Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #0 - Clan Castle Donation Changes

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #541
    Quote Originally Posted by Wachichi View Post
    K the devils advocate is important to debate the Pros and cons of any change. Here I have taken that role. I support this change for the reasons I have stated. I agree it will help players who dont have access to max cc and think thats a possitive. I am concerned that it may have a negative impact making it more difficult than it was previously in unbalanced wars. I think it encourages dip attacks. Not sure if this is good or not. What's been harder to work out on offence is the impact this has on spells. For instance 2 lightnings and a max lightning in cc used to take down an aird for max th9 vs max th9 now it doesn't (I am sure there are many other examples)The spell level downgrade really impacts offence a lot.
    If there are people doing dip attacks then there are others in your clan who must fight up possibly behind their capacity.
    The issue is that some people who like to dip grasp at any excuse to dip attack.

Unbalanced wars should not be the argument here, if wars are that unbalanced for clans always they need to take steps so theyíre better balanced. If theyíre that unbalanced they surely arenít always on the bad side of the match.
    If youíre fighting up and holding your own in CWL and not get demoted then youíre in the proper league.

You cant fix unbalanced wars by letting other unbalanced issues which contribute to the unbalance exist.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #542
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    SuperCell has decided for us that we have to waste resources now. It really is that simple. No, it isn't my choice. But from your post I do see what you think you mean, so let's just agree to disagree. Rose tinted glasses are not reality. And I see quite a bit of that here recently.
    Well it is your choice whether to donate from those high levels or not. There are almost certainly players lower in your clan who could donate without their donations being dowgraded.

But FWIW, I agree that they should have amended the refund process for donations, so you get refunded any difference between the cost of what you donate and what is recieved FIRST, then apply the regular donation refund to what is left. The receiver should never get troops that would cost less to brew than the donator has spent on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Please give us some sort of a clue what point you are trying to make here.
    Everything SC does is about earning money.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #544
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Oy, deep down I know you're right, and I'm glad our mixed hall CWL clan took a beating last time and got demoted - because it MAY help them this next CWL... Personally I like getting some medals, and I absolutely know I'm nowhere near a champs player. But please let me stomp around a bit and feel sorry for my clannies who still don't see it that way .

On another note - as I stated in other comments. The fact that the system hasn't been CORRECTLY adapted as in costs being reimbursed is really bad. Taking away choice is one thing. Not owning up to the resulting issues is another. Shows another 'choice' that really wasn't thought through very well, and what worries me is that this seems to be becoming the norm. I sincerely hope I'll be proven wrong, but so far this update isn't doing that.
    Up until now Iíve avoided the cost element and somehow people feel the need to get some compensation for cooking a more expensive troop then the other person receives. Iíve avoided it on purpose.
    Iím sorry and we will disagree on this one. I find this argument to be one of ďI hate this change and canít come up with a good reason but I still hate itĒ For me as a player I couldnít care less about the few drops of elixir or dark elixir.

First of all in most cases youíll only lose half of the extra cost. And Iím of the opinion that Iím helping a clan mate with troops who needs certain troops regardless of levels. If for example someone had requested who or that particular clan mate can receive a max troop then I also wouldíve lost that amount of (dark) elixir. If I use 1-gem for example I spend 0.
    Plus whenever I donate troops which are bumped up with the perk I also donít get a bill for the fact I cooked a troop for cheap etc.

So all things considered, yea Iím sorry but I really find this a non issue. I can relate much more to complaints that lower town halls donít like getting lower troops and suddenly canít use maxed troops.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #545
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpeR View Post
    Kindly back up such statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    If there are people doing dip attacks then there are others in your clan who must fight up possibly behind their capacity.
    The issue is that some people who like to dip grasp at any excuse to dip attack.

Unbalanced wars should not be the argument here, if wars are that unbalanced for clans always they need to take steps so they’re better balanced. If they’re that unbalanced they surely aren’t always on the bad side of the match.
    If you’re fighting up and holding your own in CWL and not get demoted then you’re in the proper league.

You cant fix unbalanced wars by letting other unbalanced issues which contribute to the unbalance exist.
    So its harder to hit up and easier to hit down. You agree with that. Do you think that is good?
    In regular wars with 2 att. Each your completly wrong about dip 3* meaning someone has to attack up beyond their level.
    I would go as far as to say its the opposite in 2 attack wars. Dip 3* attacks are essential for winning wars with a mixed linup. which is a reason I personally don't think they should be easier.
    Last edited by Wachichi; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:12 PM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpeR View Post
    As they should. However, their CC nerf does not necessarily result in significant (temporary)revenue increase as that might have happened in updates so far(ones with new th lvl especially), idk for sure. Why?

Surely there are a lot of people like me that spent money to upgrade their account so we can donate OP strong CC to ALL clanmates. Right now that incentive simply does not exist, in exact form at least. Also before people were just crushed on defence in low ths or they lost attacks because of strong def CC. Even if someone was successful in low ths he would find that boring easy 3* and to avoid all this struggle (or for some boredom) down people had incentive to move up (also to experience those OP troops in their full extent when they hit high lvl th).

Now, all these reasons are mostly gone. So how does this make more money?? No idea, nothing is black and white. I guess that SC maybe thinks less people will quit game early on because of cc nerf or everyone will suddenly start upgrading th and CC lvl to access stronger troops to level playing field in CWL? I don't think so. If everyone was concerned about this, I would see(before update) only strategic rushers (in gold or crystal, actually everywhere) in CWL and no maxxers, but that is not completely the case. Quite contrary now that low ths have a little bit improved offence/defence balance they might chose to slow down, not spend money and take maxxing route to savour each th lvl in its full extent.

P.S. {However, I am still angry that my th9 cannot access super wizzard or super giants.} If anyone thinks that cc was unjustified I wish that you had tasted max valk in low th CC(imagine if we had access to lvl9...). Before the update,once my lvl8 valk and head hunter on th4 managed to kill 64 attackers troop space which was mostly wizz with some giants, so BROKEN haha, yet delicious to watch and I kinda apologize to people that fought against that.
    Last edited by NizaZiza; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Up until now I’ve avoided the cost element and somehow people feel the need to get some compensation for cooking a more expensive troop then the other person receives. I’ve avoided it on purpose.
    As you see, cost didn't add up. Many people in all of my clans start complaining. Eventually it discourages people from donating.

Just been watching this convo...don’t really care too much. I can kind of understand the logic behind the change...but, tbh, I wasn’t hearing any complaints in my widely mixed Th clan or the clans some of my minis have been in so I never really heard it was a problem. Could it get there someday?...maybe. Every once in a while, a low Th (say th5 or th6) might come back from a disastrous attack asking, “what the hell just happened?” but it would usually lead to a really good teaching discussion about how to deal with CCs and what to take in YOUR CC to counter, complimentary troops, etc. I’m assuming those “teaching moments” go away. We’ll see. I guess my only observation is that I’m surprised it bubbled up to the top of the backlog.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #550
    Quote Originally Posted by Wachichi View Post
    So its harder to hit up and easier to hit down. You agree with that. Do you think that is good?
    In regular wars with 2 att. Each your completly wrong about dip 3* meaning someone has to attack up beyond their level.
    I would go as far as to say its the opposite in 2 attack wars. Dip 3* attacks are essential for winning wars with a mixed linup. which is a reason I personally don't think they should be easier.
    No, I donít agree with that because thatís not what I said. Attacking down should be relatively easy.
    Attacking down did not get all that much easier with this change since the attacker will also have a capped CC although he can bring stronger troops then the defender if he attacks down. And for that I say yes thatís how it should be. ( A TH7 should not be able to defend a TH9 attacker, as an example).

When I said when 1 is attacking down then 1 has to be attacking up I was talking about the CWL situation but mistakenly thought that was obvious.

In regular wars if your wars are that much unbalanced then you need to investigate the reason for the imbalance.
    Nevertheless people do have unrealistic expectations for attacking up.
    There are more factors that decide the winner in a war as itís the effort of a whole team. It isnít just the dipping 3 stars.