Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 662

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #0 - Clan Castle Donation Changes

  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #571
    SharkyFinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Everywhere. Always watching.
    Posts
    11,917
    Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    You keep repeating the same thing, but you are clearly not listening.
    Agreed.

    Quote Originally Posted by dgiba View Post
    A donator (TH13) gives a level 4 e-drag, but recipient (TH9) gets a level 2 e-drag
    take donation refund (in a level 10+ clan) into consideration,
    Net cost for a level 4 e-drag is 20000 elixir
    Net cost for a level 2 e-drag is 16000 elixir
    If you have nothing else to offer but posting the same things over and over, I think you should probably step away from the discussion.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 22 - 781 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Groupme - + - Discord

  2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #572
    Kaptain Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    adieu farewell auf wiedersehen goodbye
    Posts
    12,709
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    That perk has been EARNED by the clan as a whole, sheesh now who's picking cherries

    SC has chosen to take away our choice. So they will have to mitigate the negative consequences - that would be and is logical and normal

    and here we go: next argument will be the 'this is not a democracy argument' from that side...
    So ?
    People still benefit from the added level. Never was it said anywhere that it had to be free.
    Its grown as such and people expect it yes (and I understand that).
    but this whole issue is an absolute non issue and is seriously splitting hairs. You donate an e drag or not take your pick.

    But if the recipient can have the maxed E drag then it would cost the donator that same amount.

    The game certainly doesn’t need more reasons for players to follow weird progression paths or players told to hold back because their donations would get more expensive...

    you know what don't donate at all thats even much much cheaper.

    Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

    Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

  3. #573
    Forum Veteran SumoSloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,905
    Quote Originally Posted by dgiba View Post
    People spent 20000 elixir for the troops, they would like to see the recipient to get something worth 20000 elixir.
    High level TH players don't want to donate anymore. It just discourage people from donating.
    They are! They are actually receiving a troop worth 32000 elixir, because that's what it costs to train a Level 2 Edrag.

    If it's discouraging high level players from donating that's a clan management issue imo. No different than before where low level players were discouraged from donating. It's all about the perspective. And the way you are looking at it is pretty limited imo. Let me ask you this, should players be charged extra when their donation goes up a level or two levels??? Because that's essentially the same thing you are arguing. It's non-sensical.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

  4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #574
    Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    I did just try it myself, see my example posted above. Flat out You are not donating a level 4 balloon, you are donating a level 9 balloon. You can't train a level 4 balloon, so your point is irrelevant. What happens to the balloon after it leaves you has no relevance to your cost to train it nor your refunded cost. No different than if a TH9 donates a balloon to a TH13 where it goes up two levels on arrival they don't get charged the difference.

    It is based on your cost and your cost alone. Nothing else.
    This is all true, and it doesn't bother me in the least. You always (I think) end up with the final cost to you being less than the value of what was received.

    But I can see why others will complain (and have).

    It isn't nonsensical to complain that what is received costs less than what you donated.

    So far as the other way around goes, that is a perk, so it isn't unreasonable you get that benefit.

  5. #575
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    3,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    This is all true, and it doesn't bother me in the least. You always (I think) end up with the final cost to you being less than the value of what was received.

    But I can see why others will complain (and have).

    It isn't nonsensical to complain that what is received costs less than what you donated.

    So far as the other way around goes, that is a perk, so it isn't unreasonable you get that benefit.
    Not so sure I agree. I have nothing. I ask for something. You give me something. Why does it matter so much to ME what you spent?
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesn’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #576
    Kaptain Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    adieu farewell auf wiedersehen goodbye
    Posts
    12,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    This is all true, and it doesn't bother me in the least. You always (I think) end up with the final cost to you being less than the value of what was received.

    But I can see why others will complain (and have).

    It isn't nonsensical to complain that what is received costs less than what you donated.

    So far as the other way around goes, that is a perk, so it isn't unreasonable you get that benefit.
    It is nonsensical because it’s a non issue.

    with all the potential that opened up for lower THs now to donate as well the donation burden in mixed hall clans *can* be spread much more and you could potentially save a lot.

    This is really a whole lot of blah blah about a few drops of elixir.

    Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

    Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

  7. #577
    Forum Contender joshsgrandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    4,977
    I cant see the problem either.. You either donate or you dont donate?.. There is choice.

    So far as perks.. Yep, they have more significance now..
    Take that TH7 dragon for an instance..
    He can make level 2 himself, so thats his entry level..
    Clan perk 1-4.. He can only receive a level 2 dragon in his cc
    Perk level 5-9.. He can receive a level 3
    Perk level 10+.. He can receive a level 4

    Prior to the change, clan perk level didnt matter.. If a big 13 was donating, then its max whatever the clan level is..
    Now perks make a difference..
    So far as refunds.. Youre joking right.. next someone will be asking for donations to war cc to count towards the donation score.

    Was a little disappointed I couldnt bang Super Minions in our th9 war cc this war.. But hey ho, guess the Edrag cc is set to make a come back
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:34 PM.

  8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #578
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    It is nonsensical because it’s a non issue.

    with all the potential that opened up for lower THs now to donate as well the donation burden in mixed hall clans *can* be spread much more and you could potentially save a lot.

    This is really a whole lot of blah blah about a few drops of elixir.
    For me, it is absolutely a non issue, agreed. I've never really noticed the cost of donating.

    But I can see why some people do consider it to be an issue.

    I think it a bit strong to dismiss it as nonsensical.

  9. #579
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    For me, it is absolutely a non issue, agreed. I've never really noticed the cost of donating.

    But I can see why some people do consider it to be an issue.

    I think it a bit strong to dismiss it as nonsensical.
    Are these the same who didn't rearm their traps because it was costly?

  10. #580
    Forum Veteran SumoSloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    For me, it is absolutely a non issue, agreed. I've never really noticed the cost of donating.

    But I can see why some people do consider it to be an issue.

    I think it a bit strong to dismiss it as nonsensical.
    I don't think it's strong to dismiss it as nonsensical. People are reaching if this is the thing they are worried about. It devalues and distracts from the actual legitimate arguments against the donation cap change.

    I mean really, think about it... Would people not attack a base because the amount of loot they would gain is too much for their storages to handle? They would lose out on all that elixir...

    This whole idea of losing elixir is ridiculous especially given the context that nobody actually loses elixir because it's entirely based on the costs you incur when you train your troops, which is the same whether the level of the troop goes up down or stays the same. It's a ridiculous argument and beginning to be a waste of everyone's time discussing it.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •