Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #0 - Clan Castle Donation Changes

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #371
    Quote Originally Posted by blazeaxel View Post
    Although I do like the donation changes and I support them wholeheartedly, I don't agree with your reasoning in this paragraph.
    As my mini was a th6 for almost 2 weeks, whenever i met a maxed dragon in the cc, i will lure it out with my archers and surround it with them.
    This trick is known by almost all the th6's, except a few who have never seen a dragon.
    Also, if th6's don't get maxed dragons, then no problem, they will request for 3 headhunters, who are strong enough.
    Oh yes I do know this trick well, but I do think most average TH6 players who might be in a TH... - TH8 clan do not.
    The problem is permanent maxers or players whoíve had experiences in higher THs canít just switch off what they learned previously.
    For a player playing a second, third or however many time around the game is much easier at lower Th levels because they bring the experience they have. For a fresh new TH6 itís a whole different ball game, Itís about the first time they probably see and encounter dragons. I remember being a TH8/9 and Xbow used to scare me. Iím sure if Iím a TH8/9 now they wouldnít be quite so intimidating anymore.

Plus however many archers of level 3 or 4 (?) is it going to take to take down all the hitpoints of a maxed level dragon and as more and more levels will be introduced it will get more and more difficult eating up more and more camp space of needing to deal with the CC.
    Maybe my example was a bit exaggerated. That I could see yes but in essence the point still holds up.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Plus however many archers of level 3 or 4 (?) is it going to take to take down all the hitpoints of a maxed level dragon and as more and more levels will be introduced it will get more and more difficult eating up more and more camp space of needing to deal with the CC.
    Maybe my example was a bit exaggerated. That I could see yes but in essence the point still holds up.
    I agree with all your previous points. When I was a new th9, I was scared by a defence like the x bow or as a th8, the electro dragon.
    But well, If we see the strategies which are used in th6:
    1. Wizards and giants- wizards can be used to wipe the dragon, while the giants are tanking for them.
    2. Gibarch- same as wizards
    3. Mass loons- if the spammer knows what they are doing, they can bag a 1 star
    Of course th6's don't have that much experience. When i was a TH6 though, due to advice from my peers, I maxed every town hall, hence I knew all tricks of a town hall as low as 3. I was barely like an average th.....-th7. Hence, I will also agree that I overestimated the attacking skills of an average lower town hall.

Made by, Be a Legend

I will crying when i won't be able to pass "Super" events with my mini.
    I tried it now, and i cannot donate super troops to my mini - since there is no lower level.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Oh yes I do know this trick well, but I do think most average TH6 players who might be in a TH... - TH8 clan do not....

.... , Itís about the first time they probably see and encounter dragons. I remember being a TH8/9 and Xbow used to scare me. Iím sure if Iím a TH8/9 now they wouldnít be quite so intimidating anymore.

Out of last 24 attacks on my Th2 after the update only 7 people took enough archers to take out CC baby dragon.
    I could have won 17/24 defences(I did not do this since I just experimented with different CCs so I won 10/24).Btw all these attacks were th3,4,5 dips on th2.

It takes at least 15 lvl1 archers to kill lvl1 BD, before theupdate it took 18 dispite seemingly huge difference between BD lvl7 and lvl1 which is +50% hp. That only seems a lot stronger, but army needed to kill it is quite similar, because effectiveness of troops rises exponentially as you increase their number.

So now after the update people can take 17% less troops to kill CCs and most of the time others do not have CC at all, big deal, wow. However, CC offence when DPS and HP is combined got , balloon example, -91.4% offensive power nerf.
    LESS relevant: {That numbers is reduced when you combine strength of CC and army camp troops, but still that is huge offensive nerf compared to defence. The only troop, which nerf people should be really glad about, is valk(and ballons kind of). This lvl9 valk with 1850 hp and excellent initial attack speed and mobility would be just too hard to deal even with the one trick.}

The only problem is baby/dragons were the most popular CC before nerf and now they will be even more popular. So defence did not receive such an big nerf as offence. The irony is that most of complains that lead to cc nerf were about too strong defending cc. Now when their offence actually took even bigger hit , it will be nice to see their performance.
    Last edited by NizaZiza; April 13th, 2021 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlMantooth View Post
    Soooo, donation changes for lower bases are designed to make players upgrade faster?
    More likely it was changed so a lower level hall player doesn't have to deal with an enemy with max th14 troops in their defensive CC when that lower level hall player doesn't have those same max th14 troops in their own cc. Another factor may be that SC didn't think it was great even if that lower level player did have a high hall in their clan to give them max troops for their own cc, if the entire attack always centered around using cc troops to destroy cc troops.

I don't really think the change was needed, but I don't think it is all that bad either. It is fine. Everyone will be fine. A couple years from now lower level players will be able to hear old timers say "you should've seen it back when a th6 had to fight against th13 max troops in the enemy cc."

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #376
    Although I do like the donation changes and I support them wholeheartedly, I don't agree with your reasoning in this paragraph.
    As my mini was a th6 for almost 2 weeks, whenever i met a maxed dragon in the cc, i will lure it out with my archers and surround it with them.
    This trick is known by almost all the th6's, except a few who have never seen a dragon.
    Also, if th6's don't get maxed dragons, then no problem, they will request for 3 headhunters, who are strong enough.
    The key phrase there is "my mini". You are an experienced player. You know how to dealnwith that sort of thing. Most Th6s playing the first time won't.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #377
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlMantooth View Post
    Soooo, donation changes for lower bases are designed to make players upgrade faster?
    I doubt that even entered their thinking on this one.

It certainly wasn't changed for equity sake,
    Why on earth do you believe it might possibly not have been, never mind "certainly"?

lower bases are already SUPREMELY disadvantaged with such lower level troops, even against their own TH level.
    Care to give us some sort of reasoning as to how you believe it even possible they could be disadvantaged (never mind "SUPREMELY" so) against their own TH level?

Against higher TH levels, of course they are, and should be.

But apparently it was a big deal for a TH 10 to receive max troops? That surely can't be for parity sake, right? Is it to try and spend even more time learning new attacks? Good grief. Really really unnecessary and actually a tad irritating in my IMHO
    It isn't mainly about TH10, who are currently not affected all that much by It. It is mainly about the lower Town Halls, and about future proofing.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #378
    I agree with all your previous points. When I was a new th9, I was scared by a defence like the x bow or as a th8, the electro dragon.
    But well, If we see the strategies which are used in th6:
    1. Wizards and giants- wizards can be used to wipe the dragon, while the giants are tanking for them.
    2. Gibarch- same as wizards
    3. Mass loons- if the spammer knows what they are doing, they can bag a 1 star
    Of course th6's don't have that much experience. When i was a TH6 though, due to advice from my peers, I maxed every town hall, hence I knew all tricks of a town hall as low as 3. I was barely like an average th.....-th7. Hence, I will also agree that I overestimated the attacking skills of an average lower town hall.
    I remember many years ago I was a wee TH6 when I joined a farming clan with lots of high level, experienced farmers who knew a lot about they game. They were TH9 at the time which was the highest TH.. I learned a lot from them when it came to dealing with CCs, later I joined a sister clan when I was TH9/10. These clans also had friends in the cup hunting clans so they learned all sorts tricks from them as well as how to deal with certain CCs etc. I also learned the tank (giant or golem) distraction and Wizard follow up, or just overwhelm the CC or how to loon drop a CC full of wizards (lure wizards and kill them with 1 loon) and to surround a dragon with archers, how a 223 was effective against most CCs or heroes if lured to a corner and how a cc full of minions could overwhelm the maxed queen at the time.

But it still could happen at the time that I made a small mistake which caused me to fail to kill a dragon and that was only a TH9 or 10 dragon at best at the time. The rest didnít exist yet so over the years this certainly became more difficult as troop levels increased and increased. Anywho just sharing some anecdotes. Nowadays partially because of the speed of the game there are many tricks players donít learn until much later because they progress much faster. Some of the basic tricks and skills from years ago have almost vanished as players arenít used to certain things. Luring CCs for example is starting to become a lot art with poisons, freezes and overwhelming CCs.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Fresh Spawn

Clan castle troops

Why in the world did u stop lower town halls from getting maxed troops 😡

Quote Originally Posted by 49ersman View Post
    Why in the world did u stop lower town halls from getting maxed troops 
    You'll find answers in the threads discussing this very topic.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.