Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 663

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #0 - Clan Castle Donation Changes

  1. #471
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    77
    In some cases, Donators give level 4 e-drag, but recipients get level 2 e-drag.
    Recipients receive less than what donator give, therefore Supercell makes a profit from it.
    Eventually, it discourages people from donating.

  2. #472
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    3,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorf View Post
    I donít need direct knowledge of Tencentís involvement (if any) in SCís day to day operations...
    A flat out admission, that you don't know how, and aren't even interested in how Supercell operates! What, therefore, makes you think that anything you went on to pontificate about had any credibility? Top tip: if you want to be taken seriously, I'd strongly recommend you don't open by telling us you don't have a clue.

    Ajax and Kat have tried to point you in the right direction, it would be wise if you did a little basic research into Supercell's philosophy before commenting further. They operate as a group of autonomous cells; each responsible for the development of their own game. They have a history of killing games deep into development; even post a soft launch. When the time comes to turn off the Clash servers, the decision will almost certainly be the Clash team's alone; not Supercell's and certainly not Tencent's.

    The reason Clash is still going strong after 8Ĺ years, is precisely because they focus on the game itself, not on how to monetise it.

  3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #473
    Kaptain Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    adieu farewell auf wiedersehen goodbye
    Posts
    12,711
    Quote Originally Posted by dgiba View Post
    In some cases, Donators give level 4 e-drag, but recipients get level 2 e-drag.
    Recipients receive less than what donator give, therefore Supercell makes a profit from it.
    Eventually, it discourages people from donating.
    How is Supercell making a profit from the recipient getting a lower level E drag then was donated ?
    Please explain that to me because I donít get it.

    It shouldn't discourage people from donating if youíre a responsible clan mate taking care of your fellow clan mates.
    You would want your CC filled donít ya ?

    Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

    Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

  4. #474
    Quote Originally Posted by dgiba View Post
    In some cases, Donators give level 4 e-drag, but recipients get level 2 e-drag.
    Recipients receive less than what donator give, therefore Supercell makes a profit from it.
    Eventually, it discourages people from donating.
    Lol, SC doesn't make a "profit" either way of course. The player donating the edrag has the same cost as always. No one in my clan is discouraged at all from donating. It doesn't cost them anymore. Some of our lower hall players are now more encouraged to donate because they can now donate to other lower hall players at the max level those players can accept, rather than only being able to be filled by players with max troops.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  5. #475
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    How is Supercell making a profit from the recipient getting a lower level E drag then was donated ?
    Please explain that to me because I don’t get it.
    Recipient is TH11 and has clan castle level 5, therefore gets level 2 e-drag.

  6. #476
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    77
    Donator is TH13 and gives level 4 e-drag.
    Recipient is TH11 and has clan castle level 5, therefore gets level 2 e-drag.

  7. #477
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Climbing Mt. Ebott
    Posts
    560
    They mean that SC makes no "profit" i.e. money on this kind of interaction.

  8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #478
    Kaptain Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    adieu farewell auf wiedersehen goodbye
    Posts
    12,711
    Quote Originally Posted by dgiba View Post
    Donator is TH13 and gives level 4 e-drag.
    Recipient is TH11 and has clan castle level 5, therefore gets level 2 e-drag.
    I know how this part works...
    but again where is the profit for SC ? How does SC benefit from it as you claim. ?
    What does SC earn ? How does this make money for SC ?


    (PS. A TH11 using a level 5 CC is their problem. They can have a level 7 CC which would give them a LVL 4)
    Last edited by Kaptain Kat; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:50 PM.

    Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

    Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

  9. #479
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    I know how this part works...
    but again where is the profit for SC ? How does SC benefit from it as you claim. ?
    What does SC earn ? How does this make money for SC ?


    (PS. A TH11 using a level 5 CC is their problem. They can have a level 7 CC which would give them a LVL 4)
    Let's say you make a donation of $4 to a person, but he only gets $2. What does some of the money go?

  10. #480
    Senior Member Kid-V-Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Where the sky and earth merge
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by dgiba View Post
    Let's say you make a donation of $4 to a person, but he only gets $2. What does some of the money go?
    According to this logic, Supercell can make a ton of money by injecting billions of resources into game. Ever thought about of 10000x star bonus?

    That's why you can't cash out gems even if you bought them. You can buy in-game currency but can't sell for money.

    Supercell can't sell in-game currency for money. So what happen to that $2 is that it is removed from existence permanently.

    Good example is that where does the 20 million elixir(dollar for your reference) for troops upgrades go which isn't even comparable to donation difference. Answer it.
    Last edited by Kid-V-Kat; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:59 PM.
    _______________________

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •