Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #0 - Clan Castle Donation Changes

New Bloke/Chick
    Well, after this period of time I can still say this was a horrible change. While my th13's and 12 and new 11's are handling the cc perk nerf well, my th9 is severely struggling. I used to get a reasonable amount of 3 stars with my more normal 2 stars. Now the 3 stars are rare, with too many 1 stars mixed in. And I've been doing this for 8 years, I'm not that bad a attacker. This has made playing the th 9 almost as bad as builder base. Almost. Thank goodness my bigger bases got to the level they are before this cut happened. They are still fun to play.

Forum Superstar
    I do wish folks would stop calling it a perk nerf. Nothing changed with regards to the +2 that a clan earns at Level10. It is still there are still works exactly as it did before.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesn’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Has it ever been friendly to run that wide of a spread? Honest question as I never have. Back in the dark ages, we were basically 6 - 8 when I joined. Roughly. There was this one guy (still with us and still will not war) that was a, OMG, th9. We kind of moved up together and we recruited similar levels. Always in a 3 to 4 town hall range. I honestly cannot remember running a war with a wider than 4 level range. I get where you are coming from but i think the cc nerf was to help address the low town hall issue. To an extent. The additional time and cost reductions may indicate the answer is actually hang in there little brother, in a few weeks you'll blow through the lower halls and we can include you. Or they may have to keep tweaking. However, there will always be a gulf between old heavy clans and new players. What can I offer even a th9? No cwl. No regular spins. Just clan games. I dont know what the answer is. I do know lineups like the beast's are asking for mismatches. I also think we should give it a while to settle. In my opinion, this may help rushers a small amount. Not much though. True engineers don't need the help. They will keep on keeping on. It targets permamaxers that stay low and prey on regular new low accounts. No more maxing at 6 and getting th14 troops. At least that 6 can only have th8ish level troops and the new one has a chance.
    no unfortunately it has never been a good idea to run a large spread of TH levels, people have always been able to “engineer” their clan to skew the matchmaking, that’s why it’s hard for SC to be able to make it work, and I understand that.
    I don’t think anyone on the forum, to my knowledge anyway, knows exactly what the formula is, and rightfully so because if it was to get out there, there would be even more abuse of it than there already is.
    Personally I have never understood the mentality of saying, “I crushed that base” when you are 2 TH levels above them because you’ve managed to manipulate the system to your advantage. You want to show me how good you are? 3* a maxed out base with a good design at your own TH level, then you have my respect.
    Don’t get me entirely wrong, there’s nothing wrong with a nice bully hit now and then to boost one’s ego after being spanked down by a solid defence, I’ve been there many a time.
    Maybe it’s just a pipe dream, but I sure think it would be nice to somehow have it so that we could have an all inclusive clan and be able to war with everyone being able to contribute somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by rexor View Post
    Well, after this period of time I can still say this was a horrible change. While my th13's and 12 and new 11's are handling the cc perk nerf well, my th9 is severely struggling. I used to get a reasonable amount of 3 stars with my more normal 2 stars. Now the 3 stars are rare, with too many 1 stars mixed in. And I've been doing this for 8 years, I'm not that bad a attacker. This has made playing the th 9 almost as bad as builder base. Almost. Thank goodness my bigger bases got to the level they are before this cut happened. They are still fun to play.
    and this in my humble opinion is due to the fact that it shows that perhaps the balance is off...... maybe........

all TH levels should maintain a certain 3* rate, what should that rate be?
    in my opinion it should be based on the level of the TH, you could say, we want to maintain a 3* rate at TH9 of X%, and then a 3* rate of X% at TH10, progressing as each TH level goes up, you should be able to hopefully maintain those rates as long as with each update whatever you do does not affect the TH levels below that have been properly balanced to the accepted 3* rate.....

unfortunately I believe that sounds way simpler than it actually is......

or is it?.......... hehe

also keep in mind that when an update comes out and there is nothing for lower TH levels it would be due to what I have stated above and therefore no one could complain...... no complaints you say?!!!.......
    Last edited by Night Crawler; April 20th, 2021 at 11:12 PM.

Centennial Club
    I personally find the change confusing. I am regularly left uncertain as to whether I have received / donated maximum level troops v an easy to understand system before. People in my clan have expressed similar feelings.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    Oddly enough we were always outmatched and struggled. Most of the time we won on the basis some people didn't show the other end.

Few other wars this past week, we've had higher town halls at the top end 5 players, but I'd say overall lower weight as 2 of them are newly upgraded 13 and a 12.

At the bottom we have some relatively strong th9 and 10s. The issue with the balancing is always at the bottom. The th9 and 10s never get an equal match. Not by a long shot and our 11s and 12s have to take the battle for them.

I'd guess the new th14 carries significant weight, possibly the pet store as well (attack buff) and bloats it even more. The other th14 has no pet store and defense equals mine. given it adds a potentially large damage buff it could carry huge war weight. neither of us had builder huts upgraded. They should also add minimal weight as 1st one finished this morning and couldn't even spot it repairing or attacking in a regular replay. Builder just ran in circles.

Anyway, no idea what's going on. This is the 4th war since the update and none have been remotely balanced and the lower levels are having a rough time of it
    Just putting this back out there.

My no20 on war is a th6, because he wanted in so why not.

Enemy no20 is a th10 and not even rushed.
    We have two th14s to thier one.
    My 19 is a th9 and theirs 11. The it's 11s all the way to 5 and we match to th12s to 1 and 2 where we are 14s and they are a 14 and 13.
    Rest is grossly outmatched in thier favour overall.
    So aside from the only logical conclusion being that th14 carries some rediculous weight in the matchmaking process...
    How does my no20 and 19 even get a stab at even having some fun or some half assed attempt at a try?
    Oh wait... I can't even even give him a helping hand at defending.

Surely SC doesn't want us to exclude the very people (low level new players) they are trying to help with these cc changes, from content as the only way of not getting this rediculous match up?
    Last edited by Bakunin; April 27th, 2021 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Main Forum Rule No.2

Warriors are OP

My 19 is a th9 and theirs 11. The it's 11s all the way to 5 and we match to th12s to 1 and 2 where we are 14s and they are a 14 and 13.
    So aside from the only logical conclusion being that th14 carries some rediculous weight in the matchmaking process...
    How does my no20 and 19 even get a stab at even having some fun or some half assed attempt at a try?

Surely SC doesn't want us to exclude the very people (low level new players) they are trying to help with these cc changes, from content as the only way of not getting this rediculous match up?
    Why not do a war for low players or make a clan where you do wars for low players if you really want to help "new" players.

And obviously you will not get exact match if you war with mix halls and including th14 and th6 in a same war will 99% result in mismatch for th6.

You should consider these matching concepts and then see what will be the scenario.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by rexor View Post
    We just finished a war, TH9x9 TH8x1 TH7x5 (same breakup on both teams) end war result was 43-42
    So our team missed 2 bases and they missed 3 of our 9’s. 99.4% to 98.33%
    I don’t think the CC change is effecting us negatively.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH14 | AQ: L80 | BK: 76 | GW 55 | RC: 30| Max Trophies: 5500+

Centennial Club

You are basically bumping the thread as you did not introduce anything new. You had the similar story before where you complained about problem that you created by including low ths in war. Th6 in war with th14, who does that. I have played game for 4-6 years (I will not give exact number) and did countless wars in various clans and never did I saw anyone expect perfect matchup when they include very low th. Everyone was putting low th just for roster engineering to gain advantage at the top.

If you want matchmaking to consider each th in roster that will make search time very long. You think everyone does wars every day? No. Everyone does the same war size as you? No. Everyone puts bunch of different ths? No, even if they did chances of matching perfectly with your roster are minimal. Mathematically and logically, it is almost impossible to match every clan perfectly in reasonable amount of time(less than day of search).

I feel like a parrot explaining something to wall.

P.S. some things I did for my clan to improve experience of players interested in war. 1) we run wars with +/-2 ths lvl sometimes,2) or e.g. 10 v10 war we fill lower half (3-5) with inactive players so that matchmaker gives perfect match for clanmates motivated to do wars,3) I have tested and practiced strategies that work perfectly with a bit weaker CC,e.g. th9 I use bowitch smash or golem-wizz-valk and I even got close to 3* max th10 several times with that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NizaZiza View Post
    You are basically bumping the thread as you did not introduce anything new. You had the similar story before where you complained about problem that you created by including low ths in war. Th6 in war with th14, who does that. I have played game for 4-6 years (I will not give exact number) and did countless wars in various clans and never did I saw anyone expect perfect matchup when they include very low th. Everyone was putting low th just for roster engineering to gain advantage at the top.

If you want matchmaking to consider each th in roster that will make search time very long. You think everyone does wars every day? No. Everyone does the same war size as you? No. Everyone puts bunch of different ths? No, even if they did chances of matching perfectly with your roster are minimal. Mathematically and logically, it is almost impossible to match every clan perfectly in reasonable amount of time(less than day of search).

I feel like a parrot explaining something to wall.

P.S. some things I did for my clan to improve experience of players interested in war. 1) we run wars with +/-2 ths lvl sometimes,2) or e.g. 10 v10 war we fill lower half (3-5) with inactive players so that matchmaker gives perfect match for clanmates motivated to do wars,3) I have tested and practiced strategies that work perfectly with a bit weaker CC,e.g. th9 I use bowitch smash or golem-wizz-valk and I even got close to 3* max th10 several times with that.
    Dude seriously you're not answering the question.
    As for "adding something new" take your own advice and provide some form of a constructive answer.
    If not please for the love of the goblin king give that keyboard a rest.

Again and I'll give some guidance.

"Surely SC doesn't want us to exclude the very people (low level new players) they are trying to help with these cc changes, from content as the only way of not getting this rediculous match up?"

So supercell makes changes to make it easier for new low level players to participate..
    Yet they get match with 4 th levels higher.
    Yes this is thier match. There is no lower or weaker match for them.

It would actually be great if SC could comment as to what weight a th14 carries in a war match. This is most imbalanced matchup I've had.

And if exclusion is the sole way to solve this, this defeats the point of making the changes as low level team wars only, can't have thier war CCs filled with OP troops anyway as high ths aren't in the team, so what's the point.
    This also is just detrimental to team building, team recruitment and longevity of the player base as we can clearly see that this guy and other "clan leaders" simply won't bother to take in or include low level players, low level players won't get any experience and they'll plain suck when they get to a higher town hall and either not get included or booted and then quit.
    There is no cake to eat with this change SC. All its done is stop random single low level players from suffering the max baby dragon on thier first week of the game.
    I'd just like Darian or someone at SC (not forum heroes just trying to up thier title) to explain how we as clan leaders, provide an INCLUSIVE experience for newer low level players when we simply do NOT have the recruitment means to farm the dream team or the desire to launch 5 accounts each to make up the numbers.
    What do we do to include them? Launching a 10v10 or whatever for when there are not 10 low level players to include is not possible.