Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #0 - Clan Castle Donation Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    No you aren't.

Why would only being able to use CC troops 2 from 2 town halks above your own level put you at a disadvantage? Everybody else has exactly the same situation.
    It puts them at a disadvantage to where they were before. Before the update they could use bigger troops in the cc, now they can't. That's a disadvantage. A disadvantage does not have to relate to in comparison to someone else.

I'm not a big fan of the change either. I think that it's something that we will all forget about in a year, but as of right now, it's a negative from this update imo. Part of the fun of getting an update as a lower th is learning that you'll get new levels of certain troops to use in the cc, now they've done the opposite and actually taken away troop levels that were previously available.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    Didn't the +2 become more worthwhile for the lower members? Also the max check box still works. It still limits donations to the highest level that th can receive. So a th 10 asking for lvl 8 loons won't be able to receive lvl 6 loons. Seems the button still has a function so they didn't remove it.
    As I look at it now, you are correct the +2 still works for lower TH members. Didn't realize lots of people thought it was too OP for lower TH CC to have anything up to the size limit of the CC. Just gotta figure out to keep the lower members involved with a high amount of TH11+ members. It almost makes me feel like I will have exclude members up to a certain TH.
    And with CWL 30v30 events, giving max level troops to lower TH allowed them to go for that easy 1 star. That may not be the case anymore. No more donating a max golem to soak up damage from a TH that's 2-4 times their own level. CWL is not based on a point system. It based on just being in that league. Having low TH go for the easy high TH one star helped win wars. Now that won't do anymore.
    Last edited by GhettoSuperstar; April 12th, 2021 at 04:29 PM.

Centennial Club
    I have th2 mini and I tested a little if people can attack me more easily now. Honestly, not too much of a difference in defending. My favourite def CC before nerf was max level I)head hunter + (wizz or 4×1 troops space something), II)baby dragon and III)valk + archers. Th3,4 dip fails look fairly similar like they did before update (especially against head hunter lvl1). If I wanted I could go for unbreakable achievement even now as just th2.

So next I checked offence since I like that more. Before update I did th2 v th5 3* hit-up using revenge button or th2 v th4 3* in matchmaking, both of which are now impossible most of the time (well 2* is still possible at least). I am just using my th2 as example since it relied on strong CC like other low ths.

Imo, so far this update affected offence more than defence dispite seemingly affecting both equally. Not everyone has defending CC and when they do, even lvl1 baby dragon,valk or head hunter can wreck inexperienced(new) attacker. Max level troops were very strong (this certainly affected many attacks before update), but psychological effect of them seemed even stronger.

P.S. helping low level th was one of points of cc nerf, but idk. We will see if this was worth all side effects incoming in future (some feel cheated, effects on CWL bcz poor th9,10s in hit-up do not get help of maximum max cc troops anymore).
    Last edited by NizaZiza; April 12th, 2021 at 04:59 PM.

Hurt my own feelers

I suppose the logic of maxing out my main base and making 15 odd mini’s in order to donate max troops to my own (and clannies bases, was a bit eccentric. Such an odd feeling to see my max troops get reduced. Almost like the great coc equalizer is in progress. I know it is “fair”, but my ego says it is not.

Pro Member
    As I see it this change was put in place because new players dont know how to kill cc troops. Not that they can't they just don't know how or dont have the practice / skill required.
    I see some positives here: They can learn how to do that now with a less difficult learning curve. Supercell can release new troops and spells and levels to them with less of a concern about how it will effect low town hall gameplay. Max town halls that felt "stuck" in clans due to that clans need for thier troops can venture forth. Lower level players can take part in the donating.
    The main negatives I see: On offence reasonably experienced low town hall players may struggle to get 3* making their attacks in mixed town hall wars less relevant in some cases. And of course as mentioned a big one for lower town halls is that this makes clan war league basically unplayable in many cases at anything but the very very lowest league whereas if they were lucky enough to get decent cc troops and had the skillset it wasnt so before.
    Last edited by Wachichi; April 13th, 2021 at 05:58 AM.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #366
    Quote Originally Posted by Wachichi View Post
    As I see it this change was put in place because new players dont know how to kill cc troops. Not that they can't they just don't know how or dont have the practice / skill required.
    I see some positives here: They can learn how to do that now with a less difficult learning curve. Supercell can release new troops and spells and levels to them with less of a concern about how it will effect low town hall gameplay. Max town halls that felt "stuck" in clans due to that clans need for thier troops can venture forth. Lower level players can take part in the donating.
    The main negatives I see: On offence reasonably experienced low town hall players may struggle to get 3* making their attacks in mixed town hall wars less relevant in some cases. And of course as mentioned a big one for lower town halls is that this makes clan war league basically unplayable in many cases at anything but the very very lowest league whereas if they were lucky enough to get decent cc troops and had the skillset it wasnt so before.
    How is a TH 6 supposed to properly deal with a maxed dragon in CC for defense ? Just look at the few troop choices and low levels they have available. With their own army they won’t be able to deal with it or use most of the army.
    Unless they deal with it with maxed troops in their own CC. But if that new TH6 is in a clan of people around his level and doesn’t have access to maxed troops he’s basically screwed on these types of attacks where he meets a maxed dragon in CC. This just isn’t a good player experience. On the defense end if a TH6 vs TH6 attacker takes a maxed dragon against an empty or low level CC it can destroy the entire base by itself pretty much. That’s also not a good experience and sets expectations for later in the game.

Its not a bad thing if the 3 star in the lower levels is slightly more difficult. Or at least requires a bit more planning and relying a little less on that horribly OP CC. They still get strong enough troops and the 3 star shouldn’t be that difficult.

As for CWL. If they’re in the lowest regions it would make little difference. In fact it levels the playing fields between those lower level clans who do and the ones who don’t have TH13 (or14) feeding them maxed troops. A TH6 clan with a TH13 donating vs a full TH6 clan doesn’t take much to figure out who will win that match. In mixed hall wars and especially the ones with a large spread yes attacking up might be more difficult but then again attacking up should be very difficult. A TH6 relatively easy 2 starring a TH8 with the help of a TH14 troops in CC shouldn’t be that straightforward. In fact the TH8s defense should be able to hold.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    How is a TH 6 supposed to properly deal with a maxed dragon in CC for defense ? Just look at the few troop choices and low levels they have available. With their own army they won’t be able to deal with it or use most of the army.
    Unless they deal with it with maxed troops in their own CC. But if that new TH6 is in a clan of people around his level and doesn’t have access to maxed troops he’s basically screwed on these types of attacks where he meets a maxed dragon in CC.
    Although I do like the donation changes and I support them wholeheartedly, I don't agree with your reasoning in this paragraph.
    As my mini was a th6 for almost 2 weeks, whenever i met a maxed dragon in the cc, i will lure it out with my archers and surround it with them.
    This trick is known by almost all the th6's, except a few who have never seen a dragon.
    Also, if th6's don't get maxed dragons, then no problem, they will request for 3 headhunters, who are strong enough.

Made by, Be a Legend

Soooo, donation changes for lower bases are designed to make players upgrade faster? It certainly wasn't changed for equity sake, lower bases are already SUPREMELY disadvantaged with such lower level troops, even against their own TH level. But apparently it was a big deal for a TH 10 to receive max troops? That surely can't be for parity sake, right? Is it to try and spend even more time learning new attacks? Good grief. Really really unnecessary and actually a tad irritating in my IMHO

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blazeaxel View Post
    Although I do like the donation changes and I support them wholeheartedly, I don't agree with your reasoning in this paragraph.
    As my mini was a th6 for almost 2 weeks, whenever i met a maxed dragon in the cc, i will lure it out with my archers and surround it with them.
    This trick is known by almost all the th6's, except a few who have never seen a dragon.
    Also, if th6's don't get maxed dragons, then no problem, they will request for 3 headhunters, who are strong enough.
    You are seriously overestimating the aptitude of an average th6 attacker. Most are too inexperienced to know what to do even if they have seen a dragon before, and more often than not they will fail the raid as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    You are seriously overestimating the aptitude of an average th6 attacker. Most are too inexperienced to know what to do even if they have seen a dragon before, and more often than not they will fail the raid as a result.
    I mean, I was a th6 too in my main a year ago, and I still knew this trick. It's a thing to note that I did not watch the forums or youtube on clash back then, I just thought it would work after seeing the abilities of the archers.

Made by, Be a Legend