Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #0 - Clan Castle Donation Changes

Quote Originally Posted by blazeaxel View Post
    Ummm, sorry but as a th9 player, I disagree.
    As a th9, my 3 star rate is almost 30 to 40 percent, which is okayish, a thing to note is I don't use my cc. When I used to however, the rate did not recieve that much of a boost. In TH9, offensive cc definitely doesn't decide who will win the match. If you just drop an ed and expect magic, well, it won't happen due to the seeking air mines in th9. If you drop 2 valkyries from your cc, the result will be the same.
    Although I support this change, I don't necessarily agree with your reasoning.
    it’s fine for you to disagree, let’s make sure we are talking about war attacks here, farming is irrelevant, so first off if you’re not using a cc in your attack you are not doing it correctly and should not be able to 3* any good war base

as a TH9 I have a 3* rate I would venture to guess using a level 13 cc would have a success rate of close to 90% + I could maybe be a little cocky and say 100% but I do slip up every now and then and fail because of my ego
    now take away that level 13 cc and it makes me concentrate, even as a seasoned veteran player, a little more cautiously and actually pay more attention to what I’m doing, as should be the case for all players, especially the newer ones who must learn the game properly or will forever be lost in the “why is this happening to me” game
    having a level 13 cc at especially TH9 and below allows a person to relax too much and that should not be the case, I’m even for taking away siege machines at TH10.......

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #422
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik5839 View Post
    New players will approve of this system when they are new, but will they also approve of it later when they are at a higher th lvl?
    Will they approve of it if a friend of their's start playing the game?
    This change reduces the advantage of having friends that have played the game for a while.

Btw, all I'm saying is that this change is annoying for quite some players, nothing more.
    Obviously it's a good change for a lot of other players, I can't say how many are affected positively and how many negatively, so it's difficult to judge.
    In the eyes of a truly new player who’s never experienced these extremely OP troops they wouldn’t know any better anymore soon.
    In their eyes they can still get strong troops or troops they cannot cook themselves. For someone starting the game now they’d never know any better.

Think of it this way. In the old system we are basically teaching TH3-7 to rely on OP CCs and that the CC can do the whole thing. By the time they are TH8 or 9 they haven’t got the foggiest idea how certain troops work, what their strength and weaknesses are, how the AI and targeting work, how they work together etc. so they’ve learned absolutely nothing and when the game begins to have strategy (as you said) they don’t know where to begin and are lost. Without the OP CCs they’d have to learn more of the basics earlier on.

Of course the change will be annoying for some at first, I’m not denying that but that by itself shouldn’t be a deciding factor not to do something believed to be better for the game. However some players also complained about the OP CCs and their difficulties with it so they will probably welcome the change.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    it’s fine for you to disagree, let’s make sure we are talking about war attacks here, farming is irrelevant, so first off if you’re not using a cc in your attack you are not doing it correctly and should not be able to 3* any good war base

as a TH9 I have a 3* rate I would venture to guess using a level 13 cc would have a success rate of close to 90% + I could maybe be a little cocky and say 100% but I do slip up every now and then and fail because of my ego
    now take away that level 13 cc and it makes me concentrate, even as a seasoned veteran player, a little more cautiously and actually pay more attention to what I’m doing, as should be the case for all players, especially the newer ones who must learn the game properly or will forever be lost in the “why is this happening to me” game
    having a level 13 cc at especially TH9 and below allows a person to relax too much and that should not be the case, I’m even for taking away siege machines at TH10.......
    Although my points earlier still hold(for me), I was talking about multi-player battles. I agree with all your points and if you are not using cc in war, you are doing a mistake.

Made by, Be a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    What difference does it make to lower TH’s, if the idea is to encourage people to update to the higher levels, then let them crush the lower TH’s. I think too many decisions are made to keep pro players happy and the reality is, these are not the core players. Casual players make up the biggest number and this directly impacts their fun.

if you know me, or read a lot of my posts, you would know I am for the people (the Jimmys as I like to call them), I always have been and always will be
    the pros are fun to watch at times, but they are a very very very small group whose skills are crazy good
    as I am for the people, I understand the importance of learning the game, I don’t want it to be too easy or too hard, it’s the difficult balance SC struggles with every single time they do an update, something all of the people who care about this game try and achieve, I doubt very much it will ever be “perfect”, but nothing in life really is, is it? all we can ask is that it is fair for the majority
    I understand people being upset about this change, if I was a newer player and was teased with using OP level 13 maxed out cc troops where I plunked down my cc as a TH8 and those maxed pieces of bacon ran around the enemy’s base wrecking everything in site, what a glorious feeling that would be, but...... and this is a big but (and I like big butts and I cannot lie.....) sorry, back on track...... did I learn anything during that attack? did I see what I need to accomplish through some strategy or did I just enjoy watching those hoggies run, search and destroy?

this is a hard pill to swallow, but it is for the greater good of the game......
    Last edited by Night Crawler; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:39 PM.

[QUOTE=Wachichi;12791037 From my own experience at silver cwl many many clans put in dead th13 ,th12, th11 bases with only about 7 or less active low level players... Remind me again how this its not going to make a difference to a clan thats not doing that.[/QUOTE]

I agree this is a problem, but cc troops aren't the way to correct it. SC should come up with some sort of rule that prevents it from happening. I'm not sure if it is two missed attacks in a row or what, but something should be done to stop clans from putting accounts into CWL wars that don't actually attack just to fill out their 15 (and intentionally filled out with a high level defense that is way too powerful for the league they are in).

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    Why would anyone request this. I’m normally positive about the changes in the game, but nothing positive about this, by far the worse change implemented so far.
    As others have said, it has been a common request. A common complaint comes from low hall players who don't have max troops to be donated in their clan. It is a huge disadvantage to go into a war attack fighting against max cc troops when you don't have max troops yourself. There are ways around it, of course, such as going to other clans to get troops, but it is a common request for that reason. It also has been requested from players that DO have max troops in their clan simply because they don't like the cc battle. Max cc loons to completely destroy a low hall base isn't much fun for some. I don't love the change, but I understand it.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #426
    One thing is certain..
    In the future this will be one of those.. remember when you could destroy a TH7 with a CC alone

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    One thing is certain..
    In the future this will be one of those.. remember when you could destroy a TH7 with a CC alone
    How?
    It was never possible for me with 20 housing space cc

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    One thing is certain..
    I just hope it doesn't become a "remember when making a mini was fun"

Quote Originally Posted by Erik5839 View Post
    I just hope it doesn't become a "remember when making a mini was fun"
    a few questions for you..... do you have a maxed TH13 or now 14? and if so, then why do you make a mini? what is it’s purpose for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    a few questions for you..... do you have a maxed TH13 or now 14? and if so, then why do you make a mini? what is it’s purpose for you?
    I do not have a maxed account, due to several breaks I took from the game.
    I like to have more than 1 account because it nice to weight in more in wars (more than 2 attacks), donate yourself troops, donate other people troops (which is easier/less annoying when you have more than 1 account) and because when I'm very active 1 account isn't enough to play with.