Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #0 - Clan Castle Donation Changes

I get a logic to this, but if a th14 donating to lower th...its unfair that the cost of troops donated does not reflect the lvl it was meant for... so, to make it simple, refund me the difference of the resources used to donate yet downgraded! Its really not fair!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeatdecz View Post
    I get a logic to this, but if a th14 donating to lower th...its unfair that the cost of troops donated does not reflect the lvl it was meant for... so, to make it simple, refund me the difference of the resources used to donate yet downgraded! Its really not fair!!!
    As someone with max troops who has donated max troops and has had them lowered. I dont need the refund. I get plenty of loot that the slight extra cost doesn't bother me. I'm just happy to help my clanmates.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #463
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorf View Post
    I don’t need direct knowledge of Tencent’s involvement (if any) in SC’s day to day operations. Having been in management for 30+ yrs at a Fortune 100 company I have seen corporate targets handed down by the C suite based on the revenues they need to deliver to their Shareholders, in this case Tencent.

If you have any question about Tencent’s goals, I point you to their website at tencent.com to see how their Online gaming grew year over year in 2020 to represent 32% of a RMB482B revenue stream. And from their Annual report, “In January 2021, we released the biggest-ever update for Honour of Kings with a new hero, skins and user interface.” Gee, that sounds VERY familiar!

You questioned why I felt this was a cash grab? Everything they do is about that – reread the sentence above re: skins on their other game. My 1st original paragraph in Post #394 details my thoughts on that. They are trying to change player behavior to their advantage & make it easier to help people off the F2P model with the desire for better troops & with $2.99 “7X value paks”, etc. Next thing these players will do is step up buy a Pass or 2 @ $4.99. Maybe not a lot, but it all adds up to huge profits.
    The fact you claim to have been jnmanagement ina fortune 500 company is utterly irrelevant.

Everything you have posted shows you just don't know Supercell.

I don’t need direct knowledge of Tencent’s involvement (if any) in SC’s day to day operations. Having been in management for 30+ yrs at a Fortune 100 company I have seen corporate targets handed down by the C suite based on the revenues they need to deliver to their Shareholders, in this case Tencent.

If you have any question about Tencent’s goals, I point you to their website at tencent.com to see how their Online gaming grew year over year in 2020 to represent 32% of a RMB482B revenue stream. And from their Annual report, “In January 2021, we released the biggest-ever update for Honour of Kings with a new hero, skins and user interface.” Gee, that sounds VERY familiar!

You questioned why I felt this was a cash grab? Everything they do is about that – reread the sentence above re: skins on their other game. My 1st original paragraph in Post #394 details my thoughts on that. They are trying to change player behavior to their advantage & make it easier to help people off the F2P model with the desire for better troops & with $2.99 “7X value paks”, etc. Next thing these players will do is step up buy a Pass or 2 @ $4.99. Maybe not a lot, but it all adds up to huge profits.
    I also see some of the offers as cash-grabs though I still bought some of them for 2 main reasons, I'm impulsive and I want to add those use-less bad designed skins to my collections and objectively speaking, to support the game that I'm wasting my time on. But it depends, though I see them as cash-grabs I make sure that I won't regret my financial decisions, whether I wasted my money on gold pass and offers when I know there will be point in the game that I will reach the end without them or I just simply wasted my money on bad skins (for me) just to collect them and brag them in the future when its not available anymore. Cash-grab or not, it doesn't matter as long as I'm fully aware with the reason why I'm wasting my money, I wouldn't care. Some impulsive people just doesn't know how to swallow the regret that they will have when they realized they waste resources on something. For the record, as long as they don't offer something that will tilt the balance of the game such as skins giving attributes, I wouldn't mind wasting my money on these offers whether the value is good or bad.
    Last edited by maximooze007; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    my clan is from TH8 - TH13 as well, I think the biggest problem is the matchmaking for this big of a diversity, which is disappointing because I think having a war where everyone can participate on a fairly level playing field is super fun for the clan as the lowers get to watch the ďbig boyz n girlzĒ play and the visa versa, I thoroughly enjoy watching someone new get all jittery for their war attack, kind of like watching your kids play sports, it brings back some great memories for me, something the upper TH levels have failed to do as of late unfortunately
    If you look to your roster, there is no reason why the lower halls should be left disappointed..
    Go heavy at the top, and the MMA is going to somewhat overlook what is below..
    But if the mid and lower roster gets an even distribution, with a lighter top end, then the opposition is far more likely to more closely resemble yourselves..
    There is no magic involved, it is simply number clusters, and having accounts and a break down that fit in with what you are looking to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by AzzaTheGiant View Post
    So u r ok to have defense nerfed but offense still overpowered at lower level? Sorry but this makes no sense.
    I can't see any difference between wars or multi player attacks. Its about a more even playing field and a better experience at lower lvl.
    It makes a lot of sense, offence is much more important than defence, as it's the part of the game you actively play and that is the most "fun" for most players for sure.
    If attacking wasn't fun, the game would die.

Also, there is a big difference between multi and war attacks.
    In war, defence is pretty much as important as offence, unlike in multi.
    Last edited by Erik5839; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:09 AM.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #467
    I donít need direct knowledge of Tencentís involvement (if any) in SCís day to day operations. Having been in management for 30+ yrs at a Fortune 100 company I have seen corporate targets handed down by the C suite based on the revenues they need to deliver to their Shareholders, in this case Tencent.

If you have any question about Tencentís goals, I point you to their website at tencent.com to see how their Online gaming grew year over year in 2020 to represent 32% of a RMB482B revenue stream. And from their Annual report, ďIn January 2021, we released the biggest-ever update for Honour of Kings with a new hero, skins and user interface.Ē Gee, that sounds VERY familiar!

You questioned why I felt this was a cash grab? Everything they do is about that Ė reread the sentence above re: skins on their other game. My 1st original paragraph in Post #394 details my thoughts on that. They are trying to change player behavior to their advantage & make it easier to help people off the F2P model with the desire for better troops & with $2.99 ď7X value paksĒ, etc. Next thing these players will do is step up buy a Pass or 2 @ $4.99. Maybe not a lot, but it all adds up to huge profits.
    You do need better knowledge about how SC works, the clash team works and whatís SCís philosophy is before you start running your mouth. Obviously youíre not very knowledgeable about investors who do report their figures (which they must) but are very hands off when it comes to the operation side of things.
    You seem to think that decisions on whether to do things are done for monetary reasons but youíre highly mistaken. SCís philosophy is very different. Their starting point in all of this is to build quality an fun games everyone wants to play and keep engaged with.

An anecdote, if you sit down with the developers and pitch an idea in the lines of ďyou can make a lot of money if....Ē they look at you with this unbelief of seeing water burning and laughing at you directly. Thatís how far away such things actually are for them in their thinking. Their thinking goes along the lines of, does it fit with the game and how can we fit it, would players enjoy it, what about the long term of such a feature, and a million more of such all not related to $$$.

Anywho. This thread was about the clan castles changes and you got your panties in a bunch how this was a cash grab.
    Now tell us exactly whatís the cash grab part in this change ? What is it about this change that makes people take out their wallets and spend cash ? For this change I just donít see that aspect, but as usual: someone doesnít like a change so itís a cash grab.

Im sorry but your answer ďitís everything they doĒ is nonsense and doesnít answer the question and topic. The only thing you specifically address is skins etc. a lot of players like the skins and itís been requested a lot. If you donít, then simply donít buy it.
    At the end yes SC is a company, they also have to pay their electric bill and their employees donít live off thin air either. Luckily these things are purely cosmetic and this game has nothing behind a pay wall that you must pay to get items you need for gameplay. A F2P player can achieve the exact same maxed base a paying player can.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #468
    Quote Originally Posted by XCdude96 View Post
    So does this mean I, a TH 14 with a max CC for TH 13, cannot get certain max level troops?

Also, what about the little guys that need solid troops for war?

Do we just push them aside?

And how about if I donate MAXED troops, do these troops get demoted???
    Take a breather first, maybe read some posts in this thread. Some people also reacted strongly but after some thought came to realize it isnít that bad and does make sense in some aspects...

Now for TH13-14 people nothing changes. They can still both get maxed troops. Their troops still enjoy the level perk up to the maxed levels if you donate troops that arenít maxed just yet etc.

The little guys need to attack the little guys. They should still get good troops from their perspective. Or well they (on average) can get troops 2 TH levels above their own. (Example a TH7 can get a TH9 level dragon) which is still strong when they attack another TH7 but not as devastating as a TH13 dragon. Itís not quite rightly balanced if a TH6 can destroy another with just a CC full of maxed loons or hogs. A CC should be a strong support for their army. Not be a replacement for a whole army.

I canít say what you should do with them but keep in mind that whatever applies to you also applies to your war opponent if they bring lower TH levels. Letís face it. A TH6 isnít supposed to defend against a TH8 because of an OP CC and he isnít supposed to pull off a high % 2 star either attacking 2-3 town halls up.

If you donate maxed troops to (example) a TH7 then yes they get bumped down (capped) to the max level a TH7 can have. Thats the whole point of the cap. Lets say you donate a dragon then the TH7 will receive a TH9 level dragon.
    The advantage to this is that in the old situation you needed a TH11-13 to donate a dragon for the TH7 to get the best dragon they can get. Now basically everyone from TH7-TH14 can donate a dragon without it making a difference. Provided the TH7 has level 2 dragons and the clan has the +2 level perk.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    You can be as sarcastic as you want but that will do nothing to better your point. It just shows you have nothing more productive to add to this conversation.

I would love to know why you think a th 10 with siege and pretty high lvl troops will now struggle to 3*. Again they will have 1 lvl down than what they are used to but you seem to be under the impression that 1 lvl is the difference between a 0* and a 2*. Again if youre under that impression which you heavily seem to imply, that's a failure to understand how to attack properly. My clan also win wars with th 10s hitting up. I dont doubt their ability to continue doing well with a 1 lvl disadvantage but then again my clan made sure they understand why certain methods work and how to adapt when the base is harder.

I guess this update will really separate the boys from the men.
    Never said a word about th10s, not a word about anything other than about beiges having to hit up sometimes 2-3 levels in wars with a mismatched bottom - a very common occurrence in our clan which runs th5-th14. I would quote what beiges have said in clan chat here about this change but I am sure most folks can imagine.

It was not unusual for us to send a willing beige to scout a th base several levels up and give them enough firepower to hopefully get a star.

As for separating the girls from the women, you seem to be under the impression that only your view, play style, clan membership, and strategies are the only way to play the game and encourage and support newer players for development.

We limited the first war after this change went live to 3 th levels, th14-12. Nice even match, no mismatch, but then no beiges nor 9s,10s or 11s. Wonder how long the lowers will hang in with that!

We were running a war th12 down to beiges when the update went live. Every single beige in that war was mirror-matched to th9 or higher. Every beige had to hit up to th9,10,11 bases. It is not exactly encouraging to newer players to suddenly be limited in what they can do in wars.

By the end of the season we will most likely open up another clan for lowers to participate, however that is an additional workload on leadership and will present more difficulties in splitting a clan into two and supporting both. I maintain that this change is likely to kill off some mixed th level clans like ours, let alone exhaust mixed level clan leadership trying to manage around this change.

If that does not work out for us, how about your clan taking in some of our beiges and running them in your th14-beige rosters in your clan wars?

Based on what you have said to me in this thread, I am sure you can teach them how to properly attack, scout & hopefully star a base say th6-7-8 on a 10,11,12, or 13 far better than myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik5839 View Post
    It makes a lot of sense, offence is much more important than defence, as it's the part of the game you actively play and that is the most "fun" for most players for sure.
    If attacking wasn't fun, the game would die.

Also, there is a big difference between multi and war attacks.
    In war, defence is pretty much as important as offence, unlike in multi.
    Yes and no. I agree and disagree. I agree that attacking needs to be fun. It is the part we r most active with. But if offence just way overpowers the defence, then really what's the point. Surely this must get boring and sets up newbies for harsh reality when they get bigger and realise the cc troops alone won't just win them the battle. I think a happy medium of balance is what keeps the game alive. Sure some will think it's too easy. Some will think it's too hard. But the majority will think it's pretty good. I think SC do a pretty good job here. And I think they r on the money with the cc change.
    Sure in war defense is just as important. U r right. But to use ur argument, u don't take part in any of this so it shouldn't matter correct? U just want offense to be fun. See u cant have it both ways I'm afraid.
    I think some will also argue in multi player they feel defence is just as important. They might just like to see the base they have made or copied lol hold up and not get obliterated by loons or something 6 lvls higher.