Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #0 - Clan Castle Donation Changes

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik5839 View Post
    I just hope it doesn't become a "remember when making a mini was fun"
    I mean there gotta be something wrong with me because this update made me more interested in lower th lvls. Before I was just playing on th2 and beating goblin maps with few ventures against th4 or th5 to get some juicy 3*. However, even that gets boring. After the cc nerf you can actually have each th from 2-7 and probably enjoy getting more defence wins (e.g.my th2 is already defending better against th3,4 dips). Now even wars with a lot of low levels ths sort of make more sense than before when LITERALLY every single attack was 3* if attacker knew how to kill cc. So for some people making minis might be even more fun now.

This update has way bigger impact on offence than defence although both took hit. This is really smart way to balance low ths, props to SC team for that. There are still things I do not like about donating cap. I am gonna miss those super duper mega OP super wizards in CC on my th9 :'( .
    Last edited by NizaZiza; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:05 PM.

I haven't been on here in ages, but this crazy change brought me back. As a larger TH who has needed TH14 for nearly a year, I was pretty excited about this update. But this troop level change has dampened my excitement immensely. I have a clan I've been running for years and we've prided ourselves for being able to help vet and newbie players together. It's a tough balance, but offering max troops to EVERYONE was one of the greatest perks. This has pretty much ruined that. So along with Wars and CWL catering to higher level THs, you're now pushing clans to segregate into higher or lower level THs. Another way to force people to rush higher sooner?

I've been a daily player since pretty much the game's launch. I've rolled with a lot of changes and alterations. This one might be a bridge too far.
    Last edited by AlexBAT; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:12 PM.
    Clash Update Wish List: 1. New single player maps (or update the Goblin village loot every season) / 2. Leaders select words to censor in Clan Chat Filter for their clans. / 3. Revenge List Maintenance allowing player to delete attacks &/or make notes / 4. Chat with Rival War Clan in a War Chat (Make a 2nd tab where Global was) / 5. Ban/Block Option to keep certain users from requesting to join your clan

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #433
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexBAT View Post
    I haven't been on here in ages, but this crazy change brought me back. As a larger TH who has needed TH14 for nearly a year, I was pretty excited about this update. But this troop level change has dampened my excitement immensely. I have a clan I've been running for years and we've prided ourselves for being able to help vet and newbie players together. It's a tough balance, but offering max troops to EVERYONE was one of the greatest perks. This has pretty much ruined that. So along with Wars and CWL catering to higher level THs, you're now pushing clans to segregate into higher or lower level THs. Another way to force people to rush higher sooner?

I've been a daily player since pretty much the game's launch. I've rolled with a lot of changes and alterations. This one might be a bridge too far.
    You do realize that you’re making a point that you’re against this change so you “can’t flex your muscles” so to speak and ignore the balance and experience of lower town halls..

These OP CCs were a legitimate and serious complaint and having negative effects on the game experience at these TH levels. These TH levels should be the point of this discussion and not that a maxed players can flex their muscles and show off just how good they are.

How would you react if a few lower TH levels advocate for a change that make your game play experience as a maxed players horrible ...

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    You do realize that you’re making a point that you’re against this change so you “can’t flex your muscles” so to speak and ignore the balance and experience of lower town halls..

These OP CCs were a legitimate and serious complaint and having negative effects on the game experience at these TH levels. These TH levels should be the point of this discussion and not that a maxed players can flex their muscles and show off just how good they are.

How would you react if a few lower TH levels advocate for a change that make your game play experience as a maxed players horrible ...
    I think the impact of high lvl CC troops is being exaggerated quite a bit, when I brought up a few accounts like 2 years back I did not once have an issues with enemies having OP CC's, probably because you can be TH8 in like a month if you play actively. (I did myself have maxed balloons in my CC, no effect on other having maxed troops in CC themselves though).

Also, what AlexBAT is saying is that he won't be able to help the people in his clan like he used to, which I 100% agree with as it will be the same for me.
    Last edited by Erik5839; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NizaZiza View Post
    I mean there gotta be something wrong with me because this update made me more interested in lower th lvls. Before I was just playing on th2 and beating goblin maps with few ventures against th4 or th5 to get some juicy 3*. However, even that gets boring. After the cc nerf you can actually have each th from 2-7 and probably enjoy getting more defence wins (e.g.my th2 is already defending better against th3,4 dips). Now even wars with a lot of low levels ths sort of make more sense than before when LITERALLY every single attack was 3* if attacker knew how to kill cc. So for some people making minis might be even more fun now.

This update has way bigger impact on offence than defence although both took hit. This is really smart way to balance low ths, props to SC team for that. There are still things I do not like about donating cap. I am gonna miss those super duper mega OP super wizards in CC on my th9 :'( .
    Ah I think it's because I did not express myself precisely enough, when I said "mini" I mean just another account to lvl up the the th of my liking, which would be 10+.
    So rushing through the early th's with the help of maxed cc troops is very nice, and makes it less annoying.
    I have 8 accounts, if for some reason I make a 9th one one day I don't really want to start over with low levels troops.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post

This how my thoughts have evolved too..
    At first, I was aghast that no longer could a cc beef up the hall, thereby making fresh hit that tad harder lower down the map..
    Heck, I would put a Super Minion in a TH2 if it would fit.

Trouble is, that is a little selfish..
    Sure, my mini's can breeze thru those bases, as should anyone playing down there with a mini..
    But our growing members playing for the first time are going to fail.. Almost every time..
    A 1 or 2 star is a fail in war, especially middle or low order in mixed hall..

We will spin later in the week, put one or two "newbies" in, and see how they get on.

As an aside, trying to get non 13s to donate is proving to be a challenge.. Think they are so used to max troop donations, it has simply become expected..
    Reminds me of baby sparrows with their beaks open all the time chirping away.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #437
    I think the impact of high lvl CC troops is being exaggerated quite a bit, when I brought up a few accounts like 2 years back I did not once have an issues with enemies having OP CC's, probably because you can be TH8 in like a month if you play actively. (I did myself have maxed balloons in my CC, no effect on other having maxed troops in CC themselves though).
    Tell that to the many people who have come on here in the past complaining about it.

Also, what AlexBAT is saying is that he won't be able to help the people in his clan like he used to, which I 100% agree with as it will be the same for me.
    You have no reason not to help them just as much as before. It is just that now that help will "only" be 2 levels above what they could brew themselves. Which is in fact much better for them in the longer term.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #438

Comparing game play when you play a second time around is no where near the same experience as a new player, playing for the first time. 2 years ago we didn’t even have TH13 yet so that’s even a few troops levels ago.

Ok sure maybe OP CCs is exaggerated a bit to make a point but a TH6 can be destroyed for a very large percentage with a maxed CC with troops we have nowadays. A CC is supposed to be a strong support to your army not taking over the main role. And things are definitely flipping that way. We have heard the complaint of these OP CCs before but on the forums they were often brushed aside by everyone. Something needed to be changed and if not now the problem continues to grow. Rather then to make the problem worse they decided to address this now.

You can still help lower level players with strong troops. They can still get much stronger troops then they can make or even new troops they can’t make yet. Except now other TH levels can also share in the donating party instead of it being an elite only party. Lower level town halls also want to complete their friend in need achievement and also want to feel they contribute.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Tell that to the many people who have come on here in the past complaining about it.
    As you're telling those complaining about the change that it's good for the game? Sure, I'll tell them it's not a big issue

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    You have no reason not to help them just as much as before. It is just that now that help will "only" be 2 levels above what they could brew themselves. Which is in fact much better for them in the longer term.
    I don't think you have the data needed for that, nor that that data exists yet, so it's just a assumption.
    I do understand the arguments for that assumption, still it is nothing more than that unless I'm missing some crucial information.

Centennial Club
    I think the impact of high lvl CC troops is being exaggerated quite a bit, when I brought up a few accounts like 2 years back I did not once have an issues with enemies having OP CC's...

That is just you. Even after the cc change almost 70% people in 500-600 trophy range th3/4 dip fail on my th2 because of lvl1 baby dragon. I can't even imagine devastation lvl9 valk in CC would brought (I can actually, before people were wrecked by lvl8 valk already).

I agree also with AlexBAT about helping teammates. However, even those teammates became too comfortable with shiny troops, some even complained when they(th9) got lvl3 edrag instead of lvl4.
    Last edited by NizaZiza; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:01 PM.