Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #0 - Clan Castle Donation Changes

Fresh Spawn
    Looking for any advice (whatsoever) regarding the update. My Asus Chromebook (brand new *6months & fully updated) was fine until the 12th...after the update and multiple attempts to reload, uninstall, clear cache, reinstall, force quit etc...still nothing. The app won't even load...

works on my Samsung S20...but why not Chromebook? Is this intentional? If so, why no warnings? No way I'm going to buy a new device to play a game...I hope that's not the 'solution'

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    How on earth can making sure your tires have air solve the problem of your engine not running ?

Youre basically asking how a solution to problem A can fix a completely different issue B.

(I wouldn’t be against the situation if an inactive account after set amount of time can’t be included in CWL but that’s a different issue and different fix)
    It's a seperate but related issue. Although I agree with this change. This is absolutely a nerf to offence at low level. Calling it otherwise is basically a bit of a slap in the face to those people. A new attacker will still find killing cc hard. Most of the troops rhey face will still one shot their troops. And after using "most of thier army" on killing that lv4 (lets say) dragon or lv4 valks or lv2 witches or lv1 edragon. They will no longer have the offensive cc they had before to attack the base. And its fine. It just may take a while for those people to adapt and get used to that. And im ok with that. Im not as ok with an active team of 15 th9 in cwl with one attack each being smashed by a team of 3 active th10 with a whole lot of zombies and this change does effect that as a side effect. It makes it a lot harder for a th9 to attack th10. I think many people here are familiar with supercell usually making it possible for people to attack up one town hall for 2*. They often try to make that possible when a new town hall is released. This does the opposite. Th9 is a missive time sink there are 30 levels on queen and 15 on king and 2 levels of walls. In my opinion it has become and even more so with this update easier to get to th9 quicker. But th9 is big and I do feel a bit like they have gotten the short end of the stick on this one. I love that you are considering and concerned about lower and new players as am I, it's good that we can have a civilized discussion about things that effect them a lot more than us. Thankyou for that.
    Last edited by Wachichi; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaner21 View Post
    Looking for any advice (whatsoever) regarding the update. My Asus Chromebook (brand new *6months & fully updated) was fine until the 12th...after the update and multiple attempts to reload, uninstall, clear cache, reinstall, force quit etc...still nothing. The app won't even load...

works on my Samsung S20...but why not Chromebook? Is this intentional? If so, why no warnings? No way I'm going to buy a new device to play a game...I hope that's not the 'solution'
    An unfortunate casualty of the update, but luckily it's being reversed. When that happens is a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by FMdC92 View Post
    Don't try to understand the forums. It's a magical land of disagreement and ego self-inflation. Keep your head down and try to survive..

Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    . the reason for reducing the level of troops to certain levels is so that the lower levels dont solely rely on their cc troops to wreck the base they are attacking, ..... thereby the attacker doesnt necessarily learn skills of the strategy.
    Tencent, 80%+ owner of COC doesnt give a fig whether you learn the purity of the attack - its all about the $$ 8.6 Billion. Darian has said in previous communications that people hanging around in the mid THs, 8s & 9s and to a lessor extent 10 are an issue they want to address and get them to move up. They tried the carrot with neat magical freebies but that didnt work, or work fast enough, so now they got out the stick. You want the Good troops, you got to move up. And BTW, By a gold pass or 2 or 3...

Annoying to me, yes. Last Fri I was poised on 3 of my 6 accounts to move up to 11,12,& 13. 11 has gone up, sadly I bought the gold pass for him before I knew about this cash grab - I may have held off. I will def hold on the others as I am annoyed by this nonsense which puts my lessor Accts at a disadvantage in war.

I agree the game has changed, and not for the better in my opinion, since Tencent came into it, as it does indeed seem as it has become more about the benjamins than about certain game play aspects, I know a lot of SC supporters will disagree with this and that’s their opinion, and this is a business and I get that also, so I cannot deny that they must make money, it’s maybe just a question of how much do they need and at what expense to the game

I have seen however certain comments made about game play basics, there seems to be some recent acceptance or maybe realization that people do need to learn as they progress, but they also have the problem of how fast can one progress and still maintain that level of ‘proper’ learning, another tricky balancing problem they have to deal with

Personally I have 6 accounts, 8,9,10,11,12,13, all of them perma maxed, they will never advance, I did this for a couple of reasons, one; I like to play the game at different levels as I find myself remembering the basics such as funnelling or using/practicing different strats etc. the second reason was because I thought that perhaps it would be fun to maybe join some kind of league where it was just based on the TH levels, I haven’t found one of those yet, but still think it would be fun, I think a lot of old players do the same thing

I will stand with SC on this change tho, I do believe this reduction to donated troops is a good move

the reason for reducing the level of troops to certain levels is so that the lower levels dont solely rely on their cc troops to wreck the base they are attacking, which in my opinion is a very good thing as it got carried away when a TH9 for example can destroy another TH9 based on their cc doing the bulk of the work for them, thereby the attacker doesnt necessarily learn skills of the strategy.
    Ummm, sorry but as a th9 player, I disagree.
    As a th9, my 3 star rate is almost 30 to 40 percent, which is okayish, a thing to note is I don't use my cc. When I used to however, the rate did not recieve that much of a boost. In TH9, offensive cc definitely doesn't decide who will win the match. If you just drop an ed and expect magic, well, it won't happen due to the seeking air mines in th9. If you drop 2 valkyries from your cc, the result will be the same.
    Although I support this change, I don't necessarily agree with your reasoning.

Made by, Be a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blazeaxel View Post
    Ummm, sorry but as a th9 player, I disagree.
    As a th9, my 3 star rate is almost 30 to 40 percent, which is okayish, a thing to note is I don't use my cc. When I used to however, the rate did not recieve that much of a boost. In TH9, offensive cc definitely doesn't decide who will win the match. If you just drop an ed and expect magic, well, it won't happen due to the seeking air mines in th9. If you drop 2 valkyries from your cc, the result will be the same.
    Although I support this change, I don't necessarily agree with your reasoning.
    If you used max hogs, max loons or giants in cc you may find the difference to be more substantial. Even with the cc nerf these are arguably still up there with the best troops to get in cc although lv1 edrag, IG, yeti, bowlers, are probably going to become more prevelant.
    Last edited by Wachichi; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wachichi View Post
    If you used max hogs, max loons or giants in cc you may find the difference to be more substantial. Even with the cc nerf these are arguably still up there with the best troops to get in cc although lv1 edrag, IG, yeti, bowlers, are probably going to become more prevelant.
    These cc's still need skill. You can't just spam any cc in th9 and get a 2 star or even a 1 star. They are prevailing yes, but unlike th6 and th5, just throwing your cc is not going to do anything in th9.
    This is in contrast to what the person who I replied to said.

Made by, Be a Legend

I find this hard to believe

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    I know this has been requested a lot.
    Why would anyone request this. Im normally positive about the changes in the game, but nothing positive about this, by far the worse change implemented so far.

Thanks to REAPER for the Amazing signature.

the reason for reducing the level of troops to certain levels is so that the lower levels dont solely rely on their cc troops to wreck the base they are attacking, which in my opinion is a very good thing as it got carried away when a TH9 for example can destroy another TH9 based on their cc doing the bulk of the work for them,
    What difference does it make to lower THs, if the idea is to encourage people to update to the higher levels, then let them crush the lower THs. I think too many decisions are made to keep pro players happy and the reality is, these are not the core players. Casual players make up the biggest number and this directly impacts their fun.

Thanks to REAPER for the Amazing signature.