Darian replying to your post with his insight about independence of game teams and culture of trust at Supercell? If you missed it, I'd like to suggest you read it.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12467627
    Thanks Lynn, that is a fav of mine – Darian actually spoke more than 10 characters to my post!!

I am continually amazed by the consistent mantra, like the one from Ygritte in Game of Thrones “You Don’t know nothing about Supercell Jon Snow” Didn’t work out well for her, did it?? I never commented to know firsthand any knowledge about the internal structure at SC. However I have reread many of the Annual Report posts, blogs, etc from the last few yrs.

To me that really doesn’t matter much – A real life example: A Scandinavian company I was working with would not consider endpoint security to manage/monitor endusers’ mobile devices because of their culture and emphasis on personal freedom. They were bought by a venture capital group… 1 yr later I closed a large deal. Cultures change when the man with the money wants them to.

My point is that SC can do what they want but when the corporate collection plate comes from Tencent, they better fill it to the brim!
    I’m a Finance/Sales guy who deals with Co’s worried about the bottom line. Tencent is one of the biggest sharks in the water, going from RMB60B to RMB220B profit from ’16 to ’20.

SC posted great results, which gives it leeway. However they are on a 5 yr downward trend in what they are putting in the collection plate. At some point push comes to shove. I cant say we aren’t there yet, and frankly, neither can you.

Again, I love this game & have spent WAY too many hours at it. I just dont like changes I feel are financially motivated messing with my game!