Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 662

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #0 - Clan Castle Donation Changes

  1. #451
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    208
    DELETED whatever char
    Last edited by sisterlimonpot; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:33 PM.

  2. #452
    Millennial Club Rizzob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Over there ---->
    Posts
    1,460
    Quote Originally Posted by NizaZiza View Post
    The high lvl troops almost ruined the point of defending in low ths, except for defence win farmers. This change will improve that a little.
    Sorry for this being a little off-topic:They are not violating the ToS . Tbh I doubt that is about abusing since some of them want 3* achievement "unbreakable" or they want to have some irrelevant world records I guess. I myself have only 128 def wins and my are mostly to get achievement or ti see how troop perform defence (interactions on low ths are simple so it is easy to study them).
    My main interest were goblin maps and there I made 142* stars thanks to SW before his nerf.
    Pushing TH2s and farming defenses at low levels are fine, but they should have zero consideration for balance changes.

    In reality (and I have a handful of lower-level accts in the TH2-TH10) range, when farming, it's rare to come across a defensive CC. Like well below 10% of the time. Rare enough I don't keep an offensive CC unless I'm doing a CG challenge where I need to win some amount of attacks in a row. If I see one, I just next past it.

    IMO, this change only affects war, and very small populations of players doing non-standard things.

    Quote Originally Posted by sisterlimonpot View Post
    DELETED whatever char
    Just as an FYI, when you edit your post, there is a "Delete" button that will delete the post if that's what you want to do. It's near the Save and Cancel buttons. Note you can delete a post in a thread unless it started the thread.
    Last edited by Rizzob; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:05 PM. Reason: added delete info

  3. #453
    Millennial Club AlexBAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik5839 View Post
    I think the impact of high lvl CC troops is being exaggerated quite a bit, when I brought up a few accounts like 2 years back I did not once have an issues with enemies having OP CC's, probably because you can be TH8 in like a month if you play actively. (I did myself have maxed balloons in my CC, no effect on other having maxed troops in CC themselves though).

    Also, what AlexBAT is saying is that he won't be able to help the people in his clan like he used to, which I 100% agree with as it will be the same for me.
    Exactly and thank you. As a new TH14, I will be okay personally. I'm speaking for my teammates who are TH11 and under.

    Quote Originally Posted by sisterlimonpot View Post
    Let's say for a moment I'm OK with this change.... I'm not! For a slew of reasons, from a developers stand point it's sloppy.

    Knowing that no amount of rationale is going to change what has already been rolled out, let's not waste time and get to the point.

    If a max th14 troop will be 'nerfed' so that it's commensurate to the receiving clan castle level, then the opposite needs to by true. If a th1 donates a barbarian to a th14 then the donation needs to be commensurate to that players troop levels. IT"S ONLY FAIR!!!

    If you had done that, then this genie that you're trying to stuff back in the bottle would've been better received.

    And trust me I know what you're doing, your target demographic loves this change, but this little gesture of good will would've broadened "buy in" by those that hate it.
    This is another point I meant to make earlier and I'm glad you put it out there. Now it makes things tougher for lower THs to contribute/donate to higher level members. And the middle level THs are really left in limbo on all fronts... offensive, defensive, donations, etc.

    Your suggestion of the buffed troop donation from a lower level to a higher level similar to the current inverse would be a huge step in the right direction if this change is going to stay.
    Clash Update Wish List: 1. New single player maps (or update the Goblin village loot every season) / 2. Leaders select words to censor in Clan Chat Filter for their clans. / 3. Revenge List Maintenance allowing player to delete attacks &/or make notes / 4. Chat with Rival War Clan in a War Chat (Make a 2nd tab where Global was) / 5. Ban/Block Option to keep certain users from requesting to join your clan

  4. #454
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexBAT View Post
    This is another point I meant to make earlier and I'm glad you put it out there. Now it makes things tougher for lower THs to contribute/donate to higher level members. And the middle level THs are really left in limbo on all fronts... offensive, defensive, donations, etc.

    Your suggestion of the buffed troop donation from a lower level to a higher level similar to the current inverse would be a huge step in the right direction if this change is going to stay.
    Why is it harder for lower halls to donate? They get the same upgrade perk on donation as before. Nothing changed. If anything, I find there are more opportunities for lower halls to donate since other lower halls can't hold max troops anymore anyway, so their fellow same hall mates can donate to them.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  5. #455
    Forum Legend Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9,615
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexBAT View Post
    Exactly and thank you. As a new TH14, I will be okay personally. I'm speaking for my teammates who are TH11 and under.



    This is another point I meant to make earlier and I'm glad you put it out there. Now it makes things tougher for lower THs to contribute/donate to higher level members. And the middle level THs are really left in limbo on all fronts... offensive, defensive, donations, etc.

    Your suggestion of the buffed troop donation from a lower level to a higher level similar to the current inverse would be a huge step in the right direction if this change is going to stay.
    Do you really have a clan that goes from 14 down to low level? I dont mean minis you are farming up but actual low level main accounts. I won't accept anything lower than 11. Or do you have a feeder clan with low levels that your clan feeds high level troops. The latter is brutal to low level clans without such support. Th9 and under clan warring against a clan with th13 troops in ccs. There have been many, many complaints in IFR about this. The gap is only going to continue to get wider. It is quite conceivable that a th3 or 4 could three star a higher base with th16 (for example) barch. It needed to be done. As far as not being able to help lowers as much, that is an ego thing. I liked being able to donate shiny flaming troops and now I can't. You can still give the best they can receive. 2 lab levels up. That is still very helpful.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  6. #456
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik5839 View Post
    As I said, I approve the change on defence but not on offence.
    Also, I was talking about multiplayer attacks, not wars. I 100% agree that this is a good change to make wars more fair.
    So u r ok to have defense nerfed but offense still overpowered at lower level? Sorry but this makes no sense.
    I can't see any difference between wars or multi player attacks. Its about a more even playing field and a better experience at lower lvl.

  7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #457
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Do you really have a clan that goes from 14 down to low level? I dont mean minis you are farming up but actual low level main accounts. I won't accept anything lower than 11. Or do you have a feeder clan with low levels that your clan feeds high level troops. The latter is brutal to low level clans without such support. Th9 and under clan warring against a clan with th13 troops in ccs. There have been many, many complaints in IFR about this. The gap is only going to continue to get wider. It is quite conceivable that a th3 or 4 could three star a higher base with th16 (for example) barch. It needed to be done. As far as not being able to help lowers as much, that is an ego thing. I liked being able to donate shiny flaming troops and now I can't. You can still give the best they can receive. 2 lab levels up. That is still very helpful.
    I am sure there are many clans with mixed Town Halls. We go from TH8 to TH14, if you don't include minis. TH7 if you do.

    We even sometimes run wars with TH8 to TH14, including the one which finished a few hours ago.

    Generally, we prefer to not go quite that wide a range, but if they want in, and it makes the numbers to a valid value for war, then they are in.

    But I am fully in support of this change, even though it meant I couldn't put superminions in the CC of the TH8.

  8. #458
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    171
    So does this mean I, a TH 14 with a max CC for TH 13, cannot get certain max level troops?

    Also, what about the little guys that need solid troops for war?

    Do we just push them aside?

    And how about if I donate MAXED troops, do these troops get demoted???
    Last edited by XCdude96; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:28 AM.

  9. #459
    Senior Member Gorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia area
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Its clear you don’t understand how SC works, the clash game teams work and what everyone’s role is.

    It doesn’t force people to move up just for 20-30 housing space of stronger troops. It’s really nonsense to use that as a need to upgrade argument because it would hurt more then it would fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Tencent are very much hands off when it comes to development of the game. That is entirely Supercell's decision.
    ...perhaps you could give us some insight as to just how you believe this might cause any players to spend significant cash they otherwise wouldn't have? .
    I don’t need direct knowledge of Tencent’s involvement (if any) in SC’s day to day operations. Having been in management for 30+ yrs at a Fortune 100 company I have seen corporate targets handed down by the C suite based on the revenues they need to deliver to their Shareholders, in this case Tencent.

    If you have any question about Tencent’s goals, I point you to their website at tencent.com to see how their Online gaming grew year over year in 2020 to represent 32% of a RMB482B revenue stream. And from their Annual report, “In January 2021, we released the biggest-ever update for Honour of Kings with a new hero, skins and user interface.” Gee, that sounds VERY familiar!

    You questioned why I felt this was a cash grab? Everything they do is about that – reread the sentence above re: skins on their other game. My 1st original paragraph in Post #394 details my thoughts on that. They are trying to change player behavior to their advantage & make it easier to help people off the F2P model with the desire for better troops & with $2.99 “7X value paks”, etc. Next thing these players will do is step up buy a Pass or 2 @ $4.99. Maybe not a lot, but it all adds up to huge profits.
    Last edited by Gorf; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:42 AM.

  10. #460
    Millennial Club Night Crawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I am sure there are many clans with mixed Town Halls. We go from TH8 to TH14, if you don't include minis. TH7 if you do.

    We even sometimes run wars with TH8 to TH14, including the one which finished a few hours ago.

    Generally, we prefer to not go quite that wide a range, but if they want in, and it makes the numbers to a valid value for war, then they are in.

    But I am fully in support of this change, even though it meant I couldn't put superminions in the CC of the TH8.
    my clan is from TH8 - TH13 as well, I think the biggest problem is the matchmaking for this big of a diversity, which is disappointing because I think having a war where everyone can participate on a fairly level playing field is super fun for the clan as the lowers get to watch the “big boyz n girlz” play and the visa versa, I thoroughly enjoy watching someone new get all jittery for their war attack, kind of like watching your kids play sports, it brings back some great memories for me, something the upper TH levels have failed to do as of late unfortunately

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •