Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #0 - Clan Castle Donation Changes

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dgiba View Post
    Let's say you make a donation of $4 to a person, but he only gets $2. What does some of the money go?
    The difference is that currency has actual value, while in-game resources do not.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #482
    Let's say you make a donation of $4 to a person, but he only gets $2. What does some of the money go?
    You aren’t making a money donation, you are making a troop donation. Now in this concrete example of troop donations now again where is the profit ?
    You made this claim.. now you back it up.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    You aren’t making a money donation, you are making a troop donation. Now in this concrete example of troop donations now again where is the profit ?
    You made this claim.. now you back it up.
    We use money to buy Gems, and we use gems to buy Elixir, and we use elixir to buy troops.
    For a $4 donation, $2 goes to Supercell.

Forum Superstar
    We use money to buy Gems, and we use gems to buy Elixir, and we use elixir to buy troops.
    Wow.

Try this way: Whether I spend money or am F2P, you ask for a troop and I give you a troop. Whether you get a level 1 barb or a level 5 barb it cost me exactly the same amount of resources. Where exactly did SC make more money?
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesn’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #485
    You are really making more nonsense up as you go along don’t ya.
    Ok now take away the gems you get for free in this game and you owe SC a couple of hundred dollars.
    And every time you receive troops which are bumped by the level perk you owe SC even more...
    That should make sense too according to your logic...

I suggest you stop spreading anymore of such nonsense since you’ve clearly not understood how things work.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

For starters, if you are using gems to buy elixir. You ARE throwing money away and that's entirely on you. Secondly, your idea doesn't hold up because elixir is produced for free constantly by SC in your base. It could be easily argued that you only spend the elixir that's being produced.

Your idea is completely absurd and laughable.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

Did you pay those $2 to SC when you received levelled up troops before this update? If no, then I guess you should start doing that. Once it gets even, we can surely discuss about how this doesn't work in the way you are assuming

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #488
    Recipient is TH11 and has clan castle level 5, therefore gets level 2 e-drag.
    So no answer then.

In some cases, Donators give level 4 e-drag, but recipients get level 2 e-drag.
    Recipients receive less than what donator give, therefore Supercell makes a profit from it.
    Eventually, it discourages people from donating.
    Overall, this is nonsense. Do you think elixir is a real currency outside of the game?

I will admit, do find the idea of Ilkka (SC's CEO) handing out vials of elixir to the employees on pay day to be quite humorous.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #490
    I don't know anybody sho buys elixir with gems, I certainly never have or will, a d that includes never buying runes of elixir. Most of us get resources from raiding, with occasional bonuses from season pass.

Those resources have cost the vast majority of us nothing but play time. And not enough of that to notice after about TH6.