Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #0 - Clan Castle Donation Changes

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    Why would anyone request this. I’m normally positive about the changes in the game, but nothing positive about this, by far the worse change implemented so far.
    This has been requested by the lower town halls who get wrecked due to cc's.

Made by, Be a Legend

Upgrade then!

Quote Originally Posted by blazeaxel View Post
    This has been requested by the lower town halls who get wrecked due to cc's.
    Then surely the best advice would be to tell them to upgrade, not give them the powers to stay where they are. I have THís at most levels including 2 and 3, all of them get 3 starred, itís all part of the game itís going to happen so why penalise the majority to appease the few.

Thanks to REAPER for the Amazing signature.

I would approve of this change if it would only apply for wars and th8+.
    I don't see reasons why it should apply anywhere else.
    But obviously that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorf View Post
    Tencent, 80%+ owner of COC doesnt give a fig whether you learn the purity of the attack - its all about the $$ 8.6 Billion. Darian has said in previous communications that people hanging around in the mid THís, 8ís & 9ís and to a lessor extent 10 are an issue they want to address and get them to move up. They tried the carrot with neat magical freebies but that didnt work, or work fast enough, so now they got out the stick. ďYou want the Good troops, you got to move up.Ē And BTW, By a gold pass or 2 or 3...

Annoying to me, yes. Last Fri I was poised on 3 of my 6 accounts to move up to 11,12,& 13. 11 has gone up, sadly I bought the gold pass for him before I knew about this cash grab - I may have held off. I will def hold on the others as I am annoyed by this nonsense which puts my lessor Accts at a disadvantage in war.
    Well said.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #405
    Quote Originally Posted by Wachichi View Post
    It's a seperate but related issue. Although I agree with this change. This is absolutely a nerf to offence at low level. Calling it otherwise is basically a bit of a slap in the face to those people. A new attacker will still find killing cc hard. Most of the troops rhey face will still one shot their troops. And after using "most of thier army" on killing that lv4 (lets say) dragon or lv4 valks or lv2 witches or lv1 edragon. They will no longer have the offensive cc they had before to attack the base. And its fine. It just may take a while for those people to adapt and get used to that. And im ok with that. Im not as ok with an active team of 15 th9 in cwl with one attack each being smashed by a team of 3 active th10 with a whole lot of zombies and this change does effect that as a side effect. It makes it a lot harder for a th9 to attack th10. I think many people here are familiar with supercell usually making it possible for people to attack up one town hall for 2*. They often try to make that possible when a new town hall is released. This does the opposite. Th9 is a missive time sink there are 30 levels on queen and 15 on king and 2 levels of walls. In my opinion it has become and even more so with this update easier to get to th9 quicker. But th9 is big and I do feel a bit like they have gotten the short end of the stick on this one. I love that you are considering and concerned about lower and new players as am I, it's good that we can have a civilized discussion about things that effect them a lot more than us. Thankyou for that.
    Related in the sense that in my previous example both issues were about a car. Both these issues are related to lower town hall gameplay.
    I never made any statement whether itís a nerf or not. I donít understand where that is coming from. Of course the CC will not be as strong and thatís a good thing in my book. Itís not a good thing that a CC alone can destroy a whole TH6 by itself. When I was a TH7 the highest TH in the game was 9 and therefore the max troops I got were TH9 troops. These troops are more then good enough for a TH7 (and Iím not saying that because I didnít have better, itís a balance thing)

The problem is / was that a maxed CC at those levels is just much too powerful both defensively and offensively at those town hall levels.

Again the CWL issue you describe is a different topic.
    Attacking town hall up is supposed to be extremely difficult. Quite frankly because of the strong CCs people have gotten used to it being relatively easy to normal to 2 star higher town halls as their own and that shouldnít be the case. And sure while this change does have an effect in attacking up and might change things a bit it does result in a better balance. Itís not that normal for a lower town hall to attack up for a solid % 2 star. Look at it from a different perspective. How would you feel if the situation was reversed and youíd have a line up of TH9s getting destroyed by TH8s.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #406
    Tencent, 80%+ owner of COC doesnt give a fig whether you learn the purity of the attack - its all about the $$ 8.6 Billion. Darian has said in previous communications that people hanging around in the mid THís, 8ís & 9ís and to a lessor extent 10 are an issue they want to address and get them to move up. They tried the carrot with neat magical freebies but that didnt work, or work fast enough, so now they got out the stick. ďYou want the Good troops, you got to move up.Ē And BTW, By a gold pass or 2 or 3...

Annoying to me, yes. Last Fri I was poised on 3 of my 6 accounts to move up to 11,12,& 13. 11 has gone up, sadly I bought the gold pass for him before I knew about this cash grab - I may have held off. I will def hold on the others as I am annoyed by this nonsense which puts my lessor Accts at a disadvantage in war.
    Congratulations, Iíve never seen so much nonsense crammed into one post.

Its clear you donít understand how SC works, the clash game teams work and what everyoneís role is.
    All I hear is one big tantrum ďwaaah I donít like this change so itís a cash grabĒ

It doesnít force people to move up just for 20-30 housing space of stronger troops. Itís really nonsense to use that as a need to upgrade argument because it would hurt more then it would fix. But Iíll save my breath on explaining that.

Do me a favor and pick up the toys you threw out of the pram.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #407
    Why would anyone request this. Iím normally positive about the changes in the game, but nothing positive about this, by far the worse change implemented so far.
    Why do you find ithard to believe?

If you had read the Ideas 7 Feature requests forum, you would have seen quite a few requests to limit the levels of CC troops - many of them requesting even further than SC has gone, and wanting it to be nothing more than the player could brew themselves.

As for why, it is usually lower level players complaining they have no chance against OP clan castle troops. The response here has usually been along the lines of "well get some yourself then", but there are MANY lower level players who are in clans with no high TH players to donate to them.

The majority of forum members have multiple accounts, and "self donate" between them (including myself). But it is easy to forget, the majority of players are not in that position.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #408
    Then surely the best advice would be to tell them to upgrade, not give them the powers to stay where they are. I have THís at most levels including 2 and 3, all of them get 3 starred, itís all part of the game itís going to happen so why penalise the majority to appease the few.
    And thatís exactly how this complaint is often brushed aside when people share the complaint of the extreme overpowered CCs both on offense and defense.
    Then simply upgrade.
    They struggle to get resources to upgrade their stuff, they struggle in wars and the game overall is just not a fun experience for people having these issues so walking away from a game thatís frustrating them is easier. Which eventually is bad for the game.

They do need to keep an eye on the lower level game play experience.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #409

Thank you so much for telling us you don't gave the slightest hint of anything approaching a clue about the reasons behind this change.

Tencent are very much hands off when it comes to development of the game. That is entirely Supercell's decision.

And you know something? The fact you don't like it doesn't even come close to making it a "cash grab". If you believe it might be, then perhaps you could give us some insight as to just how you believe this might cause any players to spend significant cash they otherwise wouldn't have? I just can't see that, and without it, the fhange cannot be a cash grab.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik5839 View Post
    I would approve of this change if it would only apply for wars and th8+.
    I don't see reasons why it should apply anywhere else.
    But obviously that's just my opinion.
    So your fine with th6s getting maxed loons and 3 staring bases without using any of their troops?